75102 - Poe's X-Wing Fighter

jaisonline

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, c_rpg said:

Also:

Poe's X-Wing now down to just over 40£... They are really killing this one.

Rex's AT-TE down to 60£.

Imperial Assault Carrier is also down to 60£, but I'm not touching that turd.

Well finally this deal seems to have cleared out Poes X-wing and the Assault Carrier from Amazon UK (non-third party sellers).  I'm sure Poes will be back but wonder if there were only a few left so they cut the discount to > 40% just to get rid.
Even at 40% off I'm not sold on this one.  Sure its a great set but think it's one that will be on everyone's new resellers radar to pick up a few.  And as many people have said even if it does go this winter there's still the resistance version on the shelf.

• 4 months later...

I'm tempted by this set at Walmart - currently US$62.00 - 15% off promo = $52.70.  Though there may have been better promos late last year, $53 give-or-take seems to be a pretty good price for this set.  I have one to build which I think I paid about the same price for.  I just don't want to be holding long term (reducing my buying... looking for an exit from this hobby within the year). Anyone buying this set at $53?

8 minutes ago, Kenxxx said:

I'm tempted by this set at Walmart - currently US$62.00 - 15% off promo = $52.70.  Though there may have been better promos late last year, $53 give-or-take seems to be a pretty good price for this set.  I have one to build which I think I paid about the same price for.  I just don't want to be holding long term (reducing my buying... looking for an exit from this hobby within the year). Anyone buying this set at $53?

What promo are you referring to?  Is this the infamous secret Cladner code (don't forget, no tax)?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

What promo are you referring to?  Is this the infamous secret Cladner code (don't forget, no tax)?

The Triple15, 2-day shipping promo from Walmart.com that works for some people, and not for others. It works for me... trying to find smart ways to use it before it disappears.

38 minutes ago, Kenxxx said:

this is the set that i blew 2 of my 3 10% code uses on.  wish i got a 15% code but made up for an extra 6.25% with tax free in store pick up .... you know where.

of all the sets from TFA, this one should do the best.  $150-160 is not out of the question.

i created a new walmart.com account with a different IP address, email etc using a similar zip code as my home address to see if i could give me another 3 uses.  so far no good.

28 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

walmart randomly or not randomly gives the code - it automatically shows up on the final checkout page.  my discount was 10% but now there are people reporting 15%. 

Edited by cladner

10 minutes ago, brickwheatloaf said:

soo are these the real thing http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Star-Wars-Poes-X-Wing-Fighter-75102-Building-Kit-NEW-/132076560234?hash=item1ec0605f6a:g:e78AAOSwImRYihnO

but people just dont buy them because they ship without the box to save on shipping? 

Check his most recent feedback, negative for fake lego.....so....I dunno. I'd email the seller and ask is it original lego or fake crap.

seller from china, a lot of minifig listings with low prices. FAKE. I think we may need to report him...

Edited by Lordoflego

6 minutes ago, brickwheatloaf said:

soo are these the real thing http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Star-Wars-Poes-X-Wing-Fighter-75102-Building-Kit-NEW-/132076560234?hash=item1ec0605f6a:g:e78AAOSwImRYihnO

but people just dont buy them because they ship without the box to save on shipping? 

From the listing: 

They are compatible with L-E-G-0 and can adhere to any standard L-E-G-0 bricks/plates. 
They are NOT made by L-E-G-0. 

This listing needs to be reported and Shutdown. Counterfeit and misleading buyers...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So for this set that's been perpetually discounted 30%+ almost everywhere and now that we're another couple of production cycles into it, post-Rogue 1 and looking forward to The Last Jedi (loved that trailer!) what do we feel is the real floor/ceiling now that we've seen this ship explode assuming it won't be retired until sometime early 2018 (if they ever retire it).

I can see it taking a year to creep to RRP and then maybe, if they don't remake it a couple of years down the line, maybe having a nice little spike to RRP+50% as there is a high demand for this set. It is very recognizable as the only orange/black x-wing. However, there is always going to be at least one x-wing on offer from TLC, probably almost always at a good discount. Thoughts?

It depends how many people have kept it hoarded or cut their losses. I think this will retire in October. Seems to appear in TLJ trailer but gets blown up. What that will mean for demand I don't know. Can imagine demand increasing but there may be too much supply to raise prices.

Just now, Fenix_2k1 said:

It depends how many people have kept it hoarded or cut their losses. I think this will retire in October. Seems to appear in TLJ trailer but gets blown up. What that will mean for demand I don't know. Can imagine demand increasing but there may be too much supply to raise prices.

Amazon had it really cheap for most of last year and then Tesco's 3for2 took it even lower, so there's going to be a lot of them out there.

8 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

Amazon had it really cheap for most of last year and then Tesco's 3for2 took it even lower, so there's going to be a lot of them out there.

I know. But how many got impatient and flipped when it didn't hit the retirement list last october? There's a lot of impatient investors out there at the moment.

9 minutes ago, Val-E said:

How would you flip it when it has almost always been on sale?

Not that hard really, customers are stupid.

Sell them for cash on local ad sites. Yes people using internet to buy cheap Lego don't realise to look at Amazon first. Go figure.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Current UK Amazon price £54.99, that leaves plenty of room for desperate flippers who bought at £43 on Amazon last year. 

12 quid before fees is plenty of room? Maybe I should have got many more Pet Shops then.

33 minutes ago, Val-E said:

12 quid before fees is plenty of room? Maybe I should have got many more Pet Shops then.

Hey. I'm not saying I understand the logic but people do seem to be happy with the hassle of flipping and making fiver through local freeads sites or even cashing out for no profit just to get the money back in their pocket. It's not a strategy I'd be happy with but it's this logic that keeps prices lower than they should be.

You should know by now plenty of people don't keep proper books... if they make 5 (dollars, euros, etc) on a sale they think they've cashed in big time. I bet a good number of them break even or lose money without even realizing.

I think you should load up on Palace Cinemas while you're at it too.
  • Like 1