7654 - Droids Battle Pack and 7655 - Clone Troopers Battle Pack

longshot

Hi guys,

Ive been doing an inventory of all my sets and I came across a large quantity of each of these sets. 20 of the 7655 and 17 of the 7654. Approx half of the sets have some sort of damage unfortunately.......light creasing and scuffing, but only a cpl are really pinched hard. I was wondering the best way to move some of these and what to expect as far as $$$. It seems to me that the selling price is all over the place so Im not sure what to ask, especially for the ones with damage on the packaging.

One of the hardest things for me is evaluating how much a slight ding scratch or dent effects the sets value. Im a collector of many things and Lego I believe is no different then any other collectible in that condition is everything. But where even the slightest ding on a comic can really take away the value Im not sure on how it effects Lego. I know I've passed on many sets and regretted it later because I couldn't find a minty box.

Any insight on this would be most helpful

Thanx a bunch

Box condition on Lego sets in general is rarely an issue at all... if a set is opened, it won't matter a bit unless perhaps it's an old/rare/large set, and even then I can't say the difference between an absolutely mint open box (is there such a thing?) and a heavily worn one typically accounts for more than 10-20% of the purchase price.

On small sealed sets such as your battle packs, it won't matter enough to warrant worrying about unless it is truly mangled or open/compromised such that something could have fallen out. What you describe sounds like negligible blemishing to the vast majority of buyers.

On larger and especially older sealed sets, you start to run into some collector types who *may* be quite concerned with box condition, but still a minor bump or moderate crease is rarely going to affect sales price whatsoever... there are simply so many more buyers who don't care about it than the picky sorts (like myself) that they dominate the level of demand.

Basically Lego boxes are about as far on the opposite end of the spectrum from comic books as possible when it comes to condition: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=Lego+graded&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR9.TRC1.A0.H0.XLego+AFA.TRS2&_nkw=Lego+AFA&_sacat=0

Hope that helps.

P.S. To all you new-ish sellers out there (and some old ones too), do take it seriously when buyers message you specifically about box condition for your listings. I, for one, have learned not to buy/bid unless I get solid additional info/pics (rarely do the first round do the job), which often means lower sales price for the seller. Also, be very picky when assessing the condition so as to avoid misrepresenting your item. "Like new, only sat in a closet since I bought it myself" means absolutely NOTHING to a collector, as does "Normal shelf wear" or even "Excellent condition"... we want to know if there are stickers/damage, whitened corners/edges, creases, fading, etc. Thanks!

• Like 1

To all you new-ish sellers out there (and some old ones too), do take it seriously when buyers message you specifically about box condition for your listings. I, for one, have learned not to buy/bid unless I get solid additional info/pics (rarely do the first round do the job), which often means lower sales price for the seller. Also, be very picky when assessing the condition so as to avoid misrepresenting your item. "Like new, only sat in a closet since I bought it myself" means absolutely NOTHING to a collector, as does "Normal shelf wear" or even "Excellent condition"... we want to know if there are stickers/damage, whitened corners/edges, creases, fading, etc. Thanks!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm................Seems a collector after my own heart. I have been disappointed in the past on sets that have come from SAH, target, Walmart or TRU and on many occasions have had to either go to the store and get a replacement or credit. Luckily my local Lego store allows me to swap out sets this way without questioning it much, but very frustrating. When I do find a seller that expresses Mint as truly Mint I will go back again and again knowing I will receive the set in the condition desired.  

... and then there are those for whom the box condition doesn't matter so much but yet will pay a premium for original price tags with logos from departed merchants, such as vintage Woolworth, Dominion,  Eaton's,  Simpson's, Zellers, Kmart... I guess and now Target Canada too...

Edited by Thumper