Favorite Theme

I know I'm the oddball (as usual) but... Definitely Technic for me. Regular LEGO System sets really don't appeal to me often since I've gotten older. I love the intricate mechanics put into sets like the Unimog (can't wait to build!) and some of the engineering thought put into them is a marvel. The only LEGO System sets I plan to get are the UCS Red Five X-Wing, Haunted House, and Sopwith Camel. The rest of my purchases will be Technic :) .

• 3 weeks later...

LotR/Hobbit and Castle for me personally. Castle was my favorite growing up and since coming out of my dark age (TMNT had me start looking at Lego again, however I acquired the theme after quite a few LotR/Hobbit/Castle purchases) I've started to go a little crazy with LotR/Hobbit purchases. Although I did dip my toes into Star Wars with a B-Wing on the weekend and I have a feeling that is a purchase that is going to start something my wallet will soon not forget. On a side note is it just me or does Star Wars seem like an expensive theme?

Personally Star Wars is what brought me out of my dark ages and really the only sets that are a must have for my collection. I think it's evident that Star Wars is the best theme simply by looking at the time and money lego invests into it! UCS Star Wars sets--no comparison for me. I have branched out into collecting modulars/LOTR though.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at this thread on peoples favorite theme got me thinking what would be peoples favourite them for investing? So what say you? Where do you like to spend your investment capital? What theme do you think has the best future potential? (I've kept the categories close to the other poll for comparisons sake) Also no room for Indiana Jones so just post that if it's your vote.

I just threw some different sets out their plus ones I liked.:D

The items in your poll are "themes", sets are in themes. If you were looking for answers on members favorite sets, then you would list them out like

10188 Death Star

10123 Cloud City

10185 Green Grocer

etc

etc

etc

Just helping you for future posts...