Star Wars 2016

fossilrock

But with the all reboots, its taking the exclusive and ulimate out of the label, sure its good the for the new to lego causal fan to buy new, instead of old classic sets.

But I think this is bad for the collector, who likes to display all there UCS sets.

Heavily depends on the collector. Some collectors like to have everything for the sake of having everything and are even happy about newer versions (especially if they are different enough).

The "exclusive" label says (and guarantees) what exactly?

Heavily depends on the collector. Some collectors like to have everything for the sake of having everything and are even happy about newer versions (especially if they are different enough).

The "exclusive" label says (and guarantees) what exactly?

Exclusive = There will only ever be one release of this set with this name, number and price. We will make it long enough to give everyone a chance to own one.

So after checking the latest leaked images for the 2016 sets, I am feeling a little bit underwhelmed.

In fact after I looked at carbon freezing chamber and Hoth attack, & I went "meh"

So if the rumoured UCS re issuse of the Snowspeeder is true will this be the only UCS set for 2016?

If so I'm going to start to shy away from playsets, and just purchase UCS sets.

How do you all feel?

I just saw those as well.  Very underwhelming is an understatement. The only semi-interesting set was the new Ep7 set. 

Here's a link... looks like the one set has a General Leia figure.  That's about the only interesting thing going on in the winter wave.  Obi's Jedi Interceptor is basically Anakin's with just a change in color, and the Homing Spider Droid has a few changes from the 2013 version, but otherwise looks the same (time to dump any horded discounted stock for miniscule pennies!)..  There's not much of an effort put into this wave, IMO.  One of the worst waves in recent memory, although this year has been underwhelming as well, minus the UCS sets.

*link removed .. lego is asking people to take this stuff down so the link is no longer valid.*

Edited by gregpj
  • Like 1

Exclusive = There will only ever be one release of this set with this name, number and price. We will make it long enough to give everyone a chance to own one.

I believe Exclusive means "These will not be sold in every brick and mortar store, just LEGO and potentially one other vendor." I think that you are thinking of Ultimate, which pretty much literally means final.

I like the variety of characters in Rebel BP and the Imperial Troops are always welcome.  The most exciting thing for me is probably the Ugnaught and Probe Droid though which isn't saying much.  The Carbon Freezing Chamber is so poorly executed because of how small it is and should have included a Bespin Guard, Lando, and Stormtrooper at least with a larger playset at a higher price point.  These pale in comparison to the Cantina, ISD, Imperial Shuttle, and Final Duel which we've had recently.  

In what way exactly?

I like the variety of characters in Rebel BP and the Imperial Troops are always welcome.  The most exciting thing for me is probably the Ugnaught and Probe Droid though which isn't saying much.  The Carbon Freezing Chamber is so poorly executed because of how small it is and should have included a Bespin Guard, Lando, and Stormtrooper at least with a larger playset at a higher price point.  These pale in comparison to the Cantina, ISD, Imperial Shuttle, and Final Duel which we've had recently.  

I guess I feel differently.

The rebel battle pack looks like very intergalactic "PC" (how many Rodians fought with the rebels before?) with just another speeder bike. The Empire speeder thingy is just not Star Wars. Maybe I'm a grumpy old dude, or these are based on Rogue One... but Lego seems to have gotten a little lazy. The carbon chamber definitely says "lazy" on the box. Hey, but Boba Fett sells, doesn't he?

I guess Han just has to kiss the ugnaught, since Leia is nowhere to be found.  I'm not very thrilled about any of these really.

Edited by exciter1
  • Like 1

I guess I feel differently.

The rebel battle pack looks like very intergalactic "PC" (how many Rodians fought with the rebels before?) with just another speeder bike. The Empire speeder thingy is just not Star Wars. Maybe I'm a grumpy old dude, or these are based on Rogue One... but Lego seems to have gotten a little lazy. The carbon chamber definitely says "lazy" on the box. Hey, but Boba Fett sells, doesn't he?

The rebels had help from many different species as the SW universe is made of different species. The empire however had a strict human doctrine concerning them to be superior. This is why I think it is very nice to see aliens within the ranks of the rebels by now.

The empire speedy thingy is the same speeder bike you can see on battle of endor if I am correct? Only that they came up with a new design that is closer to the movie design (my opinion).

Carbon Chamber was a letdown for me as well... but I like the inclusion of the alien. I guess they can only have so many big sets... so coming up with a small version of the carbon chamber seems logic. anyhow... if you buy three iI guess you have a big one xD

(Adding Leia shouldn't be a problem... Lando and Bespin guard is another question but let's stay hopeful for next years releases!).

Perhaps the TLG need to change things up abit, instead of re booting the same old boring play sets each season.

I'd be keen for some Bantha's and tusken raiders included in the droid escape set.

How bout new bounty hunter minifigs e.g. 4 lom and zuckuss?

Carbon Freezing Set is lacking in scale and cool factor, it needs the UCS treatment.

I still have my doubts that we will see a UCS Hoth playset or new DS in 2016

Edited by NZ-EUG
  • Like 1

Han: "I know"

The line still works!!!!! :D

What a missed opportunity.  They should have made the Carbon Chamber set with 8 minifgs a la Palpatine Arrest

Well, the first cantina was lame, as well as the first "jabba's palace", and to think about it so was the first "final duel", so maybe there's hope 10 years from now :)