75100 - First Order Snowspeeder

TheOrcKing

• 3 months later...

I bought one of these on Force Friday for myself. I think the only reason I got it was to get the polybag. I wasn't too keen on it, but I hoped it would change my mind once the movie came out. My mind is not changed. Minimal screen time for the vehicle and the included characters, ugly design, I cannot get behind this. I will be leaving it in the box until I need something different to review.

Edited by thoroakenfelder
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

This can be had for 43% off in the UK at the moment but I still don't feel the want to buy.  3 good figs but of all the FO troopers I like these ones the least.  
Coupled with a vehicle I just cant associate with even at 50% off I don't think I'd want this - not even for a personal build and that's quite a statement!

Don't think it was TLG fault on this one.  If there had been a scene with it in maybe it would have been the equiv of the rebel snow speeder in ESB and gotten a little more love.  Or if the FO snow troopers got more screen time. 
I think the lack of comments on this set says it all really.

On 2 May 2016 at 4:16 PM, GiliusThunderhead said:

This can be had for 43% off in the UK at the moment but I still don't feel the want to buy.  3 good figs but of all the FO troopers I like these ones the least.  
Coupled with a vehicle I just cant associate with even at 50% off I don't think I'd want this - not even for a personal build and that's quite a statement!

Don't think it was TLG fault on this one.  If there had been a scene with it in maybe it would have been the equiv of the rebel snow speeder in ESB and gotten a little more love.  Or if the FO snow troopers got more screen time. 
I think the lack of comments on this set says it all really.

Where can you get it at 43% off?

It's not a bad set. My son and I built it last Nov. he thought it was boring despite it's rolling feature. Overpriced at MSRP . The kid didn't play with it so It was returned it after 2 weeks.

I wouldn't invest in it unless 50% off and then I'll need to give myself a pep talk. Maybe if the scene wasn't cut in the film...

• 2 months later...
On 5/5/2016 at 1:12 AM, jaisonline said:

I wouldn't invest in it unless 50% off and then I'll need to give myself a pep talk. Maybe if the scene wasn't cut in the film...

Well this one is currently available in the UK for 50% off and.... honestly I'd rather take an IST at full price over 4 of these.  Great figs and i think if the snowspeeders screen time wasn't cut then i might think different but no emotional attachment, no disrespect but it doesn't offset that with a "WOW" factor in the looks dept.

If this ends up being the only set with snowtroopers (we don't get any snow scenes in the later movies) then you'll break even on the minfigures.  It is a good little army builder and at 50% off for the personal collection i think its a great deal.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
10 minutes ago, wotguvnotmeguv said:

This is now retired in the UK, and Sainsburys are knocking them out for £16 - 60% off.

Not expecting great things in investment terms, although there is curiosity value given the fact it didn't make it into the film. End of the day it's a lot of set for the price of a couple of Microfighters.

The same discount happened at Amazon UK and I thought it was a good deal too. I think they were overpriced, but for these prices a no-brainer.

On 7/13/2016 at 4:51 PM, GiliusThunderhead said:

Well this one is currently available in the UK for 50% off and.... honestly I'd rather take an IST at full price over 4 of these.  Great figs and i think if the snowspeeders screen time wasn't cut then i might think different but no emotional attachment, no disrespect but it doesn't offset that with a "WOW" factor in the looks dept.

If this ends up being the only set with snowtroopers (we don't get any snow scenes in the later movies) then you'll break even on the minfigures.  It is a good little army builder and at 50% off for the personal collection i think its a great deal.

Unfortunately the microfighter set weighs it down in how exclusive those snowtroopers are.

1 hour ago, fossilrock said:

Unfortunately the microfighter set weighs it down in how exclusive those snowtroopers are.

That and most people were lucky to find a few at $19 or rarely $9 at WM.  It's vastly overpriced at $40 and should have been a $30 set that we could get for $15.  IIRC I don't think there were many bulk purchase opportunities below $28 (in the US) without magic of some sort.

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Lego Templar said:

I have 10 of these. All bought at 19. Not worried but I don't see this doing much pass 40ish.

We can only hope they use the vehicle in episode 8 or 9.

i have a shelf full also bought at $19. $40 is msrp for this set.  with 3 set exclusive minifigures once retailer stock dries up and lowballers are cleared, it will definitely do better than $40.  part out value is $50-sh.  my 1 year post EOL price target is $60 - 1.5x msrp and 3x my buyin.  of course this also assumes no stupid dialed in rehash later this year or early next year.  if there is no rehash, and you have time and space to kill, i wouldn't be surprised if this set actually makes it to $80-90 a couple of years from now.  that being said, i wouldn't pay more than $22 for investing since its one of the least memorable sets from the first TFA wave.

Edited by cladner

• 5 months later...