Shop at Home Store Calendar and offers - October 2015

ravenb99

Maybe the usual long 2xVIP period (also) fell victim to the Star Wars frenzy. TLG know that everybody will be buying the new stuff like crazy anyway, so why give them 2x points on top? Could well be they fear their whole business (availability of sets) would collapse at this point in the year if they had a longer 2xVIP period - those 4 days will still be crazy, I guess.

• Like 1

Maybe the usual long 2xVIP period (also) fell victim to the Star Wars frenzy. TLG know that everybody will be buying the new stuff like crazy anyway, so why give them 2x points on top? Could well be they fear their whole business (availability of sets) would collapse at this point in the year if they had a longer 2xVIP period - those 4 days will still be crazy, I guess.

Yeah... everybody at Lego will have a leave-ban for that period.

• Like 1

That train is super sweet.  I definitely need to get at least 1 of those to hold.

As far as the double points, it's definitely strange and very odd they are doing it for such a ridiculously short time compared to any other promotion.  It just seems that outside of the normal 5% you get, it's hardly worth even having VIP anymore.  The promotions and special offers just get fewer and fewer in between it seems.  Even early access is hardly worth it anymore.

There´s a fair chance the sets that are going to move to sold out before EOL status will do so during double points so the beginning of October is going to be quite revealing.

Remember all the posts last year that were along the lines of "I was waiting to purchase during double VIP, I didn't think it was done..."

Edited by dcdfan
  • Like 1

Remember all the posts last year that were along the lines of "I was waiting to purchase during double VIP, I didn't think it was done..."

This could be the last gasp of the Pet Shop. It was October/November time that the GE and FB went. So those 4 days may be your last chance .

So, you'll be handing in your VIP card then? :)

Of course I won't be handing in my card.  I'll still always shop my Lego from the store, but it's just hardly truly worth the full effort anymore.  I used to try to wait for the specials and everything, but now, it's like, when I get to it, I get to it.  I'm just curious as to why they are getting stingier with promotions and discounts these days.

Of course I won't be handing in my card.  I'll still always shop my Lego from the store, but it's just hardly truly worth the full effort anymore.  I used to try to wait for the specials and everything, but now, it's like, when I get to it, I get to it.  I'm just curious as to why they are getting stingier with promotions and discounts these days.

When the customers are beating down your door, there is no incentive to offer a discount.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone else has heard this, but I was at my local LEGO store today and a long-time employee told me the double VIP dates printed on the October calendar were incorrect and the promo would be running from October 1-14.  This would be good news as it would overlap with the holiday train set which starts on October 13.  I guess we'll find out in a couple weeks.

• Like 1