75106 - Imperial Assault Carrier

ufema

Maybe I should use my $16 in Savings Catcher to get two at $58 each then.   If they are still there on my way to work tomorrow I will snag them. $58 for 1300 Lego isn't a bad deal. 

Like Terry said, you should definitely buy a few. Most people on here would not have thought twice about picking this set up at $64 a pop. This is Star Wars for just over 50% off. I've already scored 5 today and will continue to buy every one I come across for $64

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

I do quite like this set but just don't see the huge discounts over here. I'd be happy if i could pick them up at 40% off. 

I´ve seen it discounted to 40% or so a number of times and it was one of the few sets that did not sell out at xmas. In this respect it mimic the Tie Fighter. I reckon these are signs of it being an investment turd but we have been surprised before. At 75% off, that´s certainly a lot of polish on the turd!

34 minutes ago, Val-E said:

I´ve seen it discounted to 40% or so a number of times and it was one of the few sets that did not sell out at xmas. In this respect it mimic the Tie Fighter. I reckon these are signs of it being an investment turd but we have been surprised before. At 75% off, that´s certainly a lot of polish on the turd!

I agree with you on this set, I've no plans to pick it up, unless I see silly discounts.

The problem with dismissing this set as an investment turd is that you just need to look at other Rebels sets, like The Ghost and The Phantom, hideous looking sets, but doing well since EOL. Why do we dismiss these sets, because we're not the target market, to me I see an X-Wing, Falcon or Shuttle Tyderium and go now that's a ship, but how much of that is historical childhood bias. Probably a bit, but also they just designed better ships for the OT.

Out of all the Rebels sets so far, the only one I really like is Vader's Advanced Tie vs A-Wing and surprise, surprise they're OT ships.

• Like 3

This is indeed the issue.  I refuse to pick up mf's and x wings because they will be hoarded to hell and always at risk of remake with all the new films. I think I'm going to regret picking up IST's too given how long they've been available at discount and how popular they are on here.

I've never watched rebels.  I'm a film only star wars fan but rebels must be popular with some people as Lego keep producing more and more ships from the series. 

Having built it, as an adult fan the ship build is slightly annoying.  Getting a minifig in the cockpit is hard work, the interior is fiddly and so is the removable roof. However as a playset you get good minifigs, 4 mini tie fighters with a neat release mechanism and lots of projectiles so i can see the appeal for kids.

After all if you've got the ghost and phantom you need some enemies to fight with. 

I don't think it'll fetch amazing money post retirement but at a decent discount i think there's still some money in this set. 

Edited by Fenix_2k1

1 hour ago, BuckeyeFanDan said:

I found one today at Walmart for $30, so I couldn't pass that up.  I've never seen any set discounted by that large a percentage.

Then you didn't read this forum much - only 2 weeks ago some lucky souls got 21118 The Mine (RRP $119.99) for $1.80 at the B&N clearance .... Only Spaceports for $1 beat that, and that was only in a special deal with a Store Manager.

So, I sell a few sets here and there to help pay for my Lego habit, not for long-term investment. I have placed a $64 IAC on my local CL at $100.  UFEMA would it be OK for me to put a link (credited, of course) on my ad to show the cool features of this set?

Thanks,

Lane

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 6:48 PM, TigerEyez said:

So, I sell a few sets here and there to help pay for my Lego habit, not for long-term investment. I have placed a $64 IAC on my local CL at $100.  UFEMA would it be OK for me to put a link (credited, of course) on my ad to show the cool features of this set?

Thanks,

Lane

Do you mean linking LEGO Shop at Home or Amazon where it would also have the added benefit of showing what retail price is?

On May 27, 2016 at 3:28 PM, MarleyMoose said:

I wouldn't link a thread that lets people know that these can be bought for $30-64.

I would venture to say most Wal-Marts would be cleared of their stock of these pretty soon. I live in and around the greater Philadelphia region and can confirm there are virtually no clearance items left (on Lego) in a  fifty mile radius. I was able to only get three of these and four IST on clearance. Everything else was sold out, but I did find two T-Rex Trackers for $35 each! 

Keep in mind that thanks to mass media coverage a lot of people already know about Brickpicker. Even placing threads to be viewed in 'member only' forums does little when membership is as free as having an email address. Just my humble opinion...

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am pleasantly surprised that this one is sold out from everywhere other than TRU (where it is priced at $129.95).  Hopefully no more come in stock and this set surprises me.  I ended up with way more than I planned to bc I kept finding them on Clearance at Walmart in Feb, and I kind of thought this one would sit on shelves until the summer.

• 3 weeks later...

Very low sporadic stock at TRU UK for £66.67. At that price it's an excellent buy for a retired Star Wars set.

I really like the set. Of course you can keep picking up the tenth reinvention of the X Wing if you want, but something about this and the little Tie Fighters is rather cute. Nobody liked The Ghost until it retired.

Edited by red panda
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, red panda said:

Very low sporadic stock at TRU UK for £66.67. At that price it's an excellent buy for a retired Star Wars set.

I really like the set. Of course you can keep picking up the tenth reinvention of the X Wing if you want, but something about this and the little Tie Fighters is rather cute. Nobody liked The Ghost until it retired.

I have a couple of these which i picked up for £60, I think they will do quite well.

maybe. i agree with the rationale that people generally don't miss something until it's retired and not available at retail.  my investment expectations are low and only own one for the kiddies.

i think the ghost ship (despite it's small scale and awkward design - great 1st design attempt by lego though) did well because it's featured in pretty much every rebels episode. 

the 75106 is another pretty cool star wars ship that shouldn't be refreshed anytime soon.   i just it was shown more in rebels or made it into the rogue one film.  it's still one of the 2 sets with agent kallus / fulcrum but the main selling point is still prob being exclusive for sabine's helmet...for now.  

4 hours ago, red panda said:

4 hours ago, blocp13 said:

I have a couple of these which i picked up for £60, I think they will do quite well.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Brian Briggs said:

Well, 76€ for 76106 Imperial Assault Carrier isn't bad compared to its RRP of 130€. Looking at completed ebay sales I'd say one won't lose money at that buy-in. So I took my chances and purchased my first (and probably only) copy of the set.

I wouldn't buy this at anything over €50, it's an unattractive blocky looking set with no amazing selling point. 

• Like 1