75144 - UCS: Snowspeeder

oneknightr

Mods, please feel free to delete this or move it to the appropriate thread. I wasn't sure where to post.

I found this rumor from another forum. They said this will be an upcoming $200 set. No timeline or additional information. I for one am hoping this is true because I've been thinking of bricklinking this for a couple of years now but am too lazy and don't have much time (two young kids). I love 10129, how it looks, and the size. If this comes close to 1800+ pieces, that would be amazing. I'm also thinking that since they remade the UCS X-Wing, this may actually be true. Crossing my fingers!

• Like 1

I have a feeling if we were to get a UCS of The Force Awakens, it would have been from Kylo Ren's ship, not some basic fleet vehicle.  While I'm happy to have the opportunity to get this at a good price again, it's not even in my top 3 of remakes I would want to see from UCS Star Wars.  I'm a bit surprised by the news.  We haven't seen some very iconic vehicles in UCS form and we're now getting another remake.  Unfortunate.  Getting another X-wing didn't really surprise as you could argue it's "the" most iconic from the OT, right there with MF, and ISD right behind.

• Like 1

Hmmm, perhaps based on the TFA snowspeeder? Or have the rumors been OT snowspeeder?

no way they would do TFA one before some of the other new ships, particularly Kylo's, or the starkiller base as has been rumored.  that speeder is pretty bland.  Much more likely its OT since that is pushing 10 years in the grave, like x-wing was.

could this be related to the UCS "hoth ehco" base that has been talked about?

I have a feeling if we were to get a UCS of The Force Awakens, it would have been from Kylo Ren's ship, not some basic fleet vehicle.  While I'm happy to have the opportunity to get this at a good price again, it's not even in my top 3 of remakes I would want to see from UCS Star Wars.  I'm a bit surprised by the news.  We haven't seen some very iconic vehicles in UCS form and we're now getting another remake.  Unfortunate.  Getting another X-wing didn't really surprise as you could argue it's "the" most iconic from the OT, right there with MF, and ISD right behind.

only reason I can see them choosing the speeder is because its the next oldest, if you remove ISD (which maybe to costly for them to remake atm?), or the TIE which they have another variant available right now.

no way they would do TFA one before some of the other new ships, particularly Kylo's, or the starkiller base as has been rumored.  that speeder is pretty bland.  Much more likely its OT since that is pushing 10 years in the grave, like x-wing was.

could this be related to the UCS "hoth ehco" base that has been talked about?

"Related"? Do you mean in place of? If so, I doubt it as they have different prod IDs...

"Related"? Do you mean in place of? If so, I doubt it as they have different prod IDs...

if the rumors on hoth echo (75098) are true as well as "hoth attack" 75138 it seems they are on a hoth push.  thus I guess its more likely they will release a new speeder. 

not to mention Hoth being big in the 2015 calendar.

Edited by jay4e

If this rumor proves true it is definitely a slippery slope for LEGO, but keep in mind the UCS Snowspeeder came out over a decade ago.  How many investors are still holding inventory of this one compared to how many fans missed out and would buy a new version at retail?  I say bring on remakes of the ISD, Y-wing, and Vader's TIE Fighter but that's just the collector in me talking. 

Edited by zskid00
  • Like 1

Well, looks like the 10018 Darth Maul set will be the most valuable UCS set very soon.

So when is that 10179 remake coming already??? I want one and just cant bring my self to spend 5k....

heck if they are doing a 4600 piece GBHQ I want a UCS falcon with at least 6000....

Edited by jay4e
  • Like 1