10697 - XXXL Large Creative Box

24 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I'd say it's pretty comparable, but people are strange.

That giant "Only at Toys R US" label on the box is interesting. The thing is, if you bought 10697 for the lowest price all this does it create a price ceiling... Lots of people don't do the TRUTH magic to get a discount. It won't outright kill it but it should reduce overall demand.

(and we all know what excessive supply means... )

• Like 1

interested to hear your thoughts on this @exciter1 and anyone else for that matter. 

First time buying these creative boxes so my "expertise" is limited. I don't think it will completely destroy the value of 10697 but it's obviously going to take some market share. Outside looking in the TRU one is cheaper AND has more pieces so to the average parent the TRU one will have a better Perceived value.

Also it's not a normal set. Case/point I was only missing 2 Marvel sets to have all of them (which I bought today on eBay) I knew the set numbers I needed and typed it in and boom there are the auctions. I find one I want I buy it. End of story.

With these I feel it's a harder sale. What does the average person type in to find these? "Box of random Lego pieces" what comes up 5,000 pages? I like these. I think they are cool. I have like 12 and I'm glad I didn't buy any more than that. They take up a lot of space and I honestly think 25-30% profit after shipping is going to be fair. I don't plan on holding these long for multiple reasons...finding the best place to sells these may be Offer up/Letgo/CL etc.

Anyone looking for good variety in parts will still be after the 10697s. It has a larger range of colours, some more unique smaller parts, and most importantly, assorted wheels. 10654 is mostly basic bricks (2x2s, 2x4s), few plates, and no wheels. I think that will help hold 10697 above water well enough. Makes the market a little bit more niche than before, but probably still a demand for them over the new TRU boxes. Kids like making vehicles, pretty sure. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...