AMAZON PRIME DAY & WALMART ATOMIC SALES!!!

Ed Mack

Dunno about you guys but Amazon Spain seems to have capped its discounts on Lego at 15% since the turn of the year. The Prime membership annual fee has also increased so it will be interesting to see if they offer us any particular carrots on Lego.

Guest TabbyBoy

Prime membership doesn't interest me as I'm patient enough to wait for normal free delivery. Since LEGO already sells well on Amazon, I doubt we'll see any Earth-shattering discounts and if we do, I see limits being imposed.

100% True. I have been a manager at Amazon for 3 years. Its going down on the 12th of this month. Bigger than black Friday!  Huge savings like NEVER BEFORE!!! 12-14 HOUR days all week. Hiring thousands of workers. Its going to be HUGE! 20 Year anniversary blow out

100% True. I have been a manager at Amazon for 3 years. Its going down on the 12th of this month. Bigger than black Friday!  Huge savings like NEVER BEFORE!!! 12-14 HOUR days all week. Hiring thousands of workers. Its going to be HUGE! 20 Year anniversary blow out

OK... "amazonblkfri"... your first post in our community, and it is a shameless plug for your company... hmmm. Well, if you really work for Amazon you need to know that you don't have to encourage this group to watch for sales on your site... that's all we do.

• Like 3

There was an ad in our newspaper this morning pegging the sales event to July 15.  Tagline was something like more deals than Black Friday.

Last years Black Friday wasn't very good, so they might have to do better than that.

Slickdeals is aware.

Edited by exciter1
  • Like 1

If the leaked flyer is correct this will coincide with the 20% off TRU sale week.  Could be interesting to see what other retailers do. But if the black friday hourly deals are any indication, I would not get your hope up too much.

and uk prime membership is already discounted in uk, no sign of a dicount in US though.

Edited by jay4e

I wonder if this might depress sales a little bit over the next 8 days?  I've been eying a couple things on Amazon... was just about ready to pull the trigger this week; but now I'm thinking, "Why not wait? It would suck if that $100 Lego I just bought goes to $85 for a "lightening deal" on July 15." And don't big-time sellers have price adjusting "bots" working?  If they see a sales slump this week... is it possible that some prices might inch down a bit because of it?

Edited by Kenxxx
<additional comment>

I'm optimistic for seeing deals on sets in the 90-139.99 range, but just because Amazon has a sale for their anniversary doesn't mean Lego's rules (in the US) on not discounting exclusives is over-ruled.

I'd be thrilled of course, but i don't think we should be getting our hopes up.

Wet blanket reply over.

I wonder if this might depress sales a little bit over the next 8 days?  I've been eying a couple things on Amazon... was just about ready to pull the trigger this week; but now I'm thinking, "Why not wait? It would suck if that $100 Lego I just bought goes to $85 for a "lightening deal" on July 15." And don't big-time sellers have price adjusting "bots" working?  If they see a sales slump this week... is it possible that some prices might inch down a bit because of it?

You can price adjust within a week of purchase.

You are a manager there for 3 years and you say its happening on the 12th, but yet their graphic says the 15th? Maybe you got the wrong memo?

pinata_hero_prime_1x_us._V317176942_.jpg

• Like 1

Prime Day: More Deals than Black Friday exclusively for Prime Members

Prime Day is a global shopping event, offering more deals than Black Friday, exclusively for Prime members. On Wednesday, July 15 new and existing members will be able to shop thousands of Lightning Deals, Deals of the Day, and will receive unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping. Members will find deals starting at midnight PST, with new deals starting throughout the day, as often as every ten minutes. Not a Prime member? Try Prime today and get immediate access to deals on July 15.

Prime members can find deals on products across categories including electronics, toys, video games, movies, clothing, patio, lawn and garden, sports and outdoor items and more. Members will enjoy deals on items perfect for summer adventures, their to-do list, family road trips, back to school supplies, and everyday essentials. Prime members can shop on any device, including smartphones and tablets and enjoy deals anytime, and anywhere

Edited by Jeff Mack

Until now there is ZERO info on discounted LEGO sets. Before that changes, I'm skeptical investment-wise about the whole event.

I would assume there will be some LEGO sets in the lightning deals.  But its likely to just be common sets with clearance discounts.  anything good will sell out in minutes.  The question is will they do more sales than just the one day lightning style deals.  It would not surprise me to see them doing sales all week (as originally reported), then using 'prime day' hype, as an additional promo to sell more memberships.

Edited by jay4e