70751 - Temple of Airjitzu

DadsAFOL

Does anyone know if this is modular-scale and if it could be incorporated with the other modular buildings?  I was trying to visualize it next to the Palace Cinema.  I like the design, but don't know if it would go well with the other buildings.

On another note, since I know nothing about the Ninjago line.....if I bought this and wanted to sell off all of the minifigures, does anyone have a guess as to how much I could get for them?

Does anyone know if this is modular-scale and if it could be incorporated with the other modular buildings?  I was trying to visualize it next to the Palace Cinema.  I like the design, but don't know if it would go well with the other buildings.

On another note, since I know nothing about the Ninjago line.....if I bought this and wanted to sell off all of the minifigures, does anyone have a guess as to how much I could get for them?

I guess you'd need to do some serious MOCing if you want to integrate it into your modular buildings line. Also it will destroy the unique look of this set but depending on what exactly you are going to create it might have it's own unique qualities that will look great as well.

I think there is not 1 exclusive minifig to this set so I doubt that you'll make a fortune. Would have to check ebay myself to see for what these are going... so my advice: Check ebay yourself! :P

Guest TabbyBoy

Even though I'm not into this theme, this set has great potential as a "Chinatown MOC" for a modular city. I will be keeping an eye on this one.

This is a "must have" for me, but since it's an exclusive, that means it will never hit my local TRU, right? 

What is the current standing of the "no discounts on exclusives" rule? Clearly they can be found below MSRP using coupons or GC or points or other methods.

For those who want this set as badly as I do, what's your plan to get it at 20% below MSRP? (If possible)

This is a "must have" for me, but since it's an exclusive, that means it will never hit my local TRU, right? 

What is the current standing of the "no discounts on exclusives" rule? Clearly they can be found below MSRP using coupons or GC or points or other methods.

For those who want this set as badly as I do, what's your plan to get it at 20% below MSRP? (If possible)

City Square is marked "exclusive" & available in TRU stores so I would hope this will be the same.

City Square is marked "exclusive" & available in TRU stores so I would hope this will be the same.

Really?  Hmmm it doesn't show up that way on the Lego webstie when I've looked.  I'll check again.  I hope you're right.

I don't think City Square is an exclusive. It's not marked as such.  I too have seen it at TRU on the shelves.

Yup you're definitely right it has that label at the top, but if you search under Exclusives, it does not (nor has it ever) popped up on the list.

It's been steadily available at TRU B&M stores since release. Unlike the Lego exclusives.

I hear tales of people finding the true Lego exclusives at TRU stores.  How/when does that occur?

I picked one up today and what really bothers me is that the box seems to be to flimpsy for the weight of the set. My store had 8 boxes with creases and I can see on the pictures above that both of those boxes have slight creases as well. They really should have picked a sturdier box for this.

I picked one up today and what really bothers me is that the box seems to be to flimpsy for the weight of the set. My store had 8 boxes with creases and I can see on the pictures above that both of those boxes have slight creases as well. They really should have picked a sturdier box for this.

UGH! I hate when they do that.

perfect for obtaining damage box sets with 500 points.  I love crappy designed boxes...

Picked up 2 at the Lego store looking at the display probably will need 3 to do the MOC I have in mind but 2 was the limit.

gratuitous thumb shot of the day

• Like 6