Argos 3-4-2

TheGallows

I got kinda lucky, not a big score but my 2 local ones had the hulk busters smash for like £26.49 and they both had 3 in stock last night so I reserved 6 and works out at like £17.60 each or something, cheapest I've bought them yet. Gotta keep adding them to the pile.

Nice work.  HB back up to 29.99 (that 3.50 makes all the difference).  Was tempted to get some JW but of course its all sold out.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Guest TabbyBoy
On 3 November 2015 at 17:53:33, Crustybeaver said:

Yep, I've reserved 45 White Houses and 27 Brandenburg Gates. Reckon I'm going to get some funny looks when I collect those.

I hope you get them in pristine condition without any "catalogue number" stickers plastered over the boxes!  I rejected all 36 Dolphin Cruisers last year when I noticed that the first 10 I looked at were scuffed and covered in white stickers. I choice that I still don't regret. I'd make an exception if R2-D2 was still around.

57 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I hope you get them in pristine condition without any "catalogue number" stickers plastered over the boxes!  I rejected all 36 Dolphin Cruisers last year when I noticed that the first 10 I looked at were scuffed and covered in white stickers. I choice that I still don't regret. I'd make an exception if R2-D2 was still around.

Don worry about the stickers from Argos there super easy to remove with a hair dryer.

Box condition is usually really bad, I got super lucky earlier in the year though, all 10 r5 I bought were excellent

20 minutes ago, Crustybeaver said:

I'm expecting a few rejects, but I'll just refuse them. I've ordered them all into store so with any luck there shouldn't be too many bad apples.

I pity the poor fool who gets stuck in the queue behind you while you QC 72 items!

Guest TabbyBoy

Be carefull with Argos... If you bought 9 sets at £90, 9 at £60 and 9 at £30.... Only the 9 £30 sets will be free. Split your orders up into same priced items and then see the queue behind!

13 minutes ago, TheGallows said:

Don worry about the stickers from Argos there super easy to remove with a hair dryer.

Box condition is usually really bad, I got super lucky earlier in the year though, all 10 r5 I bought were excellent

Any Padawan stickers are very difficult to remove.

• 5 months later...

Last year we had them in July, August, September and November. 

If the Sainsburys buy out goes ahead we may not get them and even if we do if stock is anything like now, it’ll be a none event.  For me at least Argos has fallen off the map for everything except CMF’s and Mixels. Shame when I look at the R2’ and red5’s I picked up in 2014

• Like 1