71014 - Minifigures - DFB German Football Team

TheOrcKing

I'm loading up on these figures at current prices of about USD100 per full set, think there will be a good return on them in 3-4 years, are they not to a decent extent limited in number? A good chance Germany win a big tournament in the next few years as a small bonus.

5 hours ago, Betty S. said:

I'm loading up on these figures at current prices of about USD100 per full set, think there will be a good return on them in 3-4 years, are they not to a decent extent limited in number? A good chance Germany win a big tournament in the next few years as a small bonus.

Theres a chance that Lego might release some team minifigures for the Football World Cup in Russia 2018,  so I wouldn't go mad with it.

41 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

Theres a chance that Lego might release some team minifigures for the Football World Cup in Russia 2018,  so I wouldn't go mad with it.

I will hold and hope they will not do germany again, if they do germany again its like another 10188 experience, if not there are only 2,2 million minifigures and a total of about 100k complete sets, which will drive the prices up for sure. Im holding and I got quite a bit..

No chance of remake of these figs:

1) they are not iconic,

2) team is changing and even within few months between the idea of making them and the release date there were some changes in the german national team.

The only chance of remake / new wave was till July this year. Its over now.

For WC 2018 there are is just one logical option - to make figs from all nations qualified to the tournament. No need to make last champion team, since it has been done already, home Russian team is not worlwide popular, etc. I guess we will not see any figs...

Another option is to make club players - there would be demand for longer period, not just before a tournament. It also give chance to build whole teams such as Barcelona, Real, etc - just change the heads.

• Like 1

I agree they will not make another set of German team, and if they do many of the players will be different.

Is this set not comparable to the team GB of 2012? Quite unremarkable figures and as i remember there wasn't much interest in them at the time, but they're very expensive now 4 years later. 

12 hours ago, fantomas007 said:

No chance of remake of these figs:

1) they are not iconic,

2) team is changing and even within few months between the idea of making them and the release date there were some changes in the german national team.

The only chance of remake / new wave was till July this year. Its over now.

For WC 2018 there are is just one logical option - to make figs from all nations qualified to the tournament. No need to make last champion team, since it has been done already, home Russian team is not worlwide popular, etc. I guess we will not see any figs...

Another option is to make club players - there would be demand for longer period, not just before a tournament. It also give chance to build whole teams such as Barcelona, Real, etc - just change the heads.

They actually contacted quite a few assocations but DFB was the only one that got back with an acceptable offer

39 minutes ago, Will 4 said:

They actually contacted quite a few assocations but DFB was the only one that got back with an acceptable offer

I have heard about this... Only idiot would refuse TLG - its strong trademark, and lego players can help to marketing - target group would be boys between 10-14, many of them are footbal fans...

Ideal way is to make a deal with UEFA or FIFA directly and cover automatically all nations. I dont know whether it is possible, but every year we see many PC games based on real players, and ALL OF THEM, not just german or english players. So there should be some licence lying on FIFA, which allows them to give approval on behalf of all players...

1 hour ago, fantomas007 said:

I have heard about this... Only idiot would refuse TLG - its strong trademark, and lego players can help to marketing - target group would be boys between 10-14, many of them are footbal fans...

Ideal way is to make a deal with UEFA or FIFA directly and cover automatically all nations. I dont know whether it is possible, but every year we see many PC games based on real players, and ALL OF THEM, not just german or english players. So there should be some licence lying on FIFA, which allows them to give approval on behalf of all players...

No some assocations asked for loads apprantly such as England.

37 minutes ago, Chillreign said:

So I'm not in the US but here in Germany these are very slow sellers (at least for me)!
 tried to sell 1 complete Team for around 80€ and it gets no attention at all.. Perhaps when the next tournament arrives the interest will be higher

Value has dropped a lot over the last months as well. From well over 300€ to around 250€ per box. There is a ton of stock left with resellers and it's moving slowly.

I sold a couple of boxes and some complete sets when they were hot, but the rest is going to be a long hold I'm afraid.

I'd say the time to buy is now for anyone looking to get a complete set for their personal collection. It'll climb back up to 300€ eventually.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, stackables said:

So how would I search bricklink for how much a completed set of these are going for?  Need it for a trading reference.

Either look for superlots or look at the (INCORRECT!) listings for complete sets on the sealed box page.

http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=6138975-1#T=S&O={}

I'd say around 80€ is fair.

EDIT: just noticed you're from the US. In that case it's probably a bit more than 80€.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

Either look for superlots or look at the (INCORRECT!) listings for complete sets on the sealed box page.

http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=6138975-1#T=S&O={}

I'd say around 80€ is fair.

EDIT: just noticed you're from the US. In that case it's probably a bit more than 80€.

Yeah, trying to get a base trade value for the set.  Figured in the US it would be worth more due to the supply.