Scooby Doo, Where are you? - general discussion

TheOrcKing

Since something bizarre happened to the original topic dedicated for the new theme, I am merely making this as a temporary replacement for further discussion until or if the original thread can be restored. Moving along the last bit of news was we have an image for the Mystery Machine and Mystery Mansion sets which I shall attach below. Release date is around August this year.

16322476986_bf31db01cd_o.jpg

15728070923_642e4c03b0_o.jpg

15728935953_0b87a03347_o.jpg

• Like 3

I was really pleased to see this line happen. I have a lot of fond memories of those meddling kids. ;)

What's funny is I can only recall in the original cartoon two or so episodes with the crooks ever calling them "meddling kids". Maybe it was a phrase that caught on somewhere and then used more in the later series'?

Now that i've seen the sets i believe i'm in for these as well. Very nostalgic. Hope they replace the Headless Horseman's Horse with a black horse though. Looks odd on a white horse. I love the "skull" rock face on the lighthouse set. Combined with the cool monsters from the show, this line will do awesome. 

It was an ingenious move from LEGO to focus on the classic side of the theme. After all almost always the parents make the decision :P

Also the builds are quite decent. Much better than Super Heroes or Pirates. 

I will be getting these sure as hell. The figures will go well with HH as well.

• Like 2

Hmm, disappointed with these ones. The lighthouse is just Lego being cheap at the end of the day and trying to sell more copies with less. The plane is ok, but it`s plain. Not much going for it, though the Sleepy Hollow pumpkin head is awesome!

I really like the first two set, not so much these, the Castle is great and the MM machine is accurate. At least they both do the source material justice, these 2 seem to be lacking.  

Hmm, disappointed with these ones. The lighthouse is just Lego being cheap at the end of the day and trying to sell more copies with less. The plane is ok, but it`s plain. Not much going for it, though the Sleepy Hollow pumpkin head is awesome!

I really like the first two set, not so much these, the Castle is great and the MM machine is accurate. At least they both do the source material justice, these 2 seem to be lacking.  

I think part of it is trying to force sets into particular price points, and it is a licensed theme, so definitely some restraints.