Can you See what Previously sold on Amazon?

anolian

Hi,

I am considering selling on Amazon. I have been on eBay for about a year now and i am doing well. With eBay they have a previous sold search function which is great does amazon have anything like that. Or do they have any thing that will tell me that that item is selling for this price.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

But if you look at the price graph for marketplace on camelcamelcamel, you can have an idea what was cheapest price sold last. This ranking also give you an idea how often they are sold.

I'm not sure how CCC records the Amazon pricing data or constructs their charts, but I take them with somewhat of a grain of salt when it comes to third-party sales.  I have seen plenty of instances where I know prices either went higher than CCC lists or never reached what is reflected on the CCC chart.  They're pretty accurate, but not 100% so. 

That is the main reason I prefer ebay to Amazon.  I love the fact you can see what previous sold and amount of clicks you get.  I find with Amazon you post it at a price you think is OK it might be to high or to low and you hope it sells.  In my opinion the higher fees is well worth it since you can price an item on eBay to be a lot accurately then you could ever do on Amazon. 

You need to get a feel for the sales rankings.  It can give you a piece of the puzzle.  The main reason to be on Amazon is for volume selling and sales rankings will help with buying decisions.  A crude way to guess how many sales a seller makes is by feedback.  Amazon seller feedback runs at about a 5% clip.  Multiply the 30 day or yearly total by 20 and that will give you a good estimate of sellers volume.  

I'm not sure how CCC records the Amazon pricing data or constructs their charts, but I take them with somewhat of a grain of salt when it comes to third-party sales.  I have seen plenty of instances where I know prices either went higher than CCC lists or never reached what is reflected on the CCC chart.  They're pretty accurate, but not 100% so. 

I looked at CCC data for a retired set I was selling and you could actually work out the price and exact date the item was selling just by looking at the price and sale rank graphs. This worked well and could check accuracy because it was a slow seller and I was only one who was selling the set (sold 5 over few months)!