70751 - Temple of Airjitzu

DadsAFOL

4 hours ago, Legojona said:

Sorry, just missed that.  It's what happens when Dutch people here about good deals.

How are you taking it back, though?

Gents, Dr. Brick is a Dutchman now living in the USA (Same as me). He just chose to put a Dutch flag in his profile to reflect his heritage - I put a US flag to show where I live. Don't trust the flags.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Legojona said:

Are you planning to come back by shipping container? :D

Funny, but I have actually fone that. I go back and forth 3-4 times a year and collect/invest for both markets with each a different strategy. And i have cross shipped between markets quite a bit too. Someime also based on the currency fluctuations. And my flag used to be the US flag but somehow it was changed to the Dutch one and if i change it it gets changed back. It's living a life on it's own

10 minutes ago, Dr. Brick said:

Funny, but I have actually fone that. I go back and forth 3-4 times a year and collect/invest for both markets with each a different strategy. And i have cross shipped between markets quite a bit too. Someime also based on the currency fluctuations. And my flag used to be the US flag but somehow it was changed to the Dutch one and if i change it it gets changed back. It's living a life on it's own

Didn't you have to pay the import taxes?

16 minutes ago, Dr. Brick said:

If you click on your username in the top right, select Account Settings, and then go to the Country option... you can force it to stay selected on a single country. Otherwise, it's picking up where you're logging in from based on your IP address which isn't always accurate depending on your ISP (or if you travel between two countries with a single laptop for example).

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Lego is determined to empty out their remaining stock on this set through their Downtown Disney outlets.  Still being clearanced out at 100 bricks each.  I'm coming across early 2015 seal codes now.  If you wanted to get one at half off and are nearby, now is the time to do it.  I'm pretty sure the remaining stock will get wiped out soon with the holiday season upon us.

Edited by LegoBro

This is one of my favourite sets in all honesty for a few reasons. I've picked up 2 so far in the UK for £115 buy in each. This baby is hardly ever discounted in my experience. Smyths just really nailed it with a couple of deals running alongside each other for a few days several months ago. A beautiful set, no doubt.