70751 - Temple of Airjitzu

DadsAFOL

Mark me as also surprised by this. Any US price point yet? Probably $199? 

Weird spot though where this is probably just the start of the new sets leading up to the movie, so I can't figure out if 50-60 Ninjago sets in the line in a year or two is good or bad for the older ones. (silently curses Epic Dragon Battle)

Mark me as also surprised by this. Any US price point yet? Probably $199? 

Weird spot though where this is probably just the start of the new sets leading up to the movie, so I can't figure out if 50-60 Ninjago sets in the line in a year or two is good or bad for the older ones. (silently curses Epic Dragon Battle)

Per Brickset:

US $199.99, CA $229.99, DE 199.99€, UK £169.99, DK 1799.00 DKK

What I particularly like in this set is that it is lacking the over the top Ninjago fanfare and with figs removed it is just a gorgeous, realistic (on a LEGO level) Asian building. Otherwise the target age group would have been confusing, but like this it is very nice. I like at the figs only as an added bonus.

Plus there is a 13th fig, the sensei statue!

Great point. If you like the buildings only you could buy and sell the figs to cut your cost.

Just as I told the crowds on Brickset, take away the figs and you have a Creator Expert Oriental scene. The Ninjago labeling is misleading about its merits and target age group if you don't inspect it carefully. I own 0 sets from the theme, however this is a 100% buy for me.

• Like 2

For this set especially (perhaps more than for any other recent set), very much depends on the box art - in terms of investment potential, I mean. I hope they don't make the cover too "Ninjago", but I can't imagine they will. At $200 their main target audience cannot be kids, so a "childish" box seems rather unlkely.

For this set especially (perhaps more than for any other recent set), very much depends on the box art - in terms of investment potential, I mean. I hope they don't make the cover too "Ninjago", but I can't imagine they will. At $200 their main target audience cannot be kids, so a "childish" box seems rather unlkely.

Box looks solid. I'm buying it for my own collection for sure.

Temple_Front.jpg

Temple_Rear.jpg

Edited by pete411
  • Like 5

Guest brickcrazyhouse

I'm going to bet big on this one. This is (my guess) going to be the set that most kids will want and not get. Then after their dark age, they will be willing to pay big for.  

I don't even like Ninjago but this set just screams buy me. It's beautiful to look at, has a snazzy AFOL friendly box and piece count, looks to be fun to build and the sum of its parts transcends the Ninjago theme and should have wide appeal. The way this set uses the light-up brick is just classic. I'm more excited about this than anything else that has come out so far this year (although I still think Ferris Wheel will do the best after EOL). This set is a winner.

This is a no-brainer release day purchase for me. Incredible set, beautiful box art, playability, displayability, awesome figs, great theme (who doesn't like ninjas?), all around bad ass set. The only thing that stinks about this set is how long it will take to retire...

• Like 1