75082 - TIE Advanced Prototype

BuildTomorrow

Hi all,

Probably a newbie question (I've searched the forums but haven't found an answer) so I hope you don't mind me asking...

The TIE Advanced Prototype is currently $59.99 (Australian dollars) on the Lego Store and can be found in stores such as Kmart for even less on occasion. So I'm wondering, why are many Australian ebay sellers asking for over $100 for the set? How can anyone try to sell a set for so much when it is easily available in stores? Do these sellers actually move the product?

Thanks all!

What purpose does a placeholder serve? I've been on eBay for years with a 1200+ feedback score, but never used them.

Maybe I should?

​Example:  I have 10 sets to list and I want to copy and paste everything so I list them all at once at $500 each and then bulk change them later to individual prices.
Example 2 (some people here use this method): I have a 10211 Grand Emporium that I will sell at $600US so I list it at $600US and expect to relist it every 30 days until it sells.  The item stays in the search and TRS items stay near the top and occasionally the item sells (and the members are usually kind enough to post because they are a little surprised)

• Like 5

I've sold quite a bit on eBay over the years, but haven't carried much of an inventory in the past. Have a "store" hasn't made much financial sense for me, but I'm trending that way and I can see the benefits when I've been allotted a certain number of listings with the storefront. Thanks for the explanation.

• 7 months later...

I'm wondering if anyone else likes this set as much as I do. It's a sweet spot for appreciation, where a quick post-retirement double still doesn't put it over the $100 sticker shock point. It was a barn-burner for me over the holidays, where just acting as a re-distributor for regional shortages made enough so that I'm essentially hedged with a sizable inventory left over, but I feel like pressing my luck and scooping up all the 20% off copies that are floating around at Targets out there.

Small voice in the back of my head makes me wonder if this is the Rebels version of the Dolphin Cruiser.

• Like 1

I came here to speculate about post-EOL for this set, thanks for starting the thread, zac001. I also like this set a lot. This is my first TIE Fighter purchase, so I have nothing to compare it to, but the build is awesome. This ship is made to play with! I've been selling the ship alone for $30 shipped. Inquisitor fetches almost $20 shipped (!) Officer is $9. Pilot $6.

The strength of the ship and the Inquisitor make me comfortable holding some for EOL. I'd be interested to hear opinions about the ship, or if anyone dismisses this set (as I almost did) because it is from Rebels.

I honestly don't know about these Rebels sets - some of them are really cool (this, the Wookie Gunship, AT DP, Ghost + Phantom), have great minifigs and are good value for money (for SW sets). I actually find them among the coolest of the 14-15 sets - I would definitely be getting the Advanced Tie over the First Order TIE. The show itself is also really good and I imagine popular with kids. Plus they were short-lived. Despite that, you can still get all those sets - even the retired ones -  at discount in Europe.

I too, like this set  - it has a lot going on for it. First - the Inquisitor minifig (exclusive to this set). Second - it's just a really cool TIE with a lot of play value and great design. Third - it probably won't be remade. 

The downside is that it's not OT and it also seems to me that the Rebels sets were massively overproduced (judging by the amount still available). On the other hand - they don't seem to be hoarded by resellers. 

Long story short - if I were to put my money into one Rebels set - this would be the one. I was on the fence between this and Ghost/Phantom, but I can see the latter one being remade with a better design and Zeb/Chopper losing its exclusivity.

Honestly just curious what the value of Rebels sets will be in say a year or two.

• Like 1

i think overall Rebels performance will fall somewhere between The Clone Wars and the OT (closer to the OT).  Most fans seem to enjoy this show better than it's predecessor.

i do think this set is on it's way out. the ship will most likely be remade w/ diff inquisitors .  kids have prob forgotten about this inquisitor and moved onto the current two.  the build and design of this tie is way cool though.

1 hour ago, jaisonline said:

the ship will most likely be remade w/ diff inquisitors .  kids have prob forgotten about this inquisitor and moved onto the current two.  the build and design of this tie is way cool though.

you think? It doesn't get much screen time (if any). Probably we will just get more and more TIE variants (like the Vader's one to be realeased).

I don't think this set is going anywhere yet.  It was a hot seller in December while out of stock at most retailers but seems to be a holdover in 2016 from the Rebels line just like the Imperial Assault Carrier and the Imperial Troop Transport Battle Pack.  The rest of the Rebels sets seem to be retired after a short run.

• Like 1

I don't think this set is going anywhere yet.  It was a hot seller in December while out of stock at most retailers but seems to be a holdover in 2016 from the Rebels line just like the Imperial Assault Carrier and the Imperial Troop Transport Battle Pack.  The rest of the Rebels sets seem to be retired after a short run.

Maybe, but I secured some stock, just in case.

20 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

Not sure, just my guess since every Inquister seems to fly one so far (in this season)

Per the preview, there is going to be at least 1 more inquisitor shown before the season ends.  LEGO could create BARC speeder type vehicle for the 2 inquisitors.  Didn't they ride on something similar in 1 of the episode?

1 hour ago, zskid00 said:

well, this is a quite small set with a vehicle, i guess it ll do ok. as for the other ones mentioned, especially the assault carrier, i complete agree with you. these things stick to the shelves like a clone trooper to his helmet. this set was the most available here in stores, while almost any other sw stuff was sold out.

leaving that aside, i personally think that its a quite underwhelming set.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well having recently gone looking for a Darth Malgus mini figure (and pretty much immediately deciding against that idea given the prices) whilst I get that this is 2 years laterI'm going to draw a direct comparrison between this and the sith fury class tie and say the inquisitor minifigure will help this set enormously.

Soon to be 3 ties out (4 if you also add the UCS one) and likely we'll start getting some more OT variations soon so once this is gone I can see it being a while before a remake.  Given the other inquisitors cant get enough of this ship its prevalent enough in the show to garner some recogniseability.

This might be a set where the sum of the parts is greater then the whole and once EOL.  Given its a "generic" enough ship I think there will be demand for the ship alone and given the price point I'll go on record saying it will do better then TFA SF tie.  
The pilot (unlike storm troopers I think you can have enough of these guys) and officer are gimme's but IMO the inquisitor is going to be the maker for this set.

The reviews on this one have been quite favorable too.  The down side is though no one seems to expect much from this set prior to building.