Countdown to Force Friday...Unveiling of The Force Awakens Toys

emazers

Okay, now I understand. It's definitely not a minifigure. It's a brick and the picture has been posted and linked earlier.

Well, I've seen both.  A few posts above shows the link to the stormtrooper minifig.  So....I don't know.  Honestly, it might be different at different TRU stores.

Okay, now I understand. It's definitely not a minifigure. It's a brick and the picture has been posted and linked earlier.

I am an idiot.  I thought that picture of the stormtrooper was a minifig bag....but I see it's just a brick.  Well, whatever.  That's kind of lame.  Not gonna cancel my plans just because of that, though.  It's still a nice bit of memorabilia.

• Like 1

Well, I've seen both.  A few posts above shows the link to the stormtrooper minifig.  So....I don't know.  Honestly, it might be different at different TRU stores.

I saw the same thing you did, and thought the same thing too.  But when you look closely, that isn't a stormtrooper fig, it's just a picture of one that is printed on the brick. 

Non Lego, but this is the lock winner for Christmas. http://store.sphero.com/products/bb-8-by-sphero

That's why I now own two.

Lego was virtually untouched, except for the MF. I was twentieth in line and by the time I get there, it was gone. Next most popular was Poes x wing. Black series was gutted except for the original trilogy figures. Captain Phasma and BB8 are the hot characters.

Im so sleepy.

Non Lego, but this is the lock winner for Christmas. http://store.sphero.com/products/bb-8-by-sphero

Also, these sold out extremely fast. I went by the Disney store after TRU and they were sold out.

Just got back from TRU in Bay Area - about 50-60 people in line, I was about 15th or so.  Everyone was very friendly and TRU ran things very well: they handed out the posters and the Lego brick one to each person as you entered the store.  The bag looked pretty full but wouldn't surprise me if they were all gone by the end of the line.  Picked up a Millennium Falcon and Rey's Speeder both look great and nice box art.  Really happy I decided to go.

image.jpg

Edited by runormal

I picked up a TRU exclusive set 66536, it combines 75110 Luke and 75111 Vader buildable figures.  Comes with a poster.  This one didn't appear to leak, can't find any previous mention of it on the internet, but it is on the TRU Canada site now (I bought mine in WA).

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=67364286

66536.jpg

Edited by JimboJet
Add photo
  • Like 4

I picked up a TRU exclusive set 66536, it combines 75110 Luke and 75111 Vader buildable figures.  Comes with a poster.  This one didn't appear to leak, can't find any previous mention of it on the internet, but it is on the TRU Canada site now (I bought mine in WA).

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=67364286

66536.thumb.jpg.3975fdaca094c7dbb0a01181fabea16c.jpg

I would have bought that if had seen them...

Ok, just had a little trip to TRU to see what´s going down. All the new stuff on display guarded by Stormtroopers and a very sweaty Chewie (bad luck for the guy that drew that costume in summer).

The rehash sets all have seemingly identical box sizes to the last iterations and the artwork is quite nice except for the MF which seems a little meh compared to 7965. I guess having them around for so long you get fond of them. The  new figs look great though, but DV does seem a little pricey compared to the others.

Not exactly flying out the shops, but it is a working Friday.