Technic 2016

TheOrcKing

17 hours ago, rfish said:

No store employee didn't tell me today that the Ultimate IP car will be a Technic Batmobile, the version from the upcoming movie.

Is this true or not?This probably explains why they call it ultimate car and price is so high.

Also that from wheels from dragster are really front tumbler tires, various sources say this over eurobricks.

8 hours ago, TheOrcKing said:

Damn that is an awesome ride. I'm not sure about the tires, they seem similar to the Tumbler's also the other biggies of Technic vehicles.

They are definitely looking pretty dang similar to the Tumbler tires.  It's almost a bummer, but of course it makes sense for Lego to find other sets to put the tires in.  And it honestly works well for the dragster anyways.

Question is if there will be enough buyers for 300 euro set that is "only" BMW i8 .

If this ultimate car really will be technic batman UCS im expecting regular licensed fees that are astronomical, so this isnt set for me...For collectors this will be interesting set, for builders probably not so...

Still waiting for info about bucket wheel excavator...

Edited by Ondra
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ondra said:

Question is if there will be enough buyers for 300 euro set that is "only" BMW i8 .

If this ultimate car really will be technic batman UCS im expecting regular licensed fees that are astronomical, so this isnt set for me...For collectors this will be interesting set, for builders probably not so...

Still waiting for info about bucket wheel excavator...

Yes... I wouldn't buy for myself a Batmobile but it could become the Technic line's Death Star - expensive, popular and immortal.

I would have been happier if they used that price point for a massive Bagger 288 model - but I am hopeful the bucket wheel excavator will be good.

I would have been happier if they used that price point for a massive Bagger 288 model - but I am hopeful the bucket wheel excavator will be good.

My theory is, that bagger is non motorized set only with one or two motors and about 3000 pieces, because arocs have about 2800 pieces and price is 200€ .

And ultimate car as fully motorized set, that have full assortments of PF elements and based on previous rc sets such as volvo loader maximum 2300 pieces.There is also licensing fee

On 11/7/2015, 2:24:07, citymorgue said:

So I just looked at the exchange rate, and it currently is equivalent to approx. $450 US dollars.  That's just stupid insane and I can only imagine, if this is true, what in the hell Lego has in store with such a ridiculously expensive Technic set.  I'm excited and all, but it seems a little too expensive.

Why is this stupid? Mega detailed Lego Technic with 3000-4000 pieces is loooong overdue, especially if the set is in the shape of a car and not another construction vehicle.

I find it ridiculous that people are happy to pay 300-400 in any currency for a boring house or just something equally un-inspiring in the Lego range, but when it comes to Technic all of a sudden it's too much. Are you serious? Technic is absolutely amazing and there are so many things yet to be done with Technic, the theme has such a potential!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, hannibal said:

Why is this stupid? Mega detailed Lego Technic with 3000-4000 pieces is loooong overdue, especially if the set is in the shape of a car and not another construction vehicle.

I find it ridiculous that people are happy to pay 300-400 in any currency for a boring house or just something equally un-inspiring in the Lego range, but when it comes to Technic all of a sudden it's too much. Are you serious? Technic is absolutely amazing and there are so many things yet to be done with Technic, the theme has such a potential!

Well it's stupid IMO because even a regular system set, nothing but 1 set has ever gone past $400 retail.  Nothing against Technic, I really like Technic myself, but it's a lot more niche of a Lego product then the regular system sets you see.  As much as I would like to see such a huge, expensive set, I doubt it will be on the Technic side of the house honestly.  And I can think of plenty of other sets that are deserving of that kind of price range.

Considering the high amount of amazingly intricate mechanical details Technic provides (and the number of pieces needed to pull this off), I'm surprised there are not more in the few hundred dollar range on average. They may not be my main interest of personal building but holy cow is the theme in its entirety most impressive. When a toy car can have almost as many bells & whistles as an actual one, yeah I'm gonna take notice.

• Like 4

I just got done building the service truck from 2013. I only spent $10 more on it than the mini cooper and the ferrari f40. Looking at them side by side, it's no wonder I always preferred technic over anything else. These sets are larger, equally detailed, and have more playability with real life functions. Since Technic has its large panels (which imo look way better than a bunch of small lego pieces) to make up its body, technic doesn't require as many pieces to make large models. Which is why the price point is so low. I mean, who looked at the mobile crane or the unimog and said "If only it was bigger."? The only way we will see a technic set that goes beyond $250 is if we get a 2000+ piece set that has four functions and is all remote controlled. Anything more than that would be overkill and would go against the scale technic has used (more or less) on their flagship models.

• Like 1

Love the Unimog and the Mobile Crane Mk.2. I am getting quite curious about the few 2016 sets we haven't seen yet. The helicopter and mining loader don't look too bad but haven't yet seen something that will be a "buy whenever they become available" sets like the tracked crane, Arocs (and F40) have been for me.

• 2 weeks later...