75144 - UCS: Snowspeeder

oneknightr

Which brings up an interesting point , how long is too long to hold on on a set .. anyone getting peeved over this is boarderline hoarding 

Havnt been doing this that long but I personally will not hold a set more then 3 years max. I'm an open person..my strategy is all about buy in. If I buy at X and can sell at Y and make Z I am happy.

Days of buying and holding for years and making 10 times your money is gone.

When an item retires I'm looking to sell 6-12 months after. Sets I bought last year are slowly retiring now and I plan on selling this year. If I make 50-100% I am happy/fine. Grand slams will be few and far between.... consistent profit and turning over product is what I'm focusing on.
  • Like 2

One would hope that people who bought it when it came out sold and moved on but I guess there will be more than a few who bought it from other resellers in the golden age expecting infinite returns. Same with those that got Town Hall at 350 USD or more and those will be the ones annoyed.

There's a significant difference to buying a set at 1.5x retail directly after it retires hoping for gains and doing the same at 10x retail after a set is long gone and has plateaued.

5 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

The only people they should be annoyed with are themselves though, they've had long enough to sell and it's not as if we haven't known this has been coming for more than a year already.

Yeah, yet there will be people who still hold on to their 10179´s till the bitter end, hoping that somewhow the new version will not damage residuals of their ones.

Problem with these higher priced sets is they are not easy to sell quickly at a high price and we have seen what happened to 10188 if you procrastinate too long about selling them and the remak turns out to be a direct clone.

• 1 month later...