76039 - Ant-Man Final Battle

TheOrcKing

On 30/11/2015, 7:22:19, Jules_K said:

Retired Product on SAH EU / Asia.

Only just realised this after someone just bought a Scott Lang minifig off me for almost 28 bucks. I have a grand total of 3 of these, so I guess I will hold onto them for a while longer.

I only opened one box and only built Antony (the flying ant) and the scaled up Lego pieces with the catapult; the minifigs were never assembled and zip locked for sale.

I am a fan of the film, but I was surprised just how much I enjoyed the flying ant, Once it's built with its wings, it's a decent size and it looks great. A quick substitute of the pink 'ass' plate and replacing his saddle with a 2x2 black brick covered by a 2x3 navy blue tile and he looks like a nature series ( a la Birds style ) here's one of my home-made pics below.

DSC_7441.JPG

Edited by ED-209
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 18/12/2015 at 10:13 AM, JeffProbst said:

I see Giant Man and Tiny Ant Man in the Civil War set images, but no regular Ant Man figure.

From an Australian perspective, these are looking good. Lowest BIN on the bay is $85. 

The absence of regular size ant-man is what's getting me to seriously consider buying some of these below 25€ and selling them for around 55€ after Captain America : Civil War rolls around. Although, I'm always afraid that people won't even buy them at that price because even though the set has been discontinued and has 3 exclusive minifigs, people will simply not be willing to pay that much for such a small build. If they want a specific minifig, they might not bother with the full box and just buy the fig. What's your take on this phenomenon?

23 minutes ago, staggs9696 said:

The absence of regular size ant-man is what's getting me to seriously consider buying some of these below 25€ and selling them for around 55€ after Captain America : Civil War rolls around. Although, I'm always afraid that people won't even buy them at that price because even though the set has been discontinued and has 3 exclusive minifigs, people will simply not be willing to pay that much for such a small build. If they want a specific minifig, they might not bother with the full box and just buy the fig. What's your take on this phenomenon?

6866 did pretty well after retirement and continues to hold its own. I don't believe you will lose anything. If I didn't have a regular Ant man set when the new Civil War film comes out, I would be busting to get 76039 which includes Yellow Jacket and Hank Pym. I think I may start scouting around for this set although it is a bit thin on the ground where i am.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Alfiepops said:

6866 did pretty well after retirement and continues to hold its own. I don't believe you will lose anything. If I didn't have a regular Ant man set when the new Civil War film comes out, I would be busting to get 76039 which includes Yellow Jacket and Hank Pym. I think I may start scouting around for this set although it is a bit thin on the ground where i am.

Yeah, it's quite limited in numbers, and I feel like it was a low profile set while it was out. Even though the movie was successful, it was slightly eclipsed by Age of Ultron's success. It wasn't available for too long either which means that not so much people had the time to buy it, and those who did are probably happy with it if they bought it for use or temporary exposition. Those which were bought for investment though are going to stay held for a few more months I think, and considering the low price of this set, I predict that there will be a big chunk of supply all of a sudden, so the challenge will be to sell slightly before everyone else starts selling. 

I'm actually going to encounter this issue a few time in the short future as I've been gathering some X-Men 76022 over the past week to sell them when the X-Men movie comes out and people complain about the lack of X-Men lego sets, and I've also started to collect some cheap Guardians of the Galaxy Milano 76021 to sell at almost 200€ next year around the release of the second Guardians of the Galaxy movie. 

3 hours ago, staggs9696 said:

I'm actually going to encounter this issue a few time in the short future as I've been gathering some X-Men 76022 over the past week to sell them when the X-Men movie comes out and people complain about the lack of X-Men lego sets, and I've also started to collect some cheap Guardians of the Galaxy Milano 76021 to sell at almost 200€ next year around the release of the second Guardians of the Galaxy movie. 

The Milano sounds like the riskiest of the 3. You're really hoping that the Milano isn't remade for GotG2. But look at the qunijet, 3 releases for 3 different movies.

7 hours ago, thoroakenfelder said:

The Milano sounds like the riskiest of the 3. You're really hoping that the Milano isn't remade for GotG2. But look at the qunijet, 3 releases for 3 different movies.

Well the main reason why I don't mind investing in the Milano is because I actually don't mind being left with them on my hands. If it ends up being the case, I can just eventually build them up and expose them , build the necrocarrier or whatever that massive ship's name was, and have the Milanos become simple ravager ships.
I do admit that it is risky though, as it is basically the one thing that will be a constant between the 2 movies. I also think that there are a few details on it that Lego will want to fix (i.e. the amount of air holes which leave the cockpit non-space proof) but I don't think they'll be able to make a better version of it.

One of the main reasons why the Quinjet is remade over and over again is because it is remade in each movie, not just the lego sets.

Stores can't even give these away in the UK....loads of pent up stock on the shelves especially places like TRU, but its one of the sets I see everywhere in big numbers. Surprised its not more popular, as a set its something a bit different and the film is still recent in the memory. I did pick one up for myself though, but seeing your comments makes me think I need to load up a suit case and head out west.

AMFB_Stock.JPG

• Like 1

8 hours ago, neco said:

Stores can't even give these away in the UK....loads of pent up stock on the shelves especially places like TRU, but its one of the sets I see everywhere in big numbers. Surprised its not more popular, as a set its something a bit different and the film is still recent in the memory. I did pick one up for myself though, but seeing your comments makes me think I need to load up a suit case and head out west.

Actually this is what I find very interesting about this set. Despite the movie having been a great success, this set is one that I have seen en masse several times since it's been retired. It's not a bad set, the characters are unique to it, but I think the reason why so few bought it is because of the nature of these characters who are meant to shrink and enlarge which they cannot do in Lego. This is why I think it will have a second life once the spring sets are released; we'll finally also have a tiny and a giant version of Ant-Man, and the instructions to build similar giant Hank Pym and Yellow Jacket. Although, I do keep in mind that Yellow Jacket was a one time villain apparently, such as Red Skull or Fake Mandarin, or even the dude with energy whips from Iron Man 2, and we most likely won't see him again in the MCU. What that means is that there might not be much demand for the whole set, and only the figure of Scott will sell :/ 

Winter sales are starting in 22 minutes out here, and I'm going to check every store around Bordeaux that sells lego to see their deals. If I can get some of these at more than 30% off, Scott alone could be enough to earn my money back eventually, leaving the rest of the set as profit. To be seen.

This set is completely wiped out in the US. I thought it would come back after the holidays but I guessed wrong and now I'm a$$ed out. If you can carry a bunch of them in one those steel suitcases with the handcuff attachments over from Europe, you'll not only look cool and important, you'd make a few bucks.

• Like 3