KMart - Bleak outlook and poor earnings are weighing down this sinking ship

2 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Their entire strategy seems to be:

Get loan for $0.5B from investors. Sell known brand you own for $1B+. Pay back investors to keep them happy, use remaining cash to live another quarter. Rinse and Repeat.

Sad, but true, many Corporations apply this strategy.  Only ones making out are the Corporate officers.  
Creative accounting to hit target numbers, get bonus and fleece the investors.  

And we keep talking about how unscrupulous other countries are.  

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Their entire strategy seems to be:

Get loan for $0.5B from investors. Sell known brand you own for $1B+. Pay back investors to keep them happy, use remaining cash to live another quarter. Rinse and Repeat.

23 minutes ago, Miami Bomb Squad said:

Sad, but true, many Corporations apply this strategy.  Only ones making out are the Corporate officers.  
Creative accounting to hit target numbers, get bonus and fleece the investors.  

And we keep talking about how unscrupulous other countries are.  

This was a good read
http://www.businessinsider.com/sears-failing-stores-closing-edward-lampert-bankruptcy-chances-2017-1

Edited by lazuli16
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, lazuli16 said:

Good article, didn't know he lives in South.Fla.
I'll bet a SSD that he doesnt even shop at Sears/Kmart, Hope I run into him during one of my Walmart Clearance Runs so I can Key his Bentley.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, Migration said:

That video must have been produced about a month before he died.

Yep, he never performed it live and the video is all previous footage.  Great song, I never understood Queen's writing process, since their songs always have so many layers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Show_Must_Go_On_(Queen_song)#Promotional_video

Yep, he never performed it live and the video is all previous footage.  Great song, I never understood Queen's writing process, since their songs always have so many layers.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Show_Must_Go_On_(Queen_song)#Promotional_video

I was just mentioning yesterday that I'm on a Queen kick. I love that song (and the final album). I was just listening to it yesterday.

As for their writing process - you should read about the writing of Under Pressure.
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jay4e said:

seems that kmart has pulled its measly 1% back on ******. a sign of cut backs to com? they are really pushing hard to make syw an fount viable before the cash drys up.

Sears is still there (1.5%). According to the insider forums this happens occasionally when Kmart is late on a payment, according to them it's usually back within a few days.

To their credit the SYW app and website has REALLY improved lately, and I'm finding myself using it more. Fount on the other hand is a piece of garbage (why can't they just put all of that on the SYW app?)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Went to pickup the tires I ordered a few weeks back. Heard the clerk at the auto center chat with the customer ahead of me, offering him 45% off a battery. Turned out the tire center was closing this month (no signs) and they had 1 mechanic left on staff so getting anything done was planning weeks out. Got to chat a bit with him (I was interested to see if the main Sears this auto center belongs to was also shutting down, but luckily it isn't (yet)). He told me that he was interviewing with other auto centers, so I asked him if he could just move over to the retail store. He said: "Yes, but I would have to re-apply for a job and would start over again, losing all my many years of Sears service". Talking about sticking it to your employees ....

• Like 1