40153 - Birthday Cake

TheOrcKing

​We could hope that it'll last a while being a generic birthday set, but the seasonal ones of the same type (Valentine's, Easter, etc) sold out fast, only to never return.That said, I'm buying at least a few now.

​I do see your point on the Valentine's and Easter Eggs.  Even though these are 'seasonal', with it being a generic cake, it can/will see at anytime of the year, rather than at Easter or Valentine's day.  If they sell out quickly, you aren't necessarily sitting on them waiting to sell during the appropriate season - and that in itself might be worth buying up a few.  I was looking at getting 10 or so and still get the free Winter Soldier minifig (flip for the cost of two cakes).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Sold Out

I should know the answer to this by now, but do we think this is done done, as it's not "temporarily" out of stock?
I bought a couple just in case as other seasonals disappeared quickly, but I still had some faith it'd last year round being a more general occasion.

• Sold Out

I should know the answer to this by now, but do we think this is done done, as it's not "temporarily" out of stock?
I bought a couple just in case as other seasonals disappeared quickly, but I still had some faith it'd last year round being a more general occasion.

don't think it will be year round but it should come back in stock again.  It's in sequence with the seasonal theme for this year so would expect a few months like the others were.  Next ones up should be the fall halloween in Sept and round out with Thanksgiving/Xmas ones.  That would make 6 for the year again (if they are doing 6 this year).  Last year was Bear, Bunny, Bat, Turkey, Snowman, and Reindeer so maybe they are adding more if they 2 do xmas ones again.  Might only do one though as they are more complex this year with the scenes so then this would be the filler set to get through to fall.

personally i think its dunso with maybe flash "CALL TO CHECK AVAILABILITY" sightings.  

already going for 2x msrp on amazon.

its kind of weird that its seasonal since its "birthday" cake which could be anytime of year.  maybe it will come back.  i wouldn't mind getting another 2 dozen.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...