Battle Packs

Sprocket77

I've been picking up a lot of battle packs at MSRP recently as I've been getting free Stormtrooper Sergeants with each purchase. Selling the Stormtrooper Sergeants has meant that I'm in profit and still have the battle packs, but I was wondering had anyone any ideas on how to maximise the return on the battle packs.

Should I just sell them off individually, probably being lucky to get MSRP without holding onto them for ages, or would I be better breaking out the packs and selling batch loads of troopers.

I think a lot depends on the actual battle packs, and how many we are talking.  If you have already made back the investment on the trooper then you can sell at discount and take the profits, but that will not net you much of a return. selling i lots of 2-3 is a good option to grab army builders.

the 2014 packs will likely be gone around the end of the year, so you could hold those until then, will likely sell well around christmas and early 2016.

a final option would be to find sets to group them with.  I have a stash of DS troopers that I may hold some and sell with 75093, but that grouping is likely real long term, unless there is some qf opportunity around christmas.

I think a lot depends on the actual battle packs, and how many we are talking.  If you have already made back the investment on the trooper then you can sell at discount and take the profits, but that will not net you much of a return. selling i lots of 2-3 is a good option to grab army builders.

the 2014 packs will likely be gone around the end of the year, so you could hold those until then, will likely sell well around christmas and early 2016.

a final option would be to find sets to group them with.  I have a stash of DS troopers that I may hold some and sell with 75093, but that grouping is likely real long term, unless there is some qf opportunity around christmas.

Only about a dozen so far, but still picking them up, about half of them are 2013 sets which are already EOL'd. Some Clone Troopers vs Droidekas and Republic Troopers vs Sith Troopers sets. The rest are a mixture of 2014/2015 sets.