SDCC2015-3 - San Diego Comic-Con 2015 Action Comics #1 Superman

Alpinemaps

The 3rd San Diego Comic Con 2015 LEGO exclusive set has been revealed! It will be a LEGO Superman set based on the front cover of Joe Shuster’s Action Comics #1 Superman that was released back in June, 1938! The set is labeled for ages 8-14 and contains 145 pieces. Price is $39.99. You will need to first enter into a draw. If you got drawn, you would then be able to purchase the set.

LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes SDCC 2015 Exclusive

Action_Comics_1.jpg

How to get the set at SDCC 2015

LEGO SDCC Retail Exclusives: Winning ticket required for purchase

You must first enter the drawing by picking up a ticket (see below) and then attendees go to the LEGO booth to redeem their ticket if they have a winning ticket and purchase the set at the LEGO booth. The LEGO booth will be located in Hall D, booth #2829.

Ticket Drawing Location: Pavilion Terrace (Upper level outside Sails Pavilion).

Attendees must first enter the main Convention Center entrance from the line at the front of the main building. Entry to the LEGO retail drawing at the Sails Pavilion will be from this line. Depending on the crowds, this line may start moving as early as 7:00am until supplies last.

Location includes multiple stairs. ADA attendees with mobility issues should go to the lobby B doors and use the glass elevators for access to the Sails Pavilion. They will be let up to the Sails Pavilion at the same time as the rest of the attendees.

•Attendee badges onlyOne drawing per person, per day
•Handicapped participants are encouraged to utilize official SDCC placeholder
•Random drawing is for a chance to get a ticket to purchase at the LEGO Booth
•Sets will not be distributed at the Pavilion Terrace
Must redeem ticket that day

• Like 5

I hope Alpine is already putting together the Bricklink parts list for this?

Well...

Pretty awesome.. is the superman minifig new?

Nope.

You won't be building the car in green...

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=98281

Yeah...boo!

But, I doubt Lego is only creating a run of 2000 of this part in green.  Just like the 2x2 Trans-Green plate that seems to be non-existent accept for the forthcoming Dagobah SW micro build, I have to think we're going to see both of those bricks somewhere else soon.  Time to start sleuthing on where else those might show up.  (It won't be in the Scooby Doo sets, I know that much).

p>But, I doubt Lego is only creating a run of 2000 of this part in green.  Just like the 2x2 Trans-Green plate that seems to be non-existent accept for the forthcoming Dagobah SW micro build, I have to think we're going to see both of those bricks somewhere else soon.  Time to start sleuthing on where else those might show up.  (It won't be in the Scooby Doo sets, I know that much).

There was a "Q" element in the Tatooine set as well. I think Lego is doing this on purpose now. Maybe because of people like me making reproductions.

There was a "Q" element in the Tatooine set as well. I think Lego is doing this on purpose now. Maybe because of people like me making reproductions.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least that LEGO is doing it on purpose to stop people from reproducing them and selling them... They may not blatantly stop resellers but they clearly have a few strategies to deal with them.

Well...

Nope.

Yeah...boo!

But, I doubt Lego is only creating a run of 2000 of this part in green.  Just like the 2x2 Trans-Green plate that seems to be non-existent accept for the forthcoming Dagobah SW micro build, I have to think we're going to see both of those bricks somewhere else soon.  Time to start sleuthing on where else those might show up.  (It won't be in the Scooby Doo sets, I know that much).

this is actually a perfect way to make them exclusive with minimal cost.  creating new parts is expensive, changing colors is not.    it should be just enough to make the set unique will still allowing MOCers to make their own recreations.

Waddamon - If you are going to SDCC and have not been before to get the LEGO exclusives then you must prepare yourself.  There are many die-hard LEGO fans and scalpers going after these same exclusives and the per day allotment is usually small (like 75-100 of each exclusive).  It may seem like a decent amount but with over 100k people at Comic-Con each day you will have lots of competition.  They are doing a raffle this year for the chance to buy the exclusives instead of having people rush their booth first thing in the morning which is an improvement.  However be prepared to spend the first part of your day going through a long raffle line and may the odds ever be in your favor.

Edited by zskid00
  • Like 1