75105 - Millennium Falcon

shortyz

If the new MF will have OT minifigures so yes, 75105 at 50% off it's a good investment, maybe. It dependes on the new one's price and new one's improvments

After 7965 OT and 75105 ST the new MF should be an OT, if really released in april before the Han's movie it HAS to be an OT, but with the TLG you never know. 

9 minutes ago, Pet-Brick-er said:

If the new MF will have OT minifigures so yes, 75105 at 50% off it's a good investment, maybe. It dependes on the new one's price and new one's improvments

After 7965 OT and 75105 ST the new MF should be an OT, if really released in april before the Han's movie it HAS to be an OT, but with the TLG you never know. 

Makes no sense unless MF is destroyed in TLJ. Proper film saga will aways do better than the spin-off so they are as well keeping 75105 on for another year.

75212 could be some sort of antagonist´s ship or a first evolution version of the Falcon without Han´s mods.

Edited by Val-E

• 2 months later...
12 minutes ago, Phil B said:

That would give everyone hoarding these (including your grandma) about 3 months to flip their inventory before a new one is announced  ......

The 15 days before Xmas will be more than enough if Amazon run dry.

I won´t be in a rush to flip it if the new one is indeed blue and 170 euros. Plenty meat on the bone for this one....

Guest TabbyBoy
37 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Yeah, at 100 units sold a day stock will be 0 in 2 weeks. For bestselling Lego set at Xmas and with TLJ, that´s possible.

Let's hope so as I'm ready to break even on mine at 50% off RRP asap. There's bound to be a replacement so this could be another turkey?

On 21/11/2017 at 4:52 PM, TabbyBoy said:

Let's hope so as I'm ready to break even on mine at 50% off RRP asap. There's bound to be a replacement so this could be another turkey?

I have a feeling there will be a similar sized Millennium Falcon connected to the Han Solo movie, BUT it will have a very different colour-scheme and some other parts modifications. For the time being 75105 will be the last play-size MF that connects directly with the 'Star Wars: the Skywalker Movies'. :) 

Edited by Haay
  • Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

Either way, I don't think that 75105 will ever get near RRP after it retires as it's been very available, heavily discounted throughout its life and will no doubt get another rehash probably immediately. Glad I bought at £30, but I'd be gutted if I paid £60+.

8 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Either way, I don't think that 75105 will ever get near RRP after it retires as it's been very available, heavily discounted throughout its life and will no doubt get another rehash probably immediately. Glad I bought at £30, but I'd be gutted if I paid £60+.

Well I paid £66 and I'm not gutted at all. I highly doubt these will reach lofty heights, but they will do well enough to satisfy me.

1 hour ago, Haay said:

I have a feeling there will be a similar sized Millennium Falcon connected to the Han Solo movie, BUT it will have a very different colour-scheme and some other parts modifications. For the time being 75105 will be the last play-size MF that connects directly with the 'Star Wars: the Skywalker Movies'. :) 

Would be nice to have the original version, so I hope your predictions will happen :)

Guest TabbyBoy
50 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

How are you guys finding these sets for 50% off?  Is that a Europe / UK thing?  I've never seen them go below 25-30% off in the USA.

Nearly every large Tesco Extra store in my area had these for £30 instore so I drove around and arm-swept the lot. It was pure luck that I spotted them as they were all gone countrywide the next day. There's been no such deal since apart from 60104 Airports for £36 a month ago instore. Yes, I swiped them too ;-)

I think the US do very well out of Walmart, Target and Kmart. I saw unbelievable deals (80-90% off) in Fort Mill SC Walmart last year, but I'd never get it past UK customs.

13 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I think the US do very well out of Walmart, Target and Kmart. I saw unbelievable deals (80-90% off) in Fort Mill SC Walmart last year, but I'd never get it past UK customs.

I bought 5 75170s from Walmart over there in August. Just chucked the boxes and threw them in my suitcase. Cost the equivalent of about £18 even though they weren't hugely discounted there. The UK RRP is just crazy.

Guest TabbyBoy
36 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

I bought 5 75170s from Walmart over there in August. Just chucked the boxes and threw them in my suitcase. Cost the equivalent of about £18 even though they weren't hugely discounted there. The UK RRP is just crazy.

I got caught with 10 Mars Rovers a while back. I was stupid enough to throw away the receipt (under UK gift limit) and was stung with duty and VAT based on UK RRP and a big admin fee. I just let them confiscate as I refused to pay £50 extra per set! I no longer bring anything home from the US as it hurts when an officer has a bad day.

I wish we were the 51st State rather than in the EU!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy
9 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Still not retired at EU shop and seemingly plenty of stock for Xmas. Looks like this is not going to be a good investment what with the new version coming out in May. I was counting on shifting some at Xmas but that won´t happen now.

Yep, it's a turkey, even at 50% off. There's a huge amount in the wild and it was nearly always available from every Tom, Richard and Harry at >40% off. There's no way that this will ever reach RRP post EOL.