76039 - Ant-Man Final Battle

TheOrcKing

7 minutes ago, gregpj said:

Decide what? If you're ready to join the masses who can't decide if "investing" is really for them? Or if they're just a QFLL?

I'm sorry but I'm so tired of reading these posts... "If it's not looking good enough, I'll just return them." You should have left them where you found them then.

#TRUTHBOMB

• Like 4

Better start grabbing then.........

I would be very surprised if they're still around. Once this set officially retired they seem to of disappeared. Walmart had a pile but at MRSP. Not sure if full price is worth it short term but likely long term. I'm sitting on 50 of these at MRSP.  Not sure how I feel about paying full price but I have 90 days to decide.

I'd almost be curious to be a fly on the wall for that conversation at customer service.

Can you imagine explaining to the CS at Target or Walmart why you are returning a stack of 50 of the same item?

Hello ban hammer...

• Like 1

I would be very surprised if they're still around. Once this set officially retired they seem to of disappeared. Walmart had a pile but at MRSP. Not sure if full price is worth it short term but likely long term. I'm sitting on 50 of these at MRSP.  Not sure how I feel about paying full price but I have 90 days to decide.

Decide what? If you're ready to join the masses who can't decide if "investing" is really for them? Or if they're just a QFLL?

I'm sorry but I'm so tired of reading these posts... "If it's not looking good enough, I'll just return them." You should have left them where you found them then.

Get off your high horse. I'm so tired of reading self-righteous posts like this. The fact is that we all have to decide on the best way to allocate the limited capital that we have available and it is not always clear on the best way to do that at any given time. It sounds like this poster was presented with an opportunity and wasn't sure if it was the best way to allocate his capital and bought into it so he didn't miss out. So, what exactly is the problem?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, redcell said:

Get off your high horse. I'm so tired of reading self-righteous posts like this. The fact is that we all have to decide on the best way to allocate the limited capital that we have available and it is not always clear on the best way to do that at any given time. It sounds like this poster was presented with an opportunity and wasn't sure if it was the best way to allocate his capital and bought into it so he didn't miss out. So, what exactly is the problem?

There isn't a problem and Greg isn't on a high horse.  

There isn't a problem and Greg isn't on a high horse.  

Seemed like it to me.

Better start grabbing then.........

I'd almost be curious to be a fly on the wall for that conversation at customer service.

Can you imagine explaining to the CS at Target or Walmart why you are returning a stack of 50 of the same item?

Hello ban hammer...

I think you'd be surprised at how little interest CS shows at both Walmart and Target. I'm not sure that I've ever had returns in the hundreds, but I've definitely returned more sets than any end user would ever buy and never had a problem. Had anyone ever been banned from buying in store?

9 minutes ago, redcell said:

I think you'd be surprised at how little interest CS shows at both Walmart and Target. I'm not sure that I've ever had returns in the hundreds, but I've definitely returned more sets than any end user would ever buy and never had a problem. Had anyone ever been banned from buying in store?

I think your points have been well made.

There are a couple of problems here.

The first - and you bring it up - if you've got limited capital the you need to invest smartly. Which doesn't mean diving head first into 50 of a single set. If you're questioning whether you are making the right decision when you are purchasing it, then you are doing this wrong.

Never once in my time have I ever not made a confident decision when I've decided to invest. Does that mean every decision has paid off? Of course not. Does that mean I don't have regret sometimes? Sure. But am I confident in my decisions? Yes.

If OP wasn't sure that this was the best use of his capital, then he shouldn't be making the purchase. Is this really a life lesson we need to be taking about here? Seriously, these are things I talk to my kids about. I'm not trying to be insulting. But seriously, I had this conversation with my 8 year old yesterday about why she wasn't allowed to buy an app this week (because she had already used her app allowance) and if she was bummed about it she should have saved her money.

The second problem is relates to retailer return policies. Retuning a product in these numbers just screams reseller. And it screams to the retailer that they need to tighten policies. Put yourself in their shoes. Would you want to absorb 50 returns in a day? For no reason other than the customer changed their mind?

It makes it harder on all consumers when these companies start cracking down on returns. When you've got a legit return (for anything) and you can't enjoy the flexibility you once had, it's because of return situations like this.

There is no high horse here. Everyone needs to make their own decisions. Just because you see a poster say that they'd buy 100 at RRP today - that means he's in the situation to do so. And he knows his own situation. He knows what he San afford, he knows what risk he is willing to absorb, and he knows how long he is willing to hold. If you aren't in a situation to buy 50, and be willing to accept the risks that come with that capital outlay and holding, then don't buy 50.

• Like 4

I'm not talking about buying but returning. There gets to be a point where they will ban you from returning.

• Like 1

I'm not talking about buying but returning. There gets to be a point where they will ban you from returning.

You and I are aligned.

I believe (especially at this point), the opinions on indecisive buying and the return policies have been made. Despite how we feel, the OP is obeyingthe 90 day return policy. The impact of returning 50 sets is kinda off-topic and could be included w/in another thread.

• Like 1

Got it. I have heard about those blacklists and the companies that generate them. However, I've never seen any indication that either Target or Walmart tracks returns in a way that would facilitate that type of ban. I'm never asked for any personal information when I return to either. TRU on the other hand always asks for drivers license to scan.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Jules_K said:

Is it confirmed their is a new set coming out with Ant-man in it? I know there is a maxi size Ant-man and micro Ant-man coming out but I didn't think there was a set with a regular size Ant-man coming.

76051 Airport Battle has giant-man and micro style ant-man.  I have not seen anything with a standard ant-man announced.  but there is one more Civil War set (76067) rumored, but I have not heard any details.  Other than that ant-man should not be a focus until Ant-Man 2 in 2018.

So the big question is what is 76067? Its the only rumored set that LEGO has not revealed.  Could be held back due to spoilers, but it also falls after the mighty micro sets, and not with any of the other standard sets in the numbering scheme....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...