70751 - Temple of Airjitzu

DadsAFOL

My son just got done building his tonight and I must say I'm more impressed with it then I thought I would be. It is a beautiful set that will absolutely appeal to the AFOLs due to it's unique design alone. The interior detail as quite impressive also.

IMO....this set is a winner all the way around, but will be a LONG term hold.

1 hour ago, JeffProbst said:

This could be the next Medieval Market Village in terms of growth

Beautiful set with universal acclaim from AFOLs, but might struggle to pop after retirement

I think a closer comparison can be made to Tower of Orthanc.  Impressive structure, same price, similar balance of play features and aesthetics etc.  But who is the target demographic for the Temple of Airjitzu?  It has the minifigs going for it, but a lot of AFOLs don't seem to care.  Ninjago is a KFOL theme, but they are more into mechs and cartoon action.  Not fancy Japanese architecture.  Basically it's a set that most AFOL want, but how many are actually going to buy especially in a post-secondary market where prices will be in the $300-400 range?  I see it doing about as well as Orthanc and possibly even less.

Ultimately, for myself and I believe a lot of AFOL it comes down to "Where do I display it?"  Unless you have dedicated 20x25 Lego rooms, displaying and storing sets is a problem.  Add to the fact that it's a limited as far as what goes with it.  

Edited by Mathew

I love this set! My son collected legos and I helped him build them some, but I started collecting them after seeing and buying the temple of airjitzu. I have shown my friends it and they all want one too. I think it being so unique plus something I can enjoy with my kids makes it a great purchase. Plus don't underestimate how much parents spend on their kids toys espically if they, like myself, like it also.

For the future the biggest threat to the Temple of Airjitzu is the Chinese counterfeit production: 

http://brickfanatics.co.uk/bootleg-lego-ninjago-temple-of-airjitzu/

The mere fact that it exists makes people wary to buy this set from a reseller on eBay, worrying you may be selling the Chinese bootlet instead of the Lego original. It will  harm your options to resell this set in the future. Like someone writes on brickfanatics in the comments:

what this news has done is 100% guarantee that i will get this model if i get it at all from Lego shop@home.
i would now advise no one buy Temple of airjutzu from e-bay. as you don’t know if you will get the real thing or this copy!

43 minutes ago, Haay said:

For the future the biggest threat to the Temple of Airjitzu is the Chinese counterfeit production: 

The mere fact that it exists makes people wary to buy this set from a reseller on eBay, worrying you may be selling the Chinese bootlet instead of the Lego original. It will  harm your options to resell this set in the future. Like someone writes on brickfanatics in the comments:

what this news has done is 100% guarantee that i will get this model if i get it at all from Lego shop@home.
i would now advise no one buy Temple of airjutzu from e-bay. as you don’t know if you will get the real thing or this copy!

I'm sorry but that is just baloney .... the box would give it away, and you could file a SNAD as a buyer. If you list a sealed box with the LEGO logo on it .... you'll get the real deal. The same way as it is with minifigs nowadays, the real LEGO ones will have clear text in the listing saying it is genuine.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Haay said:

I always take those types of comments with a grain of salt... There are some real morons out there who feel the need to comment on everything. Take his statement "if I get it at all" which to me means they never planned on buying it.

Obviously they don't really eBay all that well.... if you buy from a reputable buyer who lists no counterfeit LEGO products, why would you worry? You'd only worry if you're someone who worries about everything.

• Like 5

Just to clarify myself: I'm not worried about getting scammed with a fake because I'm aware and paying attention and use the motto: if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. 

My point was that some common buyers who are not experienced with eBay buying may either get scammed with the counterfeit copy, or become wary of buying from 3rd party resellers. After all, if you Google for it, there are loads of topics posted by ignorant consumers getting scammed on eBay and crying for help. One way or another, it can very well affect our Lego reselling business too. 

5 hours ago, gregpj said:

I always take those types of comments with a grain of salt... There are some real morons out there who feel the need to comment on everything. Take his statement "if I get it at all" which to me means they never planned on buying it.

Obviously they don't really eBay all that well.... if you buy from a reputable buyer who lists no counterfeit LEGO products, why would you worry? You'd only worry if you're someone who worries about everything.

I had one of those morons argue with me that I need to provide some proof that it was a legitimate Lego minifigure I was selling. My response was if my 600+ feedback isn't good enough proof to you then I don't want to sell to you in the first place. 

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Haay said:

My point was that some common buyers who are not experienced with eBay buying may either get scammed with the counterfeit copy, or become wary of buying from 3rd party resellers. After all, if you Google for it, there are loads of topics posted by ignorant consumers getting scammed on eBay and crying for help. One way or another, it can very well affect our Lego reselling business too. 

I don't think those are the people who shell out top dollar for retired exclusives. Actually, easy to scam people don't even make the money to buy our typical investments.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Right folks, I appreciate some advice.

I bought the set as mentioned above. I should preface by saying this is for own build.

It arrived today with a battered packing box. Needless to say, the Lego box is damaged at two corners, with a hole in one. Then, it's opened. I've checked the contents, looks all intact. 13 numbered bags + 1 un-numbered, and a yellowish based plate (not in bag - looks strange to me). I've checked the bags, appears not been tempered. 

I spoke to and sent the photos to customer service.

Few questions:

1) Can someone confirmed the no. of bags are correct? Anything else to look out?

2) They offered €30 refund, should I take it? Should I push for return?

Thanks

20160324_121918.jpg

20160324_124104.jpg

12 hours ago, mattjay said:

I bought the set as mentioned above. I should preface by saying this is for own build.

It arrived today with a battered packing box. Needless to say, the Lego box is damaged at two corners, with a hole in one. Then, it's opened. I've checked the contents, looks all intact. 13 numbered bags + 1 un-numbered, and a yellowish based plate (not in bag - looks strange to me). I've checked the bags, appears not been tempered. 

Few questions:

1) Can someone confirmed the no. of bags are correct? Anything else to look out?

Thanks

A You Tube unboxing video might show the contents...

I've ordered one from shop at home this month, I've yet to open it but there you can have a look at the bags (and there's a tan baseplate free in the box).

70751 - 2

Anyway if the plan is to build it and the set is complete, I'd accept the partial refund if I were you.

12 hours ago, mattjay said:

Few questions:

Thanks

From Eurobricks:

20463012701_a2ae825f17_z.jpg

We get thirteen numbered bags (note the different style of numbering on the bags), plus one bag with three dark tan plates, two red technic flexi rods, two moulded rock formations, and the plastic screen that features in the shadow theatre. The Instruction booklet, once again bound in the same style as recent UCS sets, is packaged within a plastic bag to keep the pages undamaged, along with the sticker sheet (which I must admit I forgot to take a picture of).

And EUR30 refund on an exclusive you were planning to build anyways sounds like a great deal to me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

It's scary how much I love this set every time I look at it...

I've got one tucked away for personal build - actually, to gift to my kids for them to build - they are all into being ninja's etc. Just afraid the set will end up in pieces in the near future, so want to get my build room finished before I gift it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

It's scary how much I love this set every time I look at it...

Totally agree...TRU has it online now...and it's taking a great deal of will power to not grab that puppy, if it were in store and I could use that coupon it'd be home with me today!...but something tells me we got time and most likely better deals on it coming up but I love the attention to detail here...especially the autumn leaves :) Can't wait to get it, build it, and then stare at it. My kids will have to stay at least arms distance ;) 

Edited by midbenne