Lego Store Canada

gravtation

8 minutes ago, Zelgazra said:

I submitted an email request quoting one order with $5.99 picnics asking for a price match. They gave me 300 points. Take the gamble if you choose!

Eh, good for you, but I'm not doing anything that may draw attention to my purchase history. I didn't even complain that one time I ordered 3 sets in an order and only received one...

3 hours ago, Zelgazra said:

Except for all of us that already got it cheaper ;) Stack it with a Disco Batman poly plus the VIP points, I guess it's not too bad, but they've been had cheaper. Just be aware that's the competition you're up against. As is the case with any set really, someone always managed to pick up more copies, at a lower price than you. They're usually from the USA :P 

TIL. I had no clue it was cheaper earlier, I missed out (when was this? ...if you care to reference). I've found that most of the people that get the really really wicked clearance deals, work at TRU/Target in the US and they clear it out before the public even has a chance, kinda B.S. but thems the breaks ?

TIL. I had no clue it was cheaper earlier, I missed out (when was this? ...if you care to reference). I've found that most of the people that get the really really wicked clearance deals, work at TRU/Target in the US and they clear it out before the public even has a chance, kinda B.S. but thems the breaks

I got my 2 copies on December 5th 2016 from Amazon, at $191.46 CAD (taxes in) each. Listing price I guess was $170ish.
  • Like 1

the best price I saw on ToA in Canada was on thanksgiving sale in Lego store at point claire mall in Montreal, at that time it was $160.99 before tax, grabed one for investment purpose.

From my understanding -- if I'm wrong feel free to correct me -- set of this size and price level will face limited competition from south of the border: shipping cost and import tax will kill most of them.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Forsaker said:

Yeah, it's kinda unfair the US competition we're up against, with all the discounts they have...

Don't worry about the USA market so much. Its so expensive to ship across the border that Canadian buyers will be looking at Canadian sources first if they want to buy. I sell on eBay and for the total listings out there, if I search just Canadian listings and actual seller count is MUCH lower. In some instances I found that I was the only 1 of maybe 2/3 other sellers that had that set for sale.

Edited by lobo1969
  • Like 1

As primarily a buyer, I'll always buy Canadian first on bricklink as I'd expect shipping to be more costly elsewhere by default.

Great deals are hard to come by but they do every now and then.  To make myself feel better I don't even bother looking at the US deals anymore :)

I have the ToA built and it's a nice set.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've been to both Fairview and Yorkdale in the last 36 hours to get the beetle give away. Cleared both out of their half off wedding couples and birthday cakes, plus got a few easter egg hunts.

The Yorkdale location has 10 Santa's Villages out for $72 each. Can't believe these are still around. How is such a perfect Christmas set not sold out? I have 5 I got at this price and am tempted to get more but the lingering concerns me. Long term hold I guess. 

12 hours ago, jeff_14 said:

I've been to both Fairview and Yorkdale in the last 36 hours to get the beetle give away. Cleared both out of their half off wedding couples and birthday cakes, plus got a few easter egg hunts.

The Yorkdale location has 10 Santa's Villages out for $72 each. Can't believe these are still around. How is such a perfect Christmas set not sold out? I have 5 I got at this price and am tempted to get more but the lingering concerns me. Long term hold I guess. 

My location had plenty of Santa Villages into Feb. I was holding out until the VW give away to buy more but they suddenly disappeared. I would keep the ones up at your location too, come next fall I'm sure you can move these fairly easy.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, lobo1969 said:

JUNE

Which I did, but a tote bag never entered the final order invoice, but it said I qualified for one.

I better get one!

Wrong, its "JUIN" for Canadian orders. Worked for me today and the tote bag shows on my order invoice.

IMG_1285.PNG

IMG_1286.PNG

Edited by eliminator

36 minutes ago, eliminator said:

Wrong, its "JUIN" for Canadian orders. Worked for me today and the tote bag shows on my order invoice.

Not wrong, The email I got said to use JUNE:

"To redeem this offer, enter code JUNE at checkout and your free item will be automatically added to your shopping bag with a qualifying purchase."

JUIN is the french spelling, are you based in Quebec?

• 4 weeks later...

Alert! There's a Christmas in July surprise at LEGO Shop at Home ! :frantics:

For any order of 99+ CAD, we currently receive TWO gifts:

40223 LEGO Snowglobe V39
40251 Mini Piggy Bank V39

These two gifts have a value of about 50 CAD. Put another way, everything under 100 CAD is half-price. :dancing:

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Stragus said:

Alert! There's a Christmas in July surprise at LEGO Shop at Home ! :frantics:

For any order of 99+ CAD, we currently receive TWO gifts:

40223 LEGO Snowglobe V39
40251 Mini Piggy Bank V39

These two gifts have a value of about 50 CAD. Put another way, everything under 100 CAD is half-price. :dancing:

What set is good to get with this promo? Wouldn't the 2 promos be hard to sell?

7 hours ago, eliminator said:

Just picked up a Winter Toy Shop 10249 @ 20% off and some Series 17 Minifigs at 20% off to make the $100CAD minimum to qualify for the two promos.

What the... When the Snowglobe went live at midnight, at the moment I did all my purchases, the list of sales was practically empty!

Darn it.