71012 - Minifigures - Disney: Series 1

exciter1

Full price... I'm just dreading the time to smoosh them all.

I've gone with the ~1/2 inch incision, just enough to peer inside to confirm contents, on about 250 total CMF's. Always include a (stock) pic of the "sliced bag", and explicit about it in the listing description. I've gotten about 95% the going "NISB" rate on them, and never had a buyer complain (2-3 even said they prefer that over a heavy smooshed foil pack).

Well worth it in my opinion. The extra time and headache of smooshing, plus eliminating the risk of a mistake, more than makes up for the 1-4 nickles of profit you miss out on.
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, AirborneAFOL said:

I've gone with the ~1/2 inch incision, just enough to peer inside to confirm contents, on about 250 total CMF's. Always include a (stock) pic of the "sliced bag", and explicit about it in the listing description. I've gotten about 95% the going "NISB" rate on them, and never had a buyer complain (2-3 even said they prefer that over a heavy smooshed foil pack).

Well worth it in my opinion. The extra time and headache of smooshing, plus eliminating the risk of a mistake, more than makes up for the 1-4 nickles of profit you miss out on.

depends how fast you smoosh and where you sell.  these are hands down the easiest minifigures to smoosh.  amazon is taking away the condition notes where you can describe your product in detail - this is where you mention that the foils have been snipped a little to confirm the identifty .  once that happens, and someone orders a set from you expecting sealed minifigures and they get the slit opened one, A-Z comes knocking because the item is opened and your metrics take a hit.  if not selling on amazon, then yes it probably is worth it to do the slit id method because otherwise you could get scammed by someone saying they didn't get an Ariel and got 2 Mr. Incredibles.  the price differential on amazon between sealed and slit is currently $10 - less than 10% of the sale price.

Edited by cladner

21 hours ago, cladner said:

amazon is taking away the condition notes where you can describe your product in detail - this is where you mention that the foils have been snipped a little to confirm the identifty .  

Are you sure?  The ones I've sold are in the product description, not in the condition notes for each seller.

Description:

• Complete set of LEGO Disney Series Minifigures (18 total)
  • Packages opened to verify character's identity, then resealed in poly-bags.
  • Comes with ALL original accessories and paper inserts.
  • LEGO Minifigures are SMALL 2" in size

vs. 

Condtion notes

Opened to verify and placed into new ziplocks with all accessories and paper inserts

Are you sure?  The ones I've sold are in the product description, not in the condition notes for each seller.
Description:
vs. 
Condtion notes
Opened to verify and placed into new ziplocks with all accessories and paper inserts

Yep, that'll be going away.

2 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Yep, that'll be going away.

Right, but not this, correct?

Description:

1 minute ago, Loghamel said:

Description:

vs. 

Condtion notes

Condition notes are going away.  Many sellers on amazon put notes here because when you pull up the list of different buyers the comments under condition notes are easy to find.

The description notes are much further down on the page and from what i can see, specific description notes only show up on the page if you have the box.

I'm not sure how much more obvious to a buyer it could be?  It says right there in the product description what it is.  And this is on the product page, regardless of who has the buy-box.  To get to the list of sellers with their various condition notes, you'd have to go through this page.

58bcca8a1feaf_disneycmf.png.33ecf99590fb2c3685d86fe32c30572f.png

from a technical point of view, that listing is in violation.

Condition guidlines for "new" per amazon policies :

New:

Just like it sounds. A brand-new, unused, unopened item in its original packaging, with all original packaging materials included. Original protective wrapping, if any, is intact. Original manufacturer's warranty, if any, still applies, with warranty details included in the listing comments.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, cladner said:

depends how fast you smoosh and where you sell.  these are hands down the easiest minifigures to smoosh.  amazon is taking away the condition notes where you can describe your product in detail - this is where you mention that the foils have been snipped a little to confirm the identifty .  once that happens, and someone orders a set from you expecting sealed minifigures and they get the slit opened one, A-Z comes knocking because the item is opened and your metrics take a hit.  if not selling on amazon, then yes it probably is worth it to do the slit id method because otherwise you could get scammed by someone saying they didn't get an Ariel and got 2 Mr. Incredibles.  the price differential on amazon between sealed and slit is currently $10 - less than 10% of the sale price.

I've sold many complete sets in the bag on amazon, and never had a request for a return, nor any scams..

22 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

I'm not sure how much more obvious to a buyer it could be?  It says right there in the product description what it is.  And this is on the product page, regardless of who has the buy-box.  To get to the list of sellers with their various condition notes, you'd have to go through this page.

I'm imagining this page where you can see which seller has the best rating for the lowest price - brickvago.,,,

amz.thumb.jpg.f38eb7a86eb1fb6282ac944617f408df.jpg

it appears you are selling on a different listing then the one I am selling on.

Edited by cladner

11 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

New:

Just like it sounds. A brand-new, unused, unopened item in its original packaging, with all original packaging materials included. Original protective wrapping, if any, is intact. Original manufacturer's warranty, if any, still applies, with warranty details included in the listing comments.

Yep, I assume this listing is a goner at some point.

15 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

New:

3 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Yep, I assume this listing is a goner at some point.

I'll get worried when I don't see 17 listings for every LEGO set.  If I lose access to selling minifigs cut to verify, but also lose multi-listings for every other LEGO set, I'll be giddy.  I'll take that trade-off any day.

Edited by Loghamel

• 2 months later...

Sealed cases are moving at around £250+ each here already.  CMF’s usually stick at retail for a long time based on discounted eol sales.  I moved a case of 13, for example, at £150 a couple of weeks ago, my buy in was £80, but still.  Disney were much harder to track down discounted at EOL.  

Shame there is no way to teleport those target cases over here.  Shipping and import duty would kill the margin.   

• Like 1