70751 - Temple of Airjitzu

DadsAFOL

Got mine yesterday from Shop at Home Germany with 46S6

It sells in Europe...but I think it's a really bad seller here in North America. I'd like to see a currently manufactured set here in the states. So that leads me to this question. Is it possible to retire a set in one continent, and continue to manufacture in another?

6 minutes ago, LegoBro said:

It sells in Europe...but I think it's a really bad seller here in North America. I'd like to see a currently manufactured set here in the states. So that leads me to this question. Is it possible to retire a set in one continent, and continue to manufacture in another?

We´ve seen sets retire with as much as 6-8 months difference and we have seen sets like Ocean HQ that were not released in Europe so everything is possible. We have also seen sets that had production stopped months before they retired, like Imperial Hotel or Exo.

I think they have now stopped making it everywhere and are just letting stock run out.

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 8:52 AM, LegoBro said:

I believe 6860 retired in Europe a full year earlier than in the US/Canada.  There are probably other examples.  So yes, though it's very rare.

5 hours ago, LegoBro said:

Out of stock at the moment at all US online retailers.  The 157 mark seems to have done the job. Only available at Lego Shop now. Surprise retirement in North America or crank up the machines down south?

I'll be sad if this retires.  Not that I think it will do that well (reminds me too much of Medieval Market Village), but I was just getting used to Lego tagging all the retiring sets, which makes buying decisions (the timing of purchases) so much easier.

Guest TabbyBoy
6 hours ago, Furious_george said:

I say bin the retiring tags completely.

I agree, we need to use our brains and do our own research in order to establish what's retiring and what isn't. We can no longer predict how long a set will be produced for.

• 2 months later...

In Canada Lego LEGO Shop at Home, I find it curious that this has been both discounted (to $183.99 - a 20% markdown) as well as in and out of stock... But is now back to normal price and is available again... Possibly just for the duration of the 2X VIP event, and then back to markdown?...

2 minutes ago, Shneebs said:

In Canada Lego LEGO Shop at Home, I find it curious that this has been both discounted (to $183.99 - a 20% markdown) as well as in and out of stock... But is now back to normal price and is available again... Possibly just for the duration of the 2X VIP event, and then back to markdown?...

it was 20% off the first day of double VIP on LEGO shop's page

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I dont believe that TLG would retire such set before release of Ninjago movie +  just after 1.5 years and not in the end of year. Even if it is a bad seller. The Ninjago movie can focus some attention to this set, so it is out of logic to bury it before the last chance for good sales.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, fantomas007 said:

I dont believe that TLG would retire such set before release of Ninjago movie +  just after 1.5 years and not in the end of year. Even if it is a bad seller. The Ninjago movie can focus some attention to this set, so it is out of logic to bury it before the last chance for good sales.

I think it is safe to assume there will be a large Lego set base on the upcoming Ninjago movie. I am guessing this set is not a hot seller either; it has been discounted multiple times at Shop @ home and by retailers. However, I really like this set as it have a strong reflection of the Japanese culture.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fantomas007 said:

Hmmmm, where have we heard this before?

• Like 8

• 1 month later...