70751 - Temple of Airjitzu

DadsAFOL

I am not a fan of this set due to its extreme violence it can cause and by violence i mean getting beat up by a ten year old boy if i stick to our agreement to not open $200 sets.  I can already predict my logical/financial rationale will be met with extreme hostility so really this set is gonna cost me $400 in reality. Ugh

• Like 1

Looks great, but sadly I am out of display rooms, and it matches nothing in my displayed sets which is mainly LOTR and Classic Castle :P

But I see potential in this!

It actually reminds me on the classic Ninja sets, and want them back, they were actually so cool! Better than ninjago imo

Edited by Alcarin

So, the box art has been geared more towards AFOL, compared to regular Ninjago sets. Good. One thing I stumbled across: Some people here are comparing TOA to Medieval Market Village... well, I hope TOA does NOT end up like MMV, because, well, look at the growth of that set. If the temple performs like that, it will be considered a disappointment. Any ideas why MMV did not do so good?

I am not a fan of this set due to its extreme violence it can cause and by violence i mean getting beat up by a ten year old boy if i stick to our agreement to not open $200 sets.

How absolutely wonderful then that this set will not cost you $200. You can stay within your agreement with its price of only $199 (plus tax, minus VIP points, minus promotions). (I just want to help.)

This may be the first serious attempt officially by LEGO to recreate oriental architecture in a design. If I were not already a fan of Ninjago (which I am) or the classic predecessor Ninja theme (ditto) then this certainly would have converted me over to the ninja side. Well done. Funny to say out of all those minfigures, the one I want the most is Dareth. Haha.

Looks like a major re-launch of Ninjago to me.  This as the attention grabbing / halo-effect set, with a large release of new sets and some price restructuring. 70734-1: Master Wu Dragon, 70737-1: Titan Mech Battle, and 70736-1: Attack of the Morro Dragon all look good for the price. 

I know Ninjago is generally more popular in the EU than the US, but could be this season that turns that around.  I’m going long on this. 

This is a no-brainer release day purchase for me. Incredible set, beautiful box art, playability, displayability, awesome figs, great theme (who doesn't like ninjas?), all around bad ass set. The only thing that stinks about this set is how long it will take to retire...

I'm tempted to actually drive to the LEGO store (~2 hrs) with my son to purchase this day 1.  He loves Ninjago and this would be a fun experience / memory for the both of us. I'm not a Ninjago fan but this might win me over.  A great marketing and strategic move by TLG IMO.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...