75094 - Imperial Shuttle Tydirium

MarleyMoose

75054 AT-AT and 75055 ISD are performing ok in UK, but nowhere near as good when compared with US performance.

AT-AT lowest price on ebay is £190 shipped (RRP £110), however there has been lots of sold listings recently of sets selling between £150 - 165.

ISD lowest price on ebay is £200 shipped (RRP £120), however this set has also sold for £150-165.

Key message I take from this and which I think every UK person should note is that you cannot compare UK growth levels with IS. Only very very few sets achieve "exponential" growth of above 2xRRP and keep on rising, the US is a completely different market so don't expect sets like IST to perform as good just becuase it may do great in USA. 

It is dissapointing as these 2 were obviously key winners,l from the 2015 retirees. Obviously if you bought at discount you may get 2x profits, but based off RRP they are hardly a success in UK when compared to USA.

I'm abit hesitant on buying anymore IST. I wish this set will do well, but if ISD and AT-AT can't go above 2 x RRP one year after retirement (ebay selling price that is), what hope is there for this set? I don't think IST will perform any better personally as it is nowhere near as iconic as the AT-AT or ISD.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

75054 AT-AT and 75055 ISD are performing ok in UK, but nowhere near as good when compared with US performance.

AT-AT lowest price on ebay is £190 shipped (RRP £110), however there has been lots of sold listings recently of sets selling between £150 - 165.

ISD lowest price on ebay is £200 shipped (RRP £120), however this set has also sold for £150-165.

Key message I take from this and which I think every UK person should note is that you cannot compare UK growth levels with IS. Only very very few sets achieve "exponential" growth of above 2xRRP and keep on rising, the US is a completely different market so don't expect sets like IST to perform as good just becuase it may do great in USA. 

It is dissapointing as these 2 were obviously key winners,l from the 2015 retirees. Obviously if you bought at discount you may get 2x profits, but based off RRP they are hardly a success in UK when compared to USA.

I'm abit hesitant on buying anymore IST. I wish this set will do well, but if ISD and AT-AT can't go above 2 x RRP one year after retirement (ebay selling price that is), what hope is there for this set? I don't think IST will perform any better personally as it is nowhere near as iconic as the AT-AT or ISD.

When people were picking 75055 up at £70 and 75054 at £60 in big numbers.  Measuring from retail doesn’t show much.  The same will happen with IST.  It’ll move to £100/£120 and people will say it isn’t much growth from RRP.  But buy in was around ~£50.  

The days of buying at retail and doubling are largely gone and this is more a result of Legos marketing strategy changes than anything else.

Going forward, perhaps we should base UK on growth on RRP - 40% as there is now the Tesco 3 for 2 element to consider. Anyone buying for above that is paying too much and will struggle to make any kind of worthwhile profit.

IST will do well to reach 120 GBP/150 euros, which is still double the average buy-in after fees.

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

Going forward, perhaps we should base UK on growth on RRP - 40% as there is now the Tesco 3 for 2 element to consider. Anyone buying for above that is paying too much and will struggle to make any kind of worthwhile profit.

IST will do well to reach 120 GBP/150 euros, which is still double the average buy-in after fees.

Hey, it's not easy work getting that 40% off sometimes over here. When the best sales come around you're lucky to grab a few at a time before the likes of Tabby have bought the lot! I'd also say that IST wasn't selling out too quickly until some of the ridiculous Tesco prices just after it was announced as retiring soon. I only got chance to top up on a few more when those sales hit. Same with Trevi Fountain. I would have loved to have topped up on a few more of those but others rinsed them soon after the retiring soon label and following sales. I just bought them throughout the year whenever they were at good prices in the hope that they may retire sooner rather than later. I got lucky with a few sets retiring, I must admit. That 40% isn't a given though, by any means. I had to keep picking up Trevi's and IST at some discounts without knowing if they would retire at any time soon. If I hadn't done that occasionally I probably wouldn't have many of them as some wideboys bought the lot when they actually got retired. I just liked those sets so I bought occasionally when on good enough deals for me.

Edit - I have a load of Louvre's that I was picking up at slight discounts at the same time as Trevi's. Didn't get lucky on those this year but at least they're in the bank in-case something surprising happens. Can't afford to wait until they retire and then wish you could have bought even at RRP. Louvre is a no brainer at any discount, just as the Trevi was. Happy to buy some at discount then try to top up if they appear in a Tesco 3-4-2 etc. Doesn't do much harm on certain sets that aren't too easy to usually get discounts on.

Edited by BarryZola
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Mhd747 said:

The shuttle is certainly less iconic.  But it is a beautiful ship and I think 75094 does it justice.  The main obstacle to growth is likely to be supply.  Somehow lots of folks had no idea that 75054 and 75055 were retiring.  No one was caught off guard by 75094.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GhostDad said:

The shuttle is certainly less iconic.  But it is a beautiful ship and I think 75094 does it justice.  The main obstacle to growth is likely to be supply.  Somehow lots of folks had no idea that 75054 and 75055 were retiring.  No one was caught off guard by 75094.

There are only 65 offers on it on amazon currently.  To compare last year, the AT-AT had over 100..  So, while I agree to some extent, I think a lot of the casual investors that swung into the game for a brief period to try it out have left the game altogether.   While this set hasn't doubled out of the gate like the AT-AT did last year, I do think the signs are there that it should easily double the 74.00 buy-in price within a few months.

• Like 1

I think that supply for this one might be more concentrated amongst the big investors, following Amazon practices but demand for Lego is definitely falling too. Assuming the big boys were in at 40% off or more, they´ll have margin to flip and the price won´t rise so quickly.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Val-E said:

I think that supply for this one might be more concentrated amongst the big investors, following Amazon practices but demand for Lego is definitely falling too. Assuming the big boys were in at 40% off or more, they´ll have margin to flip and the price won´t rise so quickly.

I'm def no big investor, but I'm in no rush. This will not be remade in a hurry.

19 hours ago, BarryZola said:

Hey, it's not easy work getting that 40% off sometimes over here.

Sorry, but with Employee discounts, discount giftcards, cashback/points, price matching, stacking discounts, promos and everything else, you should be hitting at least 40% on mainstream sets.  Only time you should really be going much higher, is for things like JW and Scooby now we know there is a good uptick to them.  
For Exclusives it’s a bit different, but still you should be looking at 30%, because that’s what you’ll be competing against when it’s time to sell.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AZNSalinas96 said:

I remember back in August seeing it on the Walmart app at one store for $25

It reached $49 pretty widely in my area during both the Spring and the Summer WM clearances, but I wasn't able to snag any at $25. 

I think it's a great set--interesting build, good looking finished model, decently iconic...

I wonder how well it sold. This was one of the first sets that was perma-discounted online.

• 2 months later...