75106 - Imperial Assault Carrier

ufema

Awesome! Loved the "weapons presentation" at the 8:00 mark... had to rewind and watch that twice... worth every minute!

Awesome! Loved the "weapons presentation" at the 8:00 mark... had to rewind and watch that twice... worth every minute!

​Thank you.  The only bummer is that I gave Sabine's guns to the TIE pilots instead.  Oops.

​Thank you.  The only bummer is that I gave Sabine's guns to the TIE pilots instead.  Oops.

​Hehe. I saw how someone on YouTube called you out on that. I just watched this for the third time last night with my boys. Wanted to show my 8 yr old an excellent stop motion video!

Speaking of. For all you BPers that aren't subscribed to All New Bricks videos you are really missing out. They are great! Get on it!

ufema I love the "draw" action that you do with weapons now.

Edited by pstebbing
  • Like 4

That video is incredible!  Thanks for posting this.  I agree with the comment about weapons and character presentation -- very cool the way the characters are built, heads turned to show the other side, and then they pull their weapons (kind of Eastwood style). 

How long did it take to film the character sequence and entire video?

• Like 1

That video is incredible!  Thanks for posting this.  I agree with the comment about weapons and character presentation -- very cool the way the characters are built, heads turned to show the other side, and then they pull their weapons (kind of Eastwood style). 

How long did it take to film the character sequence and entire video?

​It took a couple of 10 hours days to shoot and a full day of editing.  I'm happy that you liked it.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I'm building this set and had a question about a small bag of parts.  6004908 is the part number on Brickset and it's called Figure Accessories there.  Is this only there for the antenna for Sabine's helmet?  I couldn't find anywhere else for the other parts to go.

35 minutes ago, WTL said:

I'm building this set and had a question about a small bag of parts.  6004908 is the part number on Brickset and it's called Figure Accessories there.  Is this only there for the antenna for Sabine's helmet?  I couldn't find anywhere else for the other parts to go.

Yeah all the visors and antennae are spares.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Well.  This set doesn't seem to get too much love so I'm firing up the discussion again.  Lack luster ship, nothing special to look at and the figs dont really do it for me.  Other then that one episode of rebels i cant think of another where this played any kind of role really.

For a set to do well in the aftermarket i feel it has to get some face time so people can form an emotional bond with it.  I don't really know what more they could have done with the figs here but to me there's no one "driving" this one... not even Sabine. Everything's telling me that this one should be a dud and stay well clear but i have a nagging feeling that this is going to be yet another set i let get away (similar to the ghost and phantom that i passed on multiple times at the end of the year and now really want on my shelves). 

The fact its so utilitarian makes me think its a perfect display set to pair with the FO transporter.  Just it isn't a SD or gun ship and for the price I think I'd rather invest in Kylo shuttle although I doubt we'll ever see this one again.

1 hour ago, GiliusThunderhead said:

Well.  This set doesn't seem to get too much love so I'm firing up the discussion again.  Lack luster ship, nothing special to look at and the figs dont really do it for me.  Other then that one episode of rebels i cant think of another where this played any kind of role really.

For a set to do well in the aftermarket i feel it has to get some face time so people can form an emotional bond with it.  I don't really know what more they could have done with the figs here but to me there's no one "driving" this one... not even Sabine. Everything's telling me that this one should be a dud and stay well clear but i have a nagging feeling that this is going to be yet another set i let get away (similar to the ghost and phantom that i passed on multiple times at the end of the year and now really want on my shelves). 

The fact its so utilitarian makes me think its a perfect display set to pair with the FO transporter.  Just it isn't a SD or gun ship and for the price I think I'd rather invest in Kylo shuttle although I doubt we'll ever see this one again.

this set is a tad boring to me as well, but for some reason, the moment I pick it up by the handle and look at those cute little tie fighters, it all becomes worth it:)  to steal from jim gaffigan, tie fighters are the bacon bits of lego, they make everything better.

8 hours ago, GiliusThunderhead said:

I think you just answered your own question.  The Ghost and the Phantom are, basically, in every episode of the show.  The IAC has barely been seen.  I wouldn't compare this with those two.

19 minutes ago, rpaulson7 said:

On clearance at my local Walmart for $64.  I passed on them.

I've seen this at several WM for $99 (rrp is $129), but never at $64. That would be more than 50% off. I'd buy all of these at over 50% off. Do you possibly have this set confused with the First Order Transporter which has been found at $64, and most recently $45 (rrp is $89)?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, rpaulson7 said:

I carried it to the scanner and it came up $64.

I thought the same thing on 50% off, but not a fan of the figs or vehicle so I passed. 

22 minutes ago, msdontplay01 said:

Same here with the Imperial Assault Carriers. Just picked up 3 for $64 each at Walmart. At 50% off, I'll give them a shot. Will hold till Christmas and see what happens

Ok that's good news then. I'll keep my fingers crossed for an additional markdown soon. Thanks for the heads up.