75919 - Indominus Rex Breakout

Grolim

The flagship of the Jurassic World theme.

75919 - Indominus Rex Breakout  

​ link to Brickpicker set page

Released: 02 May 2015

Retail Price US: $129.99

Pieces: 1156

Minifigures: 4

Price per piece: 11.25c

brickpicker_set_75919-1_1.jpg

Official Description:

Direct the Indominus rex™ back to the impound!

Red alert – the huge Indominus rex™ has broken out of the impound! Zach is inside the gyrosphere launched from the pen wall and now he’s under attack. Direct the hunt for the rampaging beast from the impound’s research tower. Set off in hot pursuit in the helicopter, evading the dinosaur’s snapping jaws and swiping claws. You must get that dangerous dino safely back in the pen before it causes serious damage. Includes 4 minifigures with assorted weapons and accessories: Zach, an ACU trooper, Dr Wu and a vet.

• Includes 4 minifigures with assorted weapons and accessories: Zach, an ACU trooper, Dr Wu and a vet
  • Impound features a tower including research lab with dino-DNA amber element with mosquito decoration, syringe, dino pen with feeding crane and pallet, breakout function and gyrosphere launch function, and accessory elements including 2 chicken legs, plants and coffee cup, and translucent light elements
  • Helicopter features a cockpit for a minifigure, turning main rotor and rear rotor blades
  • Also includes a gyrosphere
  • Weapons include the vet’s shock rod and the ACU trooper’s 2 tranquilizer guns
  • Accessory elements include Dr Wu’s lab bottle and the ACU trooper’s walkie-talkie
  • Feed the Indominus Rex™ with the feeding crane
  • Conduct research in the tower
  • Launch the gyrosphere from the impound wall
  • Activate the dino pen’s breakout function
  • Pursue the marauding dinosaur with the helicopter
  • Create your own thrilling Jurassic World action scenes
  • Impound measures over 8” ( 21cm) high, 12” (33cm) wide and 15” (39cm) deep
  • Helicopter measures over 2” (7cm) high, 5” (13cm) long and 1” (4cm) wide (excluding rotors)
  • Pallet measures over 1” (3cm) high, 1” (4cm) wide and 1” (4cm) deep
  • Indominus rex™ stands over 6” (16cm) tall
  • Gyrosphere measures over 2” (6cm) across

SET REVIEWS

Edited by Grolim

I think this set is pretty cool!

I really like the gate and the minifigs!

Would have like it to be a little bit bigger/higher though... also I'm not a big fan of the indominus rex and would have prefered the T-Rex inside...

If I buy it I will have to do some adjustments... maybe a deep ground or something so that the dinosaur doesn't overtop the fence ^.^

As an investment I don't feel that this series will perform too well... on the otherhand I have not experience with the past dinosaur LEGO sets and since I guess there won't be dinosaurs every year it might be doing better than I anticipate.

Just having these LOGOs on there sends me back into my childhood :-)

• 2 weeks later...

I think this set is pretty cool!

I really like the gate and the minifigs!

Would have like it to be a little bit bigger/higher though... also I'm not a big fan of the indominus rex and would have prefered the T-Rex inside...

If I buy it I will have to do some adjustments... maybe a deep ground or something so that the dinosaur doesn't overtop the fence ^.^

As an investment I don't feel that this series will perform too well... on the otherhand I have not experience with the past dinosaur LEGO sets and since I guess there won't be dinosaurs every year it might be doing better than I anticipate.

​I'm not sure how the sets will do as investments, but the indominus rex will probably be worth at least $50, maybe up to $75, for those who like to part out Lego sets.

This has been one of my favorite set to film.  I really like that the builder can purchase two of these sets and with very limited tweaking (with the pieces already provided) you can snap together a huge impound.  Favorite part of the set:  Gyrosphere.

This has been one of my favorite set to film.  I really like that the builder can purchase two of these sets and with very limited tweaking (with the pieces already provided) you can snap together a huge impound.  Favorite part of the set:  Gyrosphere.

​Always love your videos!

Hoped for a small animation of the Indominus Rex this time ^.^ Somehow I even expected it when you put him close to the minifig *g*

• Like 1

I'm positive the set will do just fine, I was just answering Alpine's question. Indominus Rex was awesome in the movie (especially in IMAX-3D). If you want to get all dino-technical, In real life, Velociraptors, weren't anything like they Jurassic Park/Jurassic World depiction, and they're still iconic.

• Like 1

What were dinosaurs but wingless dragons? (Pteranodons don't count because by definition they were not part of the genetic groups classified under dinosaurs. Odd but that's what the books say.) A beast of nature potentially considered fantasy although the dizzying amount of folk tales across the entire globe told throughout countless generations of history yielding too many similarities could tell us otherwise. Anyway like the fantastical dragon and white whale of classic literature, this Indominus Rex is the 'Moby Dick' of Jurassic Park/World. All other dinosaurs are types we have already seen or read about a billion times over but this one is unique and always will be.

This set seems to be selling very well.  I saw this set in a few stores a few weeks ago, but they have dissappeared, and it's pretty much being wiped out as soon as it appears.  I haven't bought any of this one yet, but I think with how popular it seems to be, it might be worth grabbing a few.  LEGO Shop at Home has had it in stock a few times, and everytime it's back in stock it lasts a day or two before it's wiped out again, then it takes a week or more before it reappears.  Definitely seems like it has the makings of an investment  winner in my book.

This set seems to be selling very well.  I saw this set in a few stores a few weeks ago, but they have dissappeared, and it's pretty much being wiped out as soon as it appears.  I haven't bought any of this one yet, but I think with how popular it seems to be, it might be worth grabbing a few.  LEGO Shop at Home has had it in stock a few times, and everytime it's back in stock it lasts a day or two before it's wiped out again, then it takes a week or more before it reappears.  Definitely seems like it has the makings of an investment  winner in my book.

so because of the demand lego will make a ton of them, not so good.

so because of the demand lego will make a ton of them, not so good.

given that its a licensed set tied to the movie release, that may not be the case.  lego's production is pretty packed with sets, and we know a large number are still coming over the next few months, particularly the Force Awakens sets.  they simply may not have the production capacity to add more.  that being said the demand may also drop off dramatically as the movie hype dies out. 

I see the JP sets to be a bit of a gamble, but I would not expect LR type tanking no matter what happens.

Edited by jay4e

You never know.  Yes, they could definitely flood the market with sets and this will probably be around until Christmas 2016, so it still has a lot of time.  But, on the same token, the Hulkbuster smash is very popular and sells out instantly when it hits the shelves, so some sets have high demand, and the production runs don't seem to meet the demand.  Maybe over time that will change, but you never know.  This movie, as well as the avengers film are very popular so the demand in my opinion for these sets has just begun.

LEGO has no problem keeping movie themed sets around for a long time (see Avengers, Iron Man 3, and Man of Steel).  I expect these sets have potential long-term but I won't be buying any until 2016 unless there appear to be shortages closer to Christmas on certain ones, but I don't see that happening.

I agree that's why I haven't bought the indominous set.  I think it will eventually be found for under 100 next year, but if this is hard to get around Christmas, it might be a good time to sell a few, but it will be tough to make any money since I doubt it goes more than a few bucks over retail.  The trex and raptor 2xvip point this month made me bite on buying at least one copy of each of those sets.  120.00 is 240 in points for those sets this month.  That's a whopping 12 bucks in points, which isn't too great, but at least some form of discount. Granted they more than likely will be found cheaper in the future at retail outlets.  Sadly, that's all i've found worth buying this month.  Discounts have been few and far between, unless you want chima's and ninjago sets.  Ohh well, we are almost heading into quarter number 3 hopefully things get better.

• 1 month later...