70751 - Temple of Airjitzu

DadsAFOL

Just now, pstebbing said:

I find that amusing.
I take it you were serious.

Dead serious. 

Imagine I am a noob and I am in a Lego Store and I get this message on my smartphone. 

He is a frequent posting member here. With some very good analytical posts. So he has a responsibility.

Just saying.

13 minutes ago, Ciglione said:

Dead serious. 

Imagine I am a noob and I am in a Lego Store and I get this message on my smartphone. 

He is a frequent posting member here. With some very good analytical posts. So he has a responsibility.

Just saying.

Yes it isnt good to make up stuff or lie, however if people buy a set just because a certain member says so and havent done their own research, then frankly thats on them, you should never invest in something just becuase some random guy on the internet said so.

Dont-Believe-Everything-You-Read-on-Inte

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Chillreign said:

Worry is meant in the way of "I've got none yet" so perhaps the globe and -5 euro coupon will do it for me.

2 hours ago, Chillreign said:

Are there €5 coupons for LEGO Shop at Home? If so where can they be gotten please or is it just a code?

It would be handy since I'm going to buy Ra's Gul for myself and it's already way overpriced at €45 even with free shipping, but I'm collecting all, the Batman minifigs so have to take the hit.

Edited by Anomander

7 minutes ago, Anomander said:

Are there €5 coupons for LEGO Shop at Home? If so where can they be gotten please or is it just a code?

It would be handy since I'm going to buy Ra's Gul for myself and it's already way overpriced at €45 even with free shipping, but I'm collecting all, the Batman minifigs so have to take the hit.

They are on the back page of lego catalogue if you requested one from lego

• Like 1

In for 99.. (doing it Tabby Style ;) ) 

No serious, I know how it was meant by Val-E.

Just wanted to ask for opinions if that could be signs of retiring. Although it wouldn't make much sense with the new movie coming out in 2017. But what does make sense these days?! ;) 

I'm not in Ninjago at all but this set has a great display value! So I will get one sooner or later. Question was if this "sooner" will become a "pretty soon".

13 hours ago, Anomander said:

That were codes on the back of the Lego catalogue. If you want one, PM me. I got a few ;) To be honest I dont know if the codes are "region locked" but we could test it ;) 

Edited by Chillreign

It´s a September 2015 release, many 2015 wave Ninjago set are now retiring or already retired. Tumbler had a similar life.

It has been promoted and discounted by Lego themselves a number of times. This indicates sales have not been great.

The movie will have its own line of sets separate from the classic Ninjago line same as Batman.

I had it as 50/50 in my prediction list. It might not retire now but I think it won´t make it beyond 2017. I know of other exclusive sets that will definitely retire soon but I don´t have any reliable confirmation on this one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

It´s a September 2015 release, many 2015 wave Ninjago set are now retiring or already retired. Tumbler had a similar life.

It has been promoted and discounted by Lego themselves a number of times. This indicates sales have not been great.

The movie will have its own line of sets separate from the classic Ninjago line same as Batman.

I had it as 50/50 in my prediction list. It might not retire now but I think it won´t make it beyond 2017. I know of other exclusive sets that will definitely retire soon but I don´t have any reliable confirmation on this one.

What might that be ? My guess would be a few of the modulars will soon follow the pet shop

On 02/12/2016 at 0:45 PM, Ciaraf76 said:

My son would love this set but there is no way I'm paying that sort of money for a 5 year old.

I think only millionaires or similar people who have more money than they know what to do with would buy such expensive gifts for their (small) kids.

Coincidentally those are also the people who pay $5000 for a NISB 10179 MF for themselves. And who will some day buy a NISB Lego Tumbler for 2-3x RRP from us reseller scum. :P You just have to out-wait less patient resellers who are content taking 1.5-2x RRP on their sets...

Regarding ToA ... I would love to have it, for myself. But I'm not paying anything more than €150 for it, and I haven't been able to buy it at that price point yet. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Haay said:

I think only millionaires or similar people who have more money than they know what to do with would buy such expensive gifts for their (small) kids.

