75104 - Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle

mmatthie

4 hours ago, MarxMarvelous said:

None. So what I said still stands. It has never failed ME

And I just looked them up. If you bought 7930 at 50% off or $25 and sold it now on Amazon for $70 plus shipping, how is that not making money?

If you bought 7962 at 50% off or $45 and sold it now on Amazon for $130 plus shipping, how is that not making money?

You have to do better than that, you could have at least tried throwing the SW Planets line at me.

I'll be darned. You should write a blog article on that strategy, complete with the worst case scenario analysis.  How bad could the worse be ?

:drag:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Getting back on topic. Is there a definitive best method for modifying the original set to get the wings to fold out as they do in the film?

I did the one @jaisonline mentioned first but the wings are fixed and there is a gap, but it is free. There are a few options on eurobricks that allow you to move the wings from landing mode to flight mode and back with no gap but it does require a partial rebuild and a BL order for me. I have my mod done for the second time but now I'm working on the all black and Trans red version like @jangsbricks did. 

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=114286&st=25

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

I did the one @jaisonline mentioned first but the wings are fixed and there is a gap, but it is free. There are a few options on eurobricks that allow you to move the wings from landing mode to flight mode and back with no gap but it does require a partial rebuild and a BL order for me. I have my mod done for the second time but now I'm working on the all black and Trans red version like @jangsbricks did. 

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=114286&st=25

Yup. Does require a rebuild of that area plus the landing gears.  We ended up just changing the cockpit's outer front / nose.  Added transparent red and black elements.  At one point, I may do the wings (prob the double technics joint method)). It was a rush build with my son during xmas and he was happy with the original wing design so we left it as it.   

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=114286&st=25#entry2462490

image.jpeg

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I just picked one up for the personal collection (looking to put the trinity of this, Krennics and Shuttle Tydirium out on display).

36S6 seal code so its still kicking.  In all fairness though as a model this one has really grown on my (despite the in universe inaccuracy).  My thoughts are it might perform a bit more like a Sith infiltrator in terms of not much pop in EOL mkt (and probably similar refresh rate).  The figs are good but not ... great I'd say.  40% off was my "I'll get it price" and that's where it hit.

However this did get voted as one of the top 10 xmas toys for last year in the UK.  So the "experts" liked it but that probably more due to the fact it's SW and Lego is super popular.  Mass production yay!

But hell yeah to a UCS version! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GiliusThunderhead said:

I just picked one up for the personal collection (looking to put the trinity of this, Krennics and Shuttle Tydirium out on display).

36S6 seal code so its still kicking.  In all fairness though as a model this one has really grown on my (despite the in universe inaccuracy).  My thoughts are it might perform a bit more like a Sith infiltrator in terms of not much pop in EOL mkt (and probably similar refresh rate).  The figs are good but not ... great I'd say.  40% off was my "I'll get it price" and that's where it hit.

However this did get voted as one of the top 10 xmas toys for last year in the UK.  So the "experts" liked it but that probably more due to the fact it's SW and Lego is super popular.  Mass production yay!

But hell yeah to a UCS version! 

I got burnt by that list before when they put Benny´s ship on it :( 40% off minimum to be safe on this one. We should see new codes up to week 44/45 for these sets based on past events then bye bye.