SDCC2015-3 - San Diego Comic-Con 2015 Action Comics #1 Superman

Alpinemaps

Been watching how this set has been doing today.

Before Noon, when the first few hit eBay, this commanded up to $250 a piece.  By Noon, though, the market started failing off, and it went from $250 to $215, within less than 10 minutes.  It's definitely at or below $200 now.

Today was the only day it was out there.  It will be interesting to see if it drops further.  I suspect it might, but don't really know.

I just bought one at $200 with free shipping.  I don't see it falling much lower than that.  I waited on Batman from last year and it cost me.  These little box sets are wonderful collectibles.  I have them all, so now I am forced to buy them.  

For people like myself who buy them second hand, they are LONG TERM investments.  I am hoping that one day they will become truly valuable, but we are talking years here...as in more than five IMO.  

Edited by Ed Mack
  • Like 1

my OCD doesn't allow me to substitute... :(

I hear ya. I'm having the same problem with the Ultron set figures as well (there's a piece that's only available in one set and i need three and there is only one per set) I'm convinced that some of these rare pieces are poised to show up elsewhere in these colors soon. Others may disagree but I don't see Lego doing that roof piece in green for only 1500 pieces. It may not be for anything this year, but I think that roof piece is coming soon.
  • Like 1

I hear ya. I'm having the same problem with the Ultron set figures as well (there's a piece that's only available in one set and i need three and there is only one per set) I'm convinced that some of these rare pieces are poised to show up elsewhere in these colors soon. Others may disagree but I don't see Lego doing that roof piece in green for only 1500 pieces. It may not be for anything this year, but I think that roof piece is coming soon.

as messed up as it may sound to some, I'm more comfortable waiting a year...

• 1 month later...
Can anyone tell me how to upload to BL wanted list? Just copy and past the items in the list into BL's 'upload' section?

In Brickstock, you should see a down arrow next to the right of the two disk icons in the toolbar. One of the options will be "upload to wanted list". Make sure you have selected all rows, then click that option. It will open a Bricklink window with a blank text box. Right click and paste there. Then click the upload button.

If you are using multiple wanted lists you will need to enter the list number in the message box when prompted. Otherwise you can leave that message box blank.

• 4 weeks later...

In Brickstock, you should see a down arrow next to the right of the two disk icons in the toolbar. One of the options will be "upload to wanted list". Make sure you have selected all rows, then click that option. It will open a Bricklink window with a blank text box. Right click and paste there. Then click the upload button.

If you are using multiple wanted lists you will need to enter the list number in the message box when prompted. Otherwise you can leave that message box blank.

Thank you so much!! Now I don't have to add one by one anymore. Have been doing that for quite a few sets LOL

• 2 months later...

So I just tried to buy the individual pieces at a Bricklink store. No one store had everything I needed. The total for the pieces was $55, yet there is a guy selling replicas on Ebay for the same price. What am I missing? How is that guy making money? How can I get the pieces I need for cheaper?

5 hours ago, Copterman said:

So I just tried to buy the individual pieces at a Bricklink store. No one store had everything I needed. The total for the pieces was $55, yet there is a guy selling replicas on Ebay for the same price. What am I missing? How is that guy making money? How can I get the pieces I need for cheaper?

I'm not sure how they are making anything, unless they had easy access to lots of the parts.  Thanks for the tip though, I might buy one off this guy.  I haven't thought about looking for several months.  Too many other projects going on.

44 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I'm not sure how they are making anything, unless they had easy access to lots of the parts.  Thanks for the tip though, I might buy one off this guy.  I haven't thought about looking for several months.  Too many other projects going on.

Be aware, most likely, "the guy" is selling an altered version.  The green car roof (Green Wedge 6 x 4 x 2/3 Quad Curved) has never been made available in another set.  I'm "the guy" that sells exact replicas, but I only do that if I can get the parts.  And since that piece isn't available, we haven't produced any of these.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DadsAFOL said:

Be aware, most likely, "the guy" is selling an altered version.  The green car roof (Green Wedge 6 x 4 x 2/3 Quad Curved) has never been made available in another set.  I'm "the guy" that sells exact replicas, but I only do that if I can get the parts.  And since that piece isn't available, we haven't produced any of these.

He advertises it with a yellow roof.  I'm ok with that, for now.

25 minutes ago, DadsAFOL said:

He advertises it with a yellow roof.  I'm ok with that, for now.

I'd love to be "the guy" too, but Dads is right about that roof.

I'm BL'ing it right now but going with a place roof instead of yellow.

• Like 1

Yeah I knew about the roof. I can also live with the yellow roof for now. Is there a way to approximate the roof using several smaller pieces rather than the one big one and maintain the car's green color? Hoping you guys  might could think of a workaround to avoid the yellow roof.

Edited by Copterman
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Copterman said:

Yeah I knew about the roof. I can also live with the yellow roof for now. Is there a way to approximate the roof using several smaller pieces rather than the one big one and maintain the car's green color? Hoping you guys  might could think of a workaround to avoid the yellow roof.

Read here: http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/19928/lego-at-sdcc-2015/p10