75144 - UCS: Snowspeeder

oneknightr

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 1/14/2019 at 10:16 AM, exciter1 said:

Regardless, a few years ago Tabby was never buying City again and it's trash.  Everyone else said you are ok with select sets.  Selling City Prison Island for $300+ sure hurts the bottom line.

Back on topic, this UCS Snowspeeder is a glorious vehicle.

Wish I had a few of these right about now 😳

55 minutes ago, Foreman Porgy said:

Wish I had a few of these right about now 😳

I went deep on these just due to the fact that the bootleggers didn't bother copying it because they were already selling a copy of 10129.

Some people like to deny that bootlegs have impact on resale as "those who will buy bootlegs, wouldn't pay aftermarket prices anyways". But my concern wasn't regular bootleg buyers, it's been a worry that those who wouldn't buy a bootleg of a set at retail might be swayed from paying aftermarket prices. With no alternative available... if you want it, you pay big.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Also Pop up Book 21315 is back...

This is out of any logic...

Is it some forgotten bunch of sets? It would be very strange...

Or new production run? If yes, it would be better to just continue from 2018 till these days... If they put it in 2018 to the EOL quite soon (after 1.5 years), they had to have a strong reason - bad selling numbers. Then again, it has absolutelly no logic to reborn it. There are much more popular sets, which finished quite soon and should be ressurected - Saturn, Town hall, Fishing store, etc.

Or the worst case scenario - beginning of a new lego strategy - unexpected ressurection of some sets from time to time... this can kill the secondary market...

I really dont understand this TLG games  - they have big delays with actual production, and what is his reaction? Absolutelly unlogic re-release of very average sets from the past...

11 minutes ago, fantomas007 said:

Also Pop up Book 21315 is back...

This is out of any logic...

Is it some forgotten bunch of sets? It would be very strange...

Or new production run? If yes, it would be better to just continue from 2018 till these days... If they put it in 2018 to the EOL quite soon (after 1.5 years), they had to have a strong reason - bad selling numbers. Then again, it has absolutelly no logic to reborn it. There are much more popular sets, which finished quite soon and should be ressurected - Saturn, Town hall, Fishing store, etc.

Or the worst case scenario - beginning of a new lego strategy - unexpected ressurection of some sets from time to time... this can kill the secondary market...

I really dont understand this TLG games  - they have big delays with actual production, and what is his reaction? Absolutelly unlogic re-release of very average sets from the past...

pretty sure they just found a bunch, happens with cloud city.

One of the sold Snwo speeders that I certainly know of was produced in 2017- so no new production run. I think LEGO kind of knows that a huge percentage of Sets are being bought by resellers. If they start to reproduce older Sets big time- that percentage would be gone.

Edited by benjamin4172
  • Like 1