Star Wars 2016

fossilrock

28 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Just got the "LEGO00ae.png Star Wars2122.png Rogue One sets now available!" email from LEGO VIP. No mention of the free poly, just the double points. Since I don't think these emails get "live" updates, I am with those of you who think that the whole "no sets available until 11am EST" and "Darth Revan runs out by 10am" is a nice ploy of LEGO to get old stock to move first, and then have the die-hard fans buy the RO sets anyways on separate orders. And those that complain get another minifig that they still have sitting in the warehouse in large bins as a peace offering.

My first place of blame for the Revan was on all the people who bought hundreds of individual key chain orders to get the poly.  Then I come around and realize this is really TLG's fault since they didn't implement a minimum order price to get it, 50-75 could have been a good threshold.  I dunno why Lego even bothered putting Revan on the promo piece I got in the mail. *sigh* 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, P38bam023 said:

My first place of blame for the Revan was on all the people who bought hundreds of individual key chain orders to get the poly.  Then I come around and realize this is really TLG's fault since they didn't implement a minimum order price to get it, 50-75 could have been a good threshold.  I dunno why Lego even bothered putting Revan on the promo piece I got in the mail. *sigh* 

I think they just wanted to clear him out. He is over 2 years old and not part of Disney's future for the franchise. 

I was very disappointed when TLG did not launch the new RO sets at 12 EST, fortunately I live in HI so I waited it until 630 am EST and still no RO sets available. I finally gave up and went to bed. I woke up this morning and the RO sets were there but there were no more Darth Revan's left. I did order a Battle Pack last night just in case this happened but I was not going to buy some key chains just to get Darth Revan, I have no interest in key chains. I did almost buy the SC when the RO sets were not up buy decided not to, in hindsight, I wish I would have. I will now just wait for the RO sets to go on sale over the course of the next year and buy them one or two at a time. Oh well. 

2 hours ago, biking_tiger said:

But US stock comes from Mexico... right? 

Dang.  You're right.  But the future could be bleak for solid stock.  Especially, when Trumpie becomes dicktator and throws up the wall, and forces the lego company to build a factory in the US or they'll have to sell their goods elsewhere.  

1 hour ago, cubfan78 said:

I was very disappointed when TLG did not launch the new RO sets at 12 EST, fortunately I live in HI so I waited it until 630 am EST and still no RO sets available. I finally gave up and went to bed. I woke up this morning and the RO sets were there but there were no more Darth Revan's left. I did order a Battle Pack last night just in case this happened but I was not going to buy some key chains just to get Darth Revan, I have no interest in key chains. I did almost buy the SC when the RO sets were not up buy decided not to, in hindsight, I wish I would have. I will now just wait for the RO sets to go on sale over the course of the next year and buy them one or two at a time. Oh well. 

Did you get the AT-ST? Wal-Mart's already got it on markdown.

3 hours ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Did you get the AT-ST? Wal-Mart's already got it on markdown.

I saw that but I would have to order online. Walmart stores in HI have all Lego sets marked up at least 10%. Actually this goes for almost every store that sells Lego's here in HI including The Lego Store. I usually buy me sets online during promotions. I will probably pass on the AT-ST for $32 now that the Raven promotion os over. I will probably push all the new RO sets back to next year. I did buy 4 FA sets from Amazon a couple days ago that were on sale. There is a good chance I will order the Winter Train and maybe the SC tomorrow. I sent TLG an email expressing my displeasure that they did not have RO sets available to purchase when the Force Friday promotion started. 

I just finished building krennec's shuttle and I have that I really enjoyed building it! The whole building process was different than normal so it held my attention and I really dig the all black color scheme, it's very slick. The minifigures are top notch in this set and they are all exclusive to it so that was definitely a Bonus. Another cool thing is that there's 4 seats for troopers versus 2 that I originally thought. There isn't many stickers for it being this big of a set so I appreciate that and the new cockpit piece is very impressive looking. Overall I highly recommend it especially at a discount. If krennec and k2 stay exclusive to this for awhile then it'll definitely help it value wise. 

Edited by California92563
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

75134 Galactic Empire Battle pack SOLD OUT at USA shop at home - 8 month life span + shocktrooper minifigure should equal profit in short order.   i have 20 from target's recent $8.53 sale.  time to get more.

Rebel Alliance battle pack is also sold out - yikes...

Edited by cladner
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

So Brick Friday & Cyber Monday have passed, and only afew days left until the UK promotion of the snow globe ends (10th December).

AFAIK none of the TFA sets went TOOS / OOS / Back order during this period, either lego had loads in the warehouse or they just arent selling. No retirements from TFA sets so far, i was expecting afew to have gone by now tbh.

15 hours ago, Mhd747 said:

So Brick Friday & Cyber Monday have passed, and only afew days left until the UK promotion of the snow globe ends (10th December).

AFAIK none of the TFA sets went TOOS / OOS / Back order during this period, either lego had loads in the warehouse or they just arent selling. No retirements from TFA sets so far, i was expecting afew to have gone by now tbh.

Maybe TLG is holding on to them while awaiting instructions from Disney which vehicles will be included in the Episode 8 movie coming out December 2017 ? And deciding which Lego sets they will release in anticipation of the next episode in the Skywalker saga...

Edited by Haay

• 4 weeks later...

out of the gate, 75134 Galactic Empire Battlepack seems to be doing pretty well.  One of the shortest lived battlepacks with 8.5 month of shop at home availability, this set features the shock trooper which is a fairly iconic figure that is prominently featured in the battlefront game.  only 17 sellers (so far) on amazon main listing with lowest price trending towards $26, double the set's MSRP (ignoring the second listing which is mainly japanese listings for $24).  i picked up most of my stash for $8.39 at target in December.  hard to tell if this is surprise retirement post EOL bump or a true under-hoarded set.  i'm tempted to double my money and move on but wonder if this set has some legs.

Edited by cladner

out of the gate, 75134 Galactic Empire Battlepack seems to be doing pretty well.  One of the shortest lived battlepacks with 8.5 month of shop at home availability, this set features the shock trooper which is a fairly iconic figure that is prominently featured in the battlefront game.  only 17 sellers (so far) on amazon main listing with lowest price trending towards $26, double the set's MSRP (ignoring the second listing which is mainly japanese listings for $24).  i picked up most of my stash for $8.39 at target in December.  hard to tell if this is surprise retirement post EOL bump or a true under-hoarded set.  i'm tempted to double my money and move on but wonder if this set has some legs.

Legs will be a couple years down the road. Undercutters will jump in soon and it will be selling for $20 most of the year.
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Legs will be a couple years down the road. Undercutters will jump in soon and it will be selling for $20 most of the year.

that's kind of what i'm thinking.  i may go ahead and let a few go and pat myself on the back for the nice cagr.

all it will take is one deep seller to pee into the punchbowl to end the party.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/22/2016 at 10:36 AM, cladner said:

75134 Galactic Empire Battle pack SOLD OUT at USA shop at home - 8 month life span + shocktrooper minifigure should equal profit in short order.   i have 20 from target's recent $8.53 sale.  time to get more.

lowest price on amazon is $27, >3x my buyin in a little over 6 weeks.  only 30 sellers too.  worth snooping around bn to see if they have any even at MSRP + member discount.  i found a few there last week.