70751 - Temple of Airjitzu

DadsAFOL

Okay so who's got a prediction on the best way to pick this one up?  Will it ever hit TRU in store?  TRU online?  Amazon?

Or do we just shell out the $200 in honest green money from Lego.com?

How are you all getting the best prices on your big Lego exclusives?

I will just shell out the cash during 2x VIP or during a great promo. We don't get good discounts up here on GCs and such, so it's the only way to really get a discount on the exclusives.

I expect we'll see it at TRU and Walmart though... They've pretty much gotten all of them eventually but they don't discount them so unless it's pick up extra time, LEGO store it is.

I will just shell out the cash during 2x VIP or during a great promo. We don't get good discounts up here on GCs and such, so it's the only way to really get a discount on the exclusives.

I expect we'll see it at TRU and Walmart though... They've pretty much gotten all of them eventually but they don't discount them so unless it's pick up extra time, LEGO store it is.

Thanks for the reply!  With respect to TRU, do you mean online or in store? Obviously in store we can stack coupons, GC, etc.  But not online... 

1. Somebody is trying to fetch $100 for all of the minifigs in this set.

2. I'm thinking that if you want this set for your own personal collection and you are willing to work for it you might do what I'm trying to do: I'm thinking of buying two of these as a VIP today on debut day. Once they are in hand, flipping them on eBay for a $30 or so profit each (after fees... that's selling it for about $250 + $20 shipping). That puts me $60 ahead so when the come out in stores, I can pick it up for full retail, having made $60 already... making final purchase price about $160 including tax. 

This Lego investing is just fueling the Lego purchasing... sigh, I'm like a woman working at the Gap or something.

I picked one up today and what really bothers me is that the box seems to be to flimpsy for the weight of the set. My store had 8 boxes with creases and I can see on the pictures above that both of those boxes have slight creases as well. They really should have picked a sturdier box for this.

good observation. It comes in the same size box as the Ferris Wheel but weighs 25% more. I'm tearing mine open now but I can see this being a hard set to get shipped MISB. 

13 numbered bags one bag per number except two of bag 2 also an unnumbered bag with some plates, boulders and the shadow box screen, 1 loose plate and one thick bound instruction book with cardboard backing. Only 14 stickers. 

image.jpg

1. Somebody is trying to fetch $100 for all of the minifigs in this set.

Preposterous, and he's doing it twice ;)

• Like 4

good observation. It comes in the same size box as the Ferris Wheel but weighs 25% more. I'm tearing mine open now but I can see this being a hard set to get shipped MISB. 

13 numbered bags one bag per number except two of bag 2 also an unnumbered bag with some plates, boulders and the shadow box screen, 1 loose plate and one thick bound instruction book with cardboard backing. Only 14 stickers. 

Preposterous, and he's doing it twice ;)

I dunno... it is what the market will bear: If he can get the $100 then I might consider parting out this set: I'm pretty sure that people will pay a good $160 or so for the buildings minus the minifigs. People are charging anywhere from $10-$16 for the SINGLE minifigs, so $100 isn't so outrageous. Take a look at what the minifigs from the Shield Helicarrier are going for: I think there are 5 and they are selling for upwards of $120 for them plus the display stand. Minifig collectors are rabid and willing to pay!

I had a gift card worth about 130 so I used that. To offset the remaining costs I put all the minifigs on eBay to see if they really would fetch minimum 10 each. So far I got four or five of them with bids and three others with watchers. I figured that I would at least make the 90 I paid thus essentially eliminating my out of pocket costs. I'll keep you guys updated

• Like 1

Looks good. I just wish the buildings wouldn't just be 'half'. If taken like this one would need essentially two sets to have a complete tower. Who cares about playability? :bow:

I started the second set today. Not sure if I will use a third or a BL order to finish off the back. 

Maybe a Dragon like the Fire temple

Edited by Pseudoty