"Out of Stock" Dates for Star Wars sets on Lego.com

fossilrock

75059 Sandcrawler back to in stock.  Was only OOS for 3 days.  Seems to be the first sign that it could be starting to dance, though.  It would be next up to go IMO.

The second time the Sandcrawler has gone out of stock during the last two months.  This means it is getting smaller and smaller restocks.  HENCE, it's on the dance floor...

75059 Sandcrawler™

• Price $299.99
  • Out of stock, expected ship date Sep 21 2015

At-at has been knocked out of stock.  2nd time this has happened since i've been keeping tabs.  It's evident to me that with the release of the FA sets that there has been a heightened interest in Star Wars.  I'm sure it's creating new AFOL's that are now trying to grab older sets they now know exists. 

AT-AT™

The second time the Sandcrawler has gone out of stock during the last two months.  This means it is getting smaller and smaller restocks.  HENCE, it's on the dance floor...

75059 Sandcrawler

• Price $299.99

At this point, I highly doubt you will see any major STAR WARS sets retire in the next several months. How sets are restocked in Europe really has very little to do with the U.S. inventory. STAR WARS sets will be in short supply, no doubt, but most is just temporary.

At this point, I highly doubt you will see any major STAR WARS sets retire in the next several months. How sets are restocked in Europe really has very little to do with the U.S. inventory. STAR WARS sets will be in short supply, no doubt, but most is just temporary.

I tend to agree..  I think we will see the red 5 back on occasion and maybe even an appearance of the death star around Black Friday.  I'd suspect they won't retire any of the sets until march of next year after the movie mania has died down.  There has definitely been a considerable uptick in interest in lego star wars i've noticed, though.  I mentioned in another thread that I did a pretty big run today, and hit 4 targets, 3 walmarts, 2 marts, and 1 TRU.. Overall, a lot of the 2014 sets were getting quite thin, I noticed.  A month ago that wasn't the case.  I didn't see a single AT-AT in all but one of the stores.  The ISD is also thinning out, along with the cantina.  Of course, you can easily get those online.  So it's not like they are scarce, but with how quickly lego.com keeps getting sacked, id suspect things have just started too.  By black friday, it will be interesting to see where they are.  Sets like Slave 1, Sandcrawler, ISD, At-At, MF, etc could be hard to find for putting under the tree.

Bunch of stuff is back in stock this morning, that got knocked out recently.

Sandcrawler™

75059 Sandcrawler™

• Price $299.99
  • Available Now
Red Five X-wing Starfighter™

10240 Red Five X-wing Starfighter™

• Price $199.99
  • Available Now
Slave I

75060 Slave I

• Price $199.99
  • Available Now
AT-AT™

75054 AT-AT™

• Price $109.99
  • Available Now
General Grievous' Wheel Bike™

75040 General Grievous' Wheel Bike™

• Price $24.99
  • Available Now
Edited by fossilrock

As i've stated before, and took heat from mods and trolls for saying it. 

You get heat for making comments like this as do other members. Everybody's a critic until it's time for them to be criticized then they're the victim.

It's time for all those who've been "modded" to stop whining about it and either contribute willingly and properly or to not contribute at all.

You get heat for making comments like this as do other members. Everybody's a critic until it's time for them to be criticized then they're the victim.

It's time for all those who've been "modded" to stop whining about it and either contribute willingly and properly or to not contribute at all.

This thread only began, because you challenged me to do it in another thread when I mentioned another set doing a dance..  And you mentioned no one ever pays attentions to the patterns, and that there is no logic in these patterns.  I beg to differ.  So I started this thread to showcase the patterns and the dance.  So thank you!

Edited by fossilrock

This thread only began, because you challenged me to do it in another thread when I mentioned another set doing a dance..  And you mentioned no one ever pays attentions to the patterns, and that there is no such thing.  So I did this thread to start to showcase the patterns and the dance.  So thank you!

Truthfully, I have no problem with the thread if you want to put in the work. I'm not interested in it.

But my comment is more that every two weeks (or often less) somebody is moaning and griping about being modded. I'm tired of it and so are a lot of other members. You contribute, great... so do a lot of other members. I just wish people would do it without needing to be be praised or sticking little jabs at the mods into unrelated posts. WE are expected to let things go but members never do. And just to be 100% clear that is less directed at you.. you had let it go until this post. ;)

BTW I still think you're wrong about the Sand Crawler... I don't think it's done quite yet. :rock:

• Like 1

Truthfully, I have no problem with the thread if you want to put in the work. I'm not interested in it.

But my comment is more that every two weeks (or often less) somebody is moaning and griping about being modded. I'm tired of it and so are a lot of other members. You contribute, great... so do a lot of other members. I just wish people would do it without needing to be be praised or sticking little jabs at the mods into unrelated posts. WE are expected to let things go but members never do. And just to be 100% clear that is less directed at you.. you had let it go until this post. ;)

BTW I still think you're wrong about the Sand Crawler... I don't think it's done quite yet. :rock:

I don't think it's done either.  It's going to be obtainable for a while.  It's just that it's going to be increasingly backordered and only available at lego.com in spurts.  Hence, the dance.  

• Like 1

I appreciate the diligence and am at least interested in the stock patterns of those sets closer to EOL (which of course we can't identify for sure until after the fact). Thank you. One day, I hope we can compare seal codes and stock patterns of a few of these sets after they are gone and see if there is useful information there.

Speaking for myself, but I suspect it may be true for others, it always sounds a bit "off" when a set that is not expected to have much chance of retiring anytime soon is labelled as doing "the dance"... because that phrase or term has been associated with behavior leading up to EOL / Sold Out status in the past. I think, as is probably the case with Slave I, Sandcrawler, etc. that Lego just isn't keeping up with demand this year the way they have before. So it is easy to dismiss comments that some of these sets are "doing the dance". Furthermore, we have situations like DS this summer, EV and others going on "hiatus", and other random chaos. Amidst all of it, I don't believe there is much chance of predicting final availability based on stock updates AT THIS TIME. But, if no one keeps track, we will never know later on if there are good clues to be had in this data.

As for Sandcrawler, I sure don't think it is anywhere near done, but it would be fun if it pulled a Town Hall and was ditched in less than 2 years as the poorest seller of its kind, especially being so expensive.

• Like 1