• 71304 - Terak Creature of Earth = 9.99 €
  • 71305 - Lewa Unifier of Jungle = 14.99 €
  • 71306 - Pohatu Unifier of Stone = 14.99 €
  • 71307 - Gali Unifier of Water = 14.99 €
  • 71308 - Tahu Unifier of Fire = 19.99 €
  • 71310 - Umarak the Hunter = 19.99 €

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Well, this fella seems to have taken it hard...

http://mallardfan62.deviantart.com/journal/Well-****-you-too-Lego-624941031

Well f**k you too Lego.....

by M******fan62, Jul 30, 2016, 10:41:51 AM
    Journals / Personal

This morning just f**king tore me apart.....

So lego had decided to discontinue Bionicle for a second time......

For people that don't know:
Bionicle was toyline made by lego and ran for 10 years until returning in 2015.

Why Lego why the f**k do you have to do that? you return this and then end it? You stupid f**king d**kheads....If you knew that sales were s**t then why f**king bother returning it then eh?

I hope you lose f**king money like last time and go bust because you have to take away lines that meant something to many and replace with absolute **** like Nexo knights, Ninjago & Hero Factory.

Am never buying lego again after this, F**k you Lego and everything you do....

I won't be talking to anyone for a while I'll still make videos and that but this has effected me so much that am depressed and angry. :(

See you around.

Edited by dcdfan

5 hours ago, KShine said:

That letter simply confirms what I had long suspected - that people who love Bionicle have some serious issues

Some Trekkies still weird me out.

Why Lego why the f**k do you have to do that? you return this and then end it? You stupid f**king d**kheads....If you knew that sales were s**t then why f**king bother returning it then eh?

I hope you lose f**king money like last time and go bust because you have to take away lines that meant something to many and replace with absolute **** like Nexo knights, Ninjago & Hero Factory.

huh.png

You gotta love how hot he was about his favorite line going away then continues with trashing everything else including the theme that evolved from Bionicle and possibly responsible for its return this one last time. I am bummed about Bionicle leaving us permanently (always a chance it might return if LEGO chooses to do so) but every story ends. Good grief.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
They are only limited in UK / Europe as not even TRU have them, US is different story

Umarak the Hunter disappeared first in Canada, then the Kopaka and Melum Unity Set. Those are already fetching better than MSRP as people try to complete their collections... but we never saw decent discounts (20% max) on the harder to find sets as they've disappeared and many linger on TRU shelves.

I have a couple extra Umarak the Hunter sets stashed but that's it... the rest are for the kids.
@PhilB Umarak the Destroyer is one of the few sets my kids didn't mangle. He is impressive as is the larger Ekimu.

18 minutes ago, gregpj said:

Umarak the Hunter disappeared first in Canada, then the Kopaka and Melum Unity Set. Those are already fetching better than MSRP as people try to complete their collections... but we never saw decent discounts (20% max) on the harder to find sets as they've disappeared and many linger on TRU shelves.

I have a couple extra Umarak the Hunter sets stashed but that's it... the rest are for the kids.
@PhilB Umarak the Destroyer is one of the few sets my kids didn't mangle. He is impressive as is the larger Ekimu.

Umarak the Hunter and the Kopaka/Melum set are not from the last wave of 5 though. I'm just making sure my son keeps his entire Bionicle Reboot collection in one place (pretty hard for a 10yr old) so that if time comes it can be sold as a complete collection (if there's ever demand for these in the future, who knows).

9 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Umarak the Hunter and the Kopaka/Melum set are not from the last wave of 5 though. I'm just making sure my son keeps his entire Bionicle Reboot collection in one place (pretty hard for a 10yr old) so that if time comes it can be sold as a complete collection (if there's ever demand for these in the future, who knows).

Ah... I didn't even check that. They disappeared pretty quickly.

What's not built is in a big bag... ugh. Every now and then the kids ask to build a particular set... takes longer to find the parts than build. :)

1 minute ago, gregpj said:

What's not built is in a big bag... ugh. Every now and then the kids ask to build a particular set... takes longer to find the parts than build. :)

My son has his collection (plus CCBS SW figs) standing in a nice layout in the corner of his room (minus a few ones from the first wave(s) that are in a big box in the basement next to the LEGO tables). Looks quite good.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I passed up on shelves of Bionicle during Kmarts additional 50% off clearance sale. Kicking myself so hard right now for that.

I did grab 16 $14.99 green box ones that made it to 75% for around $3 after SYW Magic. Selling steadily at $11.98-$16.98 on BL. I'm keeping a small reserve.

I have been pleasantly surprised by the green box Bionicle wave, a dedicated fan base and cool designs are a definite plus. In my opinion frequent discounts scared off a lot of investors, plus the dismal performance of the skull series added to my doubts (just cleared out my last skull slicers for $1.50 profit. Waste of my money and space.)

In other news, my Kmarts marked down the last of their Bionicle stock. Starting markdowns at 5% off, no additional % off. A couple of the bigger ones from 2014 and a few green box $19.99 ones. Will be keeping an eye on them if they drop, if anyone notices that they started the additional % wave, let me know lol.

Bionicle and Hero Factory sets are not getting remade.  Themes are done and there is no way to know if a similar theme is going to be developed.  That being said, these themes have a small, but passionate, fan base.  Kids (mainly boys) will still want to build these sets two years from now.  My son misses this theme already.  Same can be said for the Mixels.

• TheOrcKing unpinned this topic
  • 11 months later...
On 23/8/2016 at 11:07 PM, dcdfan said:

Well, this fella seems to have taken it hard...

http://mallardfan62.deviantart.com/journal/Well-****-you-too-Lego-624941031

Well f**k you too Lego.....

by M******fan62, Jul 30, 2016, 10:41:51 AM
    Journals / Personal

This morning just f**king tore me apart.....

So lego had decided to discontinue Bionicle for a second time......

For people that don't know:
Bionicle was toyline made by lego and ran for 10 years until returning in 2015.

I won't be talking to anyone for a while I'll still make videos and that but this has effected me so much that am depressed and angry. :(

See you around.

He has a point about Nexo and Karma has indeed struck down that theme too.

I just hope he got the last wave because it will be an expensive mistake for anyone who missed out. They are all going for at least 4xRRP now, except for the laggard 71314 Storm Beast, which is stuck at 2.5 x rrp.

• 6 months later...