Chapters/Indigo (Canada)

Vodium

Stores only are having a Black Friday sale for 4 days with 20% off lego. Stopped at the Eaton Centre where there were 20 Mystery Machines 3 days ago and they are all gone. Curse their oily hides!!! Will have to think about what else I might want to get there.

Edited by jeff_14

1 hour ago, jeff_14 said:

The next 4 days Indigo is doing a BOGO 50% on toys, which includes LEGO other than Mindstorms and Ideas. And the Eaton Centre location just reloaded on most of the Scooby Doo line. How timely. 
https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/toys/bogo-50-off/?ref=shop%3akids%3akids-toys-alt%3astss-toy-baby-bogo%3aA1&cl=stss-toy-baby-bogo_A1

So it's a bit confusing on this one. When I went to the Eaton Centre location, right at the front entrance was a sign saying it does not apply to Lego. Period. Nothing about mindstorms or ideas only. I go to the lego area and there are big signs about the BOGO, nothing on the signs about any exclusions. As it happened I didn't see anything I wanted so never asked anyone there what the deal was. 

Also, they are still running a scratch and save event where if you spend $50 you get a card that gives you anywhere from $5 to $5,000 off your purchase, so if the BOGO is on, presumably it can be combined with this as well.

2 hours ago, jeff_14 said:

Popped by again yesterday and got the 2 snow troopers they had as well as 1 more each of the ones I mentioned the other day so that I have at least one of each for resale if needed. Still have not seen Krennic or Revan in the wild yet. 

Dang, never even seen TBS in any Chapters, let alone a brand spanking new wave not readily available! This new wave has been great money so far (my orders came from online sadly, no sightings in the wild yet). I have 1 Revan for myself as an xmas gift... but the prices are tempting to get rid of him, may have to tell the SO she's lost an xmas gift for me :P Which she will hate because i'm so difficult to buy for >.>

Might have to browse Sherway Indigo tonight and see what LEGO selection they have to take advantage of the bogo.

Edited by Sandwraith

On 12/8/2016 at 9:58 AM, jeff_14 said:

Popped by again yesterday and got the 2 snow troopers they had as well as 1 more each of the ones I mentioned the other day so that I have at least one of each for resale if needed. Still have not seen Krennic or Revan in the wild yet. 

Past 2 days, I saw multiple copies (2 to 5) of BS Death Troopers at 3 different Chapters as well as 2 Walmarts.  It may be scarcer than the other figures but plenty around here.  I saw 5 copies of Krennic at a Walmart.  No Revan.

I passed on all of them (even with the BOGO50 off the already marked down price of $24)

Where are you selling these?  Locally in downtown Toronto where I assume the market is huge but with limited retailers? I'm in the suburbs so with all the retailers around, there seem to be lots of supply.

However, I did not pass on the IST.

I cleared out all I could find.  It was BOGO50 off the already marked down price of $99

So it was $74+HST each before I paid with my 20% discounted gift cards I got from Zehrs/Loblaws :)

Final price $60.  50% off!

On 12/11/2016 at 8:50 AM, kiiaal said:

Past 2 days, I saw multiple copies (2 to 5) of BS Death Troopers at 3 different Chapters as well as 2 Walmarts.  It may be scarcer than the other figures but plenty around here.  I saw 5 copies of Krennic at a Walmart.  No Revan.

I passed on all of them (even with the BOGO50 off the already marked down price of $24)

Where are you selling these?  Locally in downtown Toronto where I assume the market is huge but with limited retailers? I'm in the suburbs so with all the retailers around, there seem to be lots of supply.

However, I did not pass on the IST.

I cleared out all I could find.  It was BOGO50 off the already marked down price of $99

So it was $74+HST each before I paid with my 20% discounted gift cards I got from Zehrs/Loblaws :)

Final price $60.  50% off!

Downtown Toronto is notoriously underserved by toy stores, so I happily step into the breach. But even Chapters, TRUs and Wal-marts I hit in the burbs are empty of Death Troopers and the even newer waves. Seems to really vary by store/area.