75902 - The Mystery Machine

TheOrcKing

Based on one of the most iconic vehicles in animated history is a well priced set at $29.99 to include a total of 301 pieces, a cast of four minifigures between Shaggy, his faithful companion Scooby-Doo, exclusive (at the moment) Fred, and the witch's zombie aka Zeke from episode thirteen "Which Witch is Which?". Obviously for any fan of the classic series, this is a 'must have'. I know for me it is. ^_^

d1aef_19719753315_1979fb33ed_b.jpg
68242_19098843723_0587c8e93b_b.jpg
4a554_19531744870_660c9288b5_b.jpg

• Like 2

Also, why is the burger not like the other sweet burgers in the other sets? Too bad. Iconic looking set none the less, will do well almost certainly. 

I don't think it's a burger. I think it's one of those crazy huge sandwiches that Shaggy and Scooby would always whip together when they were hungry.

This reminds me of a pick fight my neighborhood got into last month.

We have a "movie night" every other month, where we blow up a big screen, food trucks come in, and we eat and watch a movie.  Last month it was the new Spongebob movie.  A couple people were complaining about Spongebob, because it's "all about getting high and the marijuana culture."

I'm like - did you not watch Scooby Doo growing up?  If we survived that, our kids will survive watching Spongebob.  Geez, we saw Bugs Bunny dress in drag, and Elmer Fudd get interested.  That didn't mess us up either.

• Like 1

Well son of a gun.  Went to sleep around 11 last night, and woke up this morning figuring I better run on lego.com and get a mystery machine, and already it's OOS will ship in 30 days.  

I ordered mine from Walmart. TRU also have them available (no wait) online but at a $3 premium. Typical TRU.

Available at walmart for shipping to home or pickup in store.  

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Scooby-Doo-The-Mystery-Machine-75902/45059391&affillinktype=4&veh=aff

I have ordered 12 of these  for flipping in October-November. I cannot see how TLG will be able to keep up with both the initial new release demand coupled with seasonal Halloween-Xmas demand.  The price point on this set is perfect.  This size box is usually for a $35 or $40 set.  

Edited by cladner

Sold out on Amazon, LEGO Shop at Home, and only available in store at Target. Available at Wal-mart and TRU. Could be an opportunity for turbo flipping if it continues to sell out. Prices aren't high enough yet to make it worthwhile. Agree that this could be a holiday sleeper with all the SW madness. 

just for the heck of it i listed one on amazon at $59.99 + $5.49 shipping credit - sold within an hour. 65.48- 9.55 amazon fee - 7.55 shipping -  30 cost of set =  $18.38 profit.

most of the current for sale listings on amazon are for people who are expecting shipments - very few INHAND - so there is an opportunity for some lowlying TurboQFLL if you have any lying around.

just ordered another 10 :)

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

Sweet... I have some I could flip... I usually like a quick 50%. But I don't know.  I think this could be the Minecraft "The Cave" of Xmas 2015.  I'm gonna hold (and accumulate) for a bit.

I sold another one for $62.99 + 5.49 -  now i'm out of 'in hand" stock.  I have more on their way from walmart to be picked up in tax-free NH on Wednesday.  I will go out cruising later this afternoon for some sweet summer turboQFLL .

Between Halloween and Xmas, this set has the potential to keep on giving during Q3 and Q4 2015.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

Did a run out to the target this morning, and managed to find 2 MM, but I only took 1.  My little boy was ecstatic when he saw it.  

Then we went to a TRU, where we found the mansion.  They had 4 on the shelf, but even though I think this is going to be a big time winner, I was hesitant to buy more than 1..  Used the 20% coupon that was posted on this site (thanks guys, you save me tons of money here!), and then used some rewards points, and got it to just shy under 60.00.  I consider it a win.  Just need the plane, and the lighthouse to round out the collection.  Easy peezy.

Edited by fossilrock