I don't know what its like over there but in the UK even parents on modest incomes go batsh#t crazy spending on small children at Christmas. i think the average budget per child is nearing £500 now.

I picked up one @ smyths for £115, wish I'd got a couple more, that price will be hard to get again.

This also displays well in a city scene, so not just for the kids. Great set.

1 hour ago, Haay said:

Coincidentally those are also the people who pay $5000 for a NISB 10179 MF for themselves. And who will some day buy a NISB Lego Tumbler for 2-3x RRP from us reseller scum. :P You just have to out-wait less patient resellers who are content taking 1.5-2x RRP on their sets...

Regarding ToA ... I would love to have it, for myself. But I'm not paying anything more than €150 for it, and I haven't been able to buy it at that price point yet. 

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 4:29 AM, Fenix_2k1 said:

I don't know what its like over there but in the UK even parents on modest incomes go batsh#t crazy spending on small children at Christmas. i think the average budget per child is nearing £500 now.

I don't see the problem with this.  Toys, even at reseller prices, are some of the best deals out there.  Compare them to 1) any service provided by government, 2) health care, or 3) higher education and the value per $1 is 10 x higher.  If I had any kids, they'd get a $1,000 shopping trip to TRU (stacking all the appropriate rewards and coupons, obviously) each December.  People waste money on all kinds of stuff (the average poverty-level household in the US spends close to $1,000 per year on lottery tickets, for example).  I would not put toys, especially Lego, in that category.

• Like 3

I don't see the problem with this.  Toys, even at reseller prices, are some of the best deals out there.  Compare them to 1) any service provided by government, 2) health care, or 3) higher education and the value per $1 is 10 x higher.  If I had any kids, they'd get a $1,000 shopping trip to TRU (stacking all the appropriate rewards and coupons, obviously) each December.  People waste money on all kinds of stuff (the average poverty-level household in the US spends close to $1,000 per year on lottery tickets, for example).  I would not put toys, especially Lego, in that category.

I'd like to volunteer to be your adoptive child.

When I started reading this site 5 yrs ago my memory is of reading how much the majority of posters here hated architecture (no minifigs/high $/brick) and Ninjago (too reliant on lego cartoon).  They loved big modulars and exclusives.  I liked both and followed Peter Lynch philosophy of "buy what you know." Buying w/discounts has shown good returns in both. 

Q: Is there a threat of a chinese knock-off with a of this size? I know the knock-offs can directly affect minifig values, but do knock-offs also diminish parting out values on all molded pieces?  

btw- Redundant to mention it, but it's truly a beautiful build.  I got it 30% off on Black Friday w/snowglobe. Hope it dips even lower this yr ala EV, Sand Crawler, SOH '16.

7 minutes ago, beatpoppa said:

When I started reading this site 5 yrs ago my memory is of reading how much the majority of posters here hated architecture (no minifigs/high $/brick) and Ninjago (too reliant on lego cartoon).  They loved big modulars and exclusives.  I liked both and followed Peter Lynch philosophy of "buy what you know." Buying w/discounts has shown good returns in both. 

Q: Is there a threat of a chinese knock-off with a of this size? I know the knock-offs can directly affect minifig values, but do knock-offs also diminish parting out values on all molded pieces?  

btw- Redundant to mention it, but it's truly a beautiful build.  I got it 30% off on Black Friday w/snowglobe. Hope it dips even lower this yr ala EV, Sand Crawler, SOH '16.

Sadly the counterfeit ToA already exists.  But there's a counterfeit version of literally every set at this point, including all the retired modulars and lots of other retired exclusives.  Caveat emptor.

• Like 2

On 7 december 2016 at 9:37 AM, Haay said:

I guess you're joking now? 

Why wouldn't you buy an expensive toy for your kid? Because he isn't worth it? 

Personally if that means he will learn a lot from ot and we can build together, I'm not botjered bu the price. 

Signing off as Zulu, the ZWD billionaire...

Back on topic, anyone who purchased this set recently here in the US have seals past week 42 or 40 for that matter?  I am yet to see one.  Prove me wrong.  I'm pretty sure all the sold sets as of late have a seal code with 2015.

Edited by LegoBro