Shop at Home Store Calendar and offers - October 2015

ravenb99

So Double VIP is available for 4 days only?  Is that how it was last year (I'm new to the party).  I imagine myself showing up on the 2nd or 3rd and finding essentially empty shelves except for Chima and a few Elves sets.

That creator train looks nice.  I would probably prefer to get that than 2x VIP on everything except maybe 250+ sets.

So Double VIP is available for 4 days only?  Is that how it was last year (I'm new to the party).  I imagine myself showing up on the 2nd or 3rd and finding essentially empty shelves except for Chima and a few Elves sets.

That creator train looks nice.  I would probably prefer to get that than 2x VIP on everything except maybe 250+ sets.

it is not that drastic 

• Like 1

not I just saw it tonight, the 4 days of DP was pretty extreme of a cut. 

I left the Toy Shop off from the bottom, think enough people were already turned off by that set

Yes, if you can get your hands on discount gift cards and buy with the train later you'll be better off.

other than minuscule discounts on Raise and the occasional lightning-in-a-bottle catch on eBay, how does anyone get discounted Lego.com gift cards?

I've been fortunate and picked up some 10% off Raise cards in the past.  Gotta be quick!
9k=

Edited by exciter1
  • Like 1

No, this is the first time that LEGO Shop at Home has done 2x points for such a short period of time.  Two years ago, LEGO Shop at Home did 3x points for a few days, but that was after doing 2x points for a full month.

is this hinting to us that this year we might night see a 2 set holiday promo?  october just says holiday train ... usually it says set one of 2, doesnt it?

either way we should get another holiday promo from nov-dec ... i hope ...

You're right they usually say 1 of 2. But we've also heard rumor of a Gingerbread House this year so I'm guessing that's 2 of 2.

That is so disappointing, but in some sense just continues the trend. "Sales" and "offers" by Lego itself don't seem to be what they have been even a just a year ago. Less than 5% higher discount than usual for only 4 days, and no overlap with another promotion is pathetic compared to previous years. Time to other places more closely.

Forget the double VIP, that train runs on dollars for wheels. $_$

Totally agree.  The benefit of 2x VIP points is only another $5 per $100 spent, from 10/1 - 10/4.  For that same $100 in late October you get a holiday train set instead?  Every one of those trains is worth $15 all day long and upwards of $25 in 2016. 

I'm going to make as many separate $100 orders as I can as soon as this becomes available.  They will probably sell out of them before Halloween.