AMAZON PRIME DAY & WALMART ATOMIC SALES!!!

Ed Mack

I would love a nice BOGO 40% off with a wide selection of already discounted sets.  They did that last year a couple times during the summer and I got great prices on the Millenium Falcon, Pirate Ship Ambush, King's Castle, Batcave, Arctic Batman, and A-wing.  Those were some great pickups!

Edited by zskid00
  • Like 1

I would love a nice BOGO 40% off with a wide selection of already discounted sets.  They did that last year a couple times during the summer and I got great prices on the Millenium Falcon, Pirate Ship Ambush, King's Castle, Batcave, Arctic Batman, and A-wing.  Those were some great pickups!

I will be happy with that on the Death Stars =D

First target has their "Christmas in July sale"... and has anyone seen Walmart.com's opening page today?  ... "Low Prices every day for everyone... No sales. No gimmicks. No upfront fees." (Unless, of course that new thing we're launching right now called "Shipping Pass").

Man, all it takes is a little sale to get all the other retailers to gang up on you!  :)

So has anyone heard whether or not Prime Day will feature sales on Lego? If so, did the leak... I mean, your source... say which sets?

All sets that sell for 199.99 are 99% off and on sale for 1.99..Just kiddin'..

I will say this though, because of TRU 20% off week, amazon has matched their prices.  If they provide further discounts...save your funds for amazon over TRU.

• Like 1

First target has their "Christmas in July sale"... and has anyone seen Walmart.com'sning page today?  ... "Low Prices every day for everyone... No sales. No gimmicks. No upfront fees." (Unless, of course that new thing we're launching right now called "Shipping Pass").

Man, all it takes is a little sale to get all the other retailers to gang up on you!  :)

for those who signed up for shipping pass in may, when they gaffed it up, membership was only $1 (apparently im now in) and since they screwed it up they were giving away $50 GCs. i almost forgot about this, thanks for the reminder. BAM!

Edited by jerryherb

All sets that sell for 199.99 are 99% off and on sale for 1.99..Just kiddin'..

I will say this though, because of TRU 20% off week, amazon has matched their prices.  If they provide further discounts...save your funds for amazon over TRU.

The nice thing is that Prime Day is Wednesday, so we'll know if we spent our budget before TRUTH happens.
  • Like 1

Apparently the Amazon Prime Day is creating so much buzz and anticipation.  U.S. consumers are like Pavlovian dogs salivating at the mere mention of combination of the words black and Friday (myself included).

Target's Black Friday in July has nothing worth mentioning Legowise and Walmart's gotten off advertising that paying $99.00 for the Prime membership is ridiculous as they have low everyday discounts and that their sale prices are good for 90 days.

This strikes me as excessive hype since the products that we are interested in are Lego and we all know that Legos come in limited supply and if certain Lego sets are priced at doorbuster level sales, the sets will definitely not be available for 90 days.

Anyhow, it would be a good idea to check in with Amazon starting at around 23:00 on July 14 to see what's available.  Does anyone have a list of Lego products that will become offered at discount?  It would be very helpful to know in advance.  

Reports out of Japan say there is nothing too spectacular included for this sale.  More reports will come in as this goes live across the globe.

This is all about promoting prime, and clearing out some crap from the warehouse.  My guess is we will see a handful of decent lego "lightning" deals that disappear in 10 minutes or less.  now for anyone looking to stock up on flashlights, bad clothing, cheap hand tools and toys your grand mother buys, well nows a good time.

Edited by jay4e
  • Like 3

From Amazon's Facebook page:

"It's less than 18 hours until Prime Day, so we finally get to share some of the exciting deals you'll see tomorrow! Keep checking back today for more deal announcements.
* 32 inch LED TV for $75
* iRobot Roomba Cleaning Robot, under $300
* Fire TV Stick, the fastest selling Amazon device of all time, $15 off
* 40-inch 1080p LED TV for $115
* Over 50% off two Nikon COOLPIX cameras
* Bose headphones at the lowest price ever on Amazon"

more details on deals that will be available:

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150714005630/en/Prime-Day-Final-Countdown-–-Amazon-Sneak#.VaUSRfmqpBc

• Fire TV Stick, fastest selling Amazon device of all time, $15 off
  • Kindle, $30 off
  • Fire HD 7, $60 off
  • Fire HD 7 Kids Edition, $60 off
  • 32-inch LED TV, $75
  • 40-inch 1080p LED TV, $115
  • Brand-name 32-inch Smart HDTV, under $200
  • 50-inch 4K TV bundle, under $1000
  • Bose headphones at the lowest price ever on Amazon
  • Chromebook laptop, only $199
  • Over 50% off two Nikon COOLPIX cameras
  • Highly rated binoculars, under $120
  • Two security camera-kits, $279.99
  • K'NEX 2-in-1 Ferris Wheel Building Set (Amazon Exclusive), $35.99
  • K'NEX Crossfire Chaos Roller Coaster Building Set (Amazon Exclusive), $23.99
  • Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure (Amazon Exclusive), $9.99
  • iRobot Roomba Pet Vacuum Cleaning Robot, under $300
  • Husqvarna mower, under $300
  • 40 lightning deals on DVDs up to 75% off
  • Up to 50% off any of the Harry Potter books
  • Save more than 70% on the Divergent Series Complete Box Set of books
  • Save up to 70% on select kitchen products from top brands like Cuisinart, KitchenAid, Foodsaver and Thermos
  • Save up to 50% on select tools for the DIY auto enthusiast
  • Connected Car and Scan Tool products starting at 60% off
  • Road-trip-ready automotive products starting at 50% off
  • Save more than 50% on Drinkwell Platinum Pet Fountain
  • 30% off select clothing, shoes, jewelry, watches & more
  • 60% off Amazon Elements Baby Wipes with code ELEMENTS60
  • Free luxury beauty sample box with $50 purchase of luxury beauty products, with promo code LUXSAMPLES
  • Buy an Amazon.com Gift Card multipack, get $10 in Amazon.com promotional credit
  • Get 25% bonus Amazon Coins when you buy 5,000 or 10,000 Amazon Coins
  • Prime Now will also offer deals in the six cities where the service is offered

Maybe off Lego topic, but I would assume these discounted electronics are similar to the sale electronics from Black Friday.  Companies will make a different product with cheaper materials to sell at the discounted price.  They may seem like the same model on sale to the unassuming, but usually are subpar and perhaps not even worth the sale price.  Usually not a "deal."

• Like 1

How will you ever really know? Should you pass on everything then?  I got a LG 1080p TV two years ago on a Black Friday deal. It has a great picture, put it on some decent speakers and I could tell people it was a $2500, most people really wouldn't know.  It would be wonderful if there was a label that said "This is really a piece of garbage!"

Edited by Jeff Mack

How will you ever really know? Should you pass on everything then?  I got a LG 1080p TV two years ago on a Black Friday deal. It has a great picture, put it on some decent speakers and I could tell people it was a $2500, most people really wouldn't know.  It would be wonderful if there was a label that said "This is really a piece of garbage!"

Its the same idea as the knockoff LEGO pieces... Is it an inferior product? Yes. Will the general public be able to tell the difference? Probably not.

Its the same idea as the knockoff LEGO pieces... Is it an inferior product? Yes. Will the general public be able to tell the difference? Probably not.

That's a tough one... When I buy power tools I am always careful about what I buy because if they can't stand up to being dropped, stepped and used rigorously I'm throwing my money away. What does a TV with inferior components look like? Sound like? Only the most rabid TV fans are going to be able to see a pixel difference here and there. But in the world of digital and all components being built in China anyways ... I think "inferior" electronics are far less common than they used to be.

LEGO on the other hand... if you press people, they can tell the difference easy. Most just don't care.