Q:Are there Monorails In The Future?

IMDeus

I am still fairly new to LEGO. Two years now. I don't know much about the history. Is it likely that LEGO will release new monorail sets? With new or old track, doesn't matter. I know they restructured years ago and got a better focus but I am not sure if that involved dissolving certain implementations .

My guess is they would not invest the money at this point, unless their is a monorail in the new starwars films or something similar (lego movie?).  Non license themes are just not popular enough to invest in a new monorail engine.  If they do a new licensed monorail, then they could expand to a city or ultra agents set.

I guess its possible they could use the monorail system for the rumored roller coaster?  that would likely be high enough price point, and demeand.

Edited by jay4e

If LEGO decided to bring back the monorail idea, they would surely start from scratch to release an entirely new system in the same manner as their current Trains layout of rails and engines. I imagine (in their eyes) it too would have to feature the same sort of universal flexibility and openness to customization. Majority of the Trains sets have been based on current or modern models therefore one of these days we could potentially see a monorail in the distant future when such becomes a norm in real life.

Well, sir, there's nothing on earth
Like a genuine, bona fide
Electrified, six-car monorail
What'd I say?

Monorail
What's it called?
Monorail
That's right! Monorail

Monorail
Monorail
Monorail

If TLG ever releases a new monorail, it should be the Simpsons monorail.

​But Main Street's all cracked and broken...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Guest ph4tb0i

We don't know when it's going to come out, but you know Jamie Berard will probably come out with the next monorail with a tear in his eye saying "this was my job before Lego gave me my dream.." and we will all be moved to tears. :)