10219 - Maersk Train

M4x18

It's only been on the market since April 2011. Still available at US Lego LEGO Shop at Home. Do you think it will more likely retire early to mid next year?

I think we'll see 10219 remain available in the US into next year and probably even most of next year. It is still on the shelves at my 2 local Lego stores, and has shown no signs of being 'sold out' or 'out of stock' on the Lego US website. Just my 2 cents.

The set was removed from all of Amazon's European stores and now it's available only form 3rd party sellers. I had my eye on it as I really wanted that set, it disappeared from Spain's Amazon about a month ago and now it's sold out on every LEGO Shop at Home across Europe. You may act on it, or not. Sellers on European eBay sites have spiked it's price +20

Still for sale @ lego.com here in the US. I never saw it go out of stock but it could have. Def a great set i will be investing in a couple but i think ill wait till its for sure retired and buy in the aftermarket quickly after. Hate having my money tied up in a set that goes in and out of stock for 6 months or longer and then still having to wait another year or two before its viable to sell for a profit.

Update on this: I called yesterday to the Spanish store, which I think is a warehouse that attends all European Lego Shops, to place an order for the Haunted Mansion and asked about the 10219 just in case they had any left in stock because I didn't want to pay

Lego Shop at Home (US market) is discounting Maersk Train set #10219 by 10% (going price $107.98). Perhaps it's really soon to be retired, or maybe they have too much inventory. I hope it's the former so I picked one up just in case. P.S: No limit either, it will let you add 99 to your cart. If you want to throw all your investing money in one basket.

Lego Shop at Home (US market) is discounting Maersk Train set #10219 by 10% (going price $107.98). Perhaps it's really soon to be retired, or maybe they have too much inventory. I hope it's the former so I picked one up just in case.

P.S: No limit either, it will let you add 99 to your cart. If you want to throw all your investing money in one basket.

Thank you for the info. Pick up one. Hope We will see it go EOL soon.

Just got the Maersk train delivered today directly from Lego LEGO Shop at Home. Noticed a slight crease/dent along the bottom of the front side. Hardly noticeable, but I was jut wondering if that is going to affect the value down the road. I can try to attach a picture if that would help. I suppose I could try to go through the hassle of returning and getting a replacement, if it is a legit claim, chancing that the next shipment won't get damaged any more. Miro

Just got the Maersk train delivered today directly from Lego S@H. Noticed a slight crease/dent along the bottom of the front side. Hardly noticeable, but I was jut wondering if that is going to affect the value down the road. I can try to attach a picture if that would help.

I suppose I could try to go through the hassle of returning and getting a replacement, if it is a legit claim, chancing that the next shipment won't get damaged any more.

Miro

The consensus on this is that a small dent or crease will not affect the value of the set in the secondary market. The only people you are eliminating when it comes to potential buyers of your set are people like myself who demand their boxes to be in pristine condition. There are not enough people out there like me, and you will have no problem making maximum profit. If you have time I would send it back, S@H should have included a return label which makes it easy. I once returned a set 4 times before getting a box in the condition that I found suitable. My Maersk train arrived today as well, in pristine condition. S@H usually uses FEDEX and they are the best when it comes to handling packages IMO

I think we'll see 10219 remain available in the US into next year and probably even most of next year. It is still on the shelves at my 2 local Lego stores, and has shown no signs of being 'sold out' or 'out of stock' on the Lego US website. Just my 2 cents.

I hope it will be gone sometime in early 2012 with the New train due out in Jan.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I hope it will be gone sometime in early 2012 with the New train due out in Jan.

I just noticed 10219 has been changed from 'Sold Out' to 'Retired Product' on the U.S. LEGO Shop at Home website. Let's hope it does well in the aftermarket!!

Not at $119.99 anymore unfortunately!

Yeah it's still available at Amazon and some other places I'm sure, but the fact that it is officially listed as 'Retired Product' is a good sign for those who have invested in this set (assuming the set increases in value in the future).

I meant to put a couple more of these away somewhere safe before EOL - curses! I think this is a very distinct set that will continue to do well.

I was going to tell you to buy a couple from Amazon at $120, but it looks like they jacked the price back up last night. Keep an eye on it though, they may randomly lower the price again in the near future.

I was going to tell you to buy a couple from Amazon at $120, but it looks like they jacked the price back up last night. Keep an eye on it though, they may randomly lower the price again in the near future.

I'll keep my eyes peeled. Perhaps after Christmas I can still grab one or two at around $120, especially because I want to build and play with one of the two boxes I do have :)

If you see it drop on Amazon, let me know